Estheria : The InterDimensional Collapse (First music piece released publicly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NittDarko

Indie Developer - The Light of Sai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That sounds very promising, My game also started in the new year as a new years resolution and its turned a bit more serious, I'd love to test any tech demos/demos you have when available

will this be free-to-play or Commercial?

zaxwlyde

Father, Designer, Author, Food-Enthusiast.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Commercial, we are still determining the price but we thoroughly believe in bang for your buck. We also are against any anti-consumer practices, will be offering a thorough transparent development process with weekly updates on our website once its running, including screenshots!

If we go down the DLC route it will not be typical DLC, it will only be Expansions that add vast new lands to the game and tons of content, and we will only even begin to think of those once the game is released and only if the community agrees that it might be a good idea.

In regards to that, we are going to be releasing a fully completed, quality, polished product. One that will offer a high level of replayability and be sizable in length, but most importantly, fun!

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And as promised! New Screenshot, tell me what'cha think! :D

QUEST WINDOW.png

NittDarko

Indie Developer - The Light of Sai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
ooooooooo a quest system!

I like it!

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the page with font image replacements for major areas of the post! Also have added in details for a total of 4 of the 9 crafting professions. At least 2 more will hopefully be added in by the end of today.

Olivier

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Seems like a great idea, wishing you the best of luck.

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've added another one of the crafting professions! This time around it's Soul-Smithing, I think everyone will like the description and lore behind the profession.

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE! 

We have implemented custom font's and text editing options, as well as an updated title screen! (Take Note: The Title Screen background is RTP and is not final, but the window option and the font's are all custom now.

PICTURES! :D

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!

So, it's been a busy past couple of weeks, scripting is coming along, art is being produced, music is being composed, and basically things are full steam ahead! We will be retrieving updated teaser screenshots hopefully by next week. Though for now. I think a piece of lore tease is sufficient?

(These are two pieces from two different stages of the game's plot, but should suffice (We hope!))

"For eons we have adopted this twisted sense of reality.
The fusion of realms brings us ever closer to its conclusion.
As we fight wars with hate and brutality.
Striving to break free from this corrupt illusion.

The chains are breaking free at long last.
The air around us clean once more.
As the flags go up, signalling the final cannon blast.
The last of the mighty fall with the killing roar."

"This chorus stuck in my head, children's screams as the slaughter continues.
Wisdom's burden placed unto me, the weight I must bear.
While the ignorant play their petty games at bars and cheap venues.
Those of good intent are thrown to the side without a care.

These times are set to change, as the revolution storms this land.
A blinding light is coming, for it will deliver us to the new Eden.
Only then can we witness the new age, brought with the repentance of man.
Only then will the rooted foundations of this world continue breathin'."

Take into account, BOTH of these are from work in progress lore development, but will show you the darker side of Estheria : TIC!

We are still looking for some testers! Feel free to PM me either here or on Skype at Zaxwlyde (If choosing Skype, make sure to send me a request stating you're from the forums, otherwise it may be overlooked.)

As always, we'll keep you posted! 

Sincerely, Zach

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

It's been a while since we last posted here at SyN Studios, we're chugging away at development on Estheria, and today I wanted to focus on audio.

We haven't posted much except for screenshots, so I'd like to deliver our first snippet of content substance!

We've been working with an awesome composer over the past several months who has been coming together with us to create some brilliant audio for Estheria.

Today, I'd like to present our very first audio drop! It's the theme from one of our maps, Aurora Beach.

You'll find it in the line below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0bil6bt1d6tdc13/Aurora%20Beach.mp3?dl=0

Let us know what you think! We will be also dropping a more substantial progress update later this week, thanks for all your time! :)

Sincerely,

SyN Studios.

View attachment Aurora Beach.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:

m4uesviecr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, Aurora Beach is a fun piece! One thing I would recommend is to upload the tracks via dropbox or box (for streaming purposes), rather than having people download the file!

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited by a moderator:

zaxwlyde

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone! It's time for a long awaited update.

So, to begin with both good and bad news..., bad first!

THE BAD : Over the past few months I suffered a processor failure and have been scraping together funding for a new one, in turn switching development over to my laptop, and we have lost our character artist (he seemingly vanished shortly after beginning work with us, hope he's alright!) 

I've been doing complete overhauls of the story and drafting the living hell out of the design document, but it's been hard. It's been my first time ever drafting a design document, and my first time doing a story this big so much has had to be done.

Things have been busy with everyone at the team in their personal lives, and development grinded to a standstill late May. I've on occasion worked on things and have chugged away at drafting our documents, but otherwise it's been well... dead. But now for the good!

THE GOOD : Estheria is now resurrected! I am now reinitiating team-member recruitment as well as resuming development on Estheria. Tonight I've managed to get a stable running build up and hopefully by tomorrow will be issuing an early prototype tech test to testers (who we need more of for sure now!) Starting this upcoming Monday I will be posting my first developer update!, every Monday I will post a development update that outlines what has been done that week in order to maintain development transparency with everyone. 

I believe that with time, I can get this project firmly back on track, as this is a project that I put a personal guarantee WILL release.

Anyways, if anyone would like to participate as a tester or offer their skills for development, either reply to this thread or PM me. Together, we can bring this beautiful dream to fruition! If anyone has questions about anything, feel free to ask via the channels I've just listed. 

Cya soon! ~ Zach, Lead Developer of Estheria, and Founder of SyN Studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyorna