TRADE Eternal Conflict Recruiting Lead Eventer

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

New Information here guy! I am currently looking to add a highly skilled eventer to our team, our head programmer has had to take a back seat since beginning his career as a doctor leaving us in a bit of a pickle. Currently we have 80% of the main story line quests in the game with a variety of features including custom ui, animated portraits, and all game essential maps parallaxed and completed with my custom tile set.

Need a highly skilled rpg maker person who would be willing to jump in and help to complete the project. If you look on my deviant art the game is completed with a beautiful custom made tile set by myself i would be willing to trade things like, commercial rights to the tiles, lessons in pixel art and tile creation or custom tiles (within reason) for your project. Please contact me with any questions 2/26/18 is the date of this post.

++About The Project++
Eternal Conflict is a story based game developed on RPG Maker MV. The game is currently being developed by a two person team that has invested over a year into bringing the game to it's current state. This is a long term detail oriented project that is pushing towards a steam green light submission.

++The Current Team++
Our current team consists of two members myself (Ryan) a pixel artist and mapping expert who has spent countless hours developing custom art assets including, bust, tiles, textures & sprites. The game features mostly custom graphics with some edits for time saving purposes. My partner Eric is a writing and lore master and has already completed the screenplay for Eternal Conflict along with developing a deep lore and backstory and developing several story driven side quests.

++Looking For Lead Game Developer++
We are currently looking for a person who can lead up the game play and eventing area of the game. Originally i had planned to do the all of the tech work myself however over the last few months i realized that creating a continuous flow of highly detailed maps and tiles while working in the game engine will make it impossible to complete the game in a timely manner. With the level of effort that my partner and i have put into this game so far we are not looking for just a person but the RIGHT person. A good fit for the project would be someone who fits the majority of the criteria below.
  • An eventer who has the desire to make a game for steam but does not have the ability to create or purchase custom assets
  • Someone who is highly experienced with the RPG Maker Engine (scripting experience would be great)
  • Detail oriented will focus on minimizing typographical errors and color coding words correctly
  • Someone who is highly committed and able to consistently move the project forward, we want a full time partner not the type of person who will disappear in a month
Further details on the project are listed below feel free to check out our stuff:
champgaming.deviantart.com
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/eternal-conflict.73007/

I can trade tile edits or creation, game sale percentages can also be discussed. I do however prefer to discuss this in skype.

++STORY++
++CHARACTERS++

++SCREENSHOTS++

Attachments

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
FYI: Steam Greenlight is going away, so you may wish to remove that from your thread. Value announced it was being removed and replaced with something else in a month or two. More details, we don't know.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
It says trade, what are you offering in return?

FYI: Steam Greenlight is going away, so you may wish to remove that from your thread. Value announced it was being removed and replaced with something else in a month or two. More details, we don't know.
It's a new system where Valve won't personally check the games anymore so anyone's free to add games. But the new submission fee could range anywere between 200 to 5.000 dollars.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are more experienced people out there that might take you up on the offer so if they do then you can feel free to ignore this.

I am however interested so if it comes down to it then shoot me a PM. I have a fairly good command of the RPG Maker Eventing system. I have rudimentary knowledge of Javascript at best however... I do know script calls for Events in MV (they are posted after all) and I did some minor (and I mean MINOR) script edits.

I am willing to go into it for the trade as I have my own game to accomplish.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I might be interested in this, but I'll need more precisions. And, since I think it will help anyone who considers taking the job, I'm going to ask it here and not via PM.
What exactly does Lead Eventer entail for your game? Any super complicated things I should know before hand? I mean: eventing doors and dialogue isn't hard, mostly time consuming, you could probably do it yourself. What systems do you have in mind that would require an experienced eventer?
As for the possible scripting part, anything major planned?

If you don't want to tell specifics I can totally understand, but giving a broad idea of what your battle system exactly is and what modifications you want will at least help any potentail applicant know if they can do it.

I probably won't end up fitting your criteria because I cannot promise anything further than 6 months and certainly not full time commitment but it should help others to decide.

Last edited:

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I might be interested in this, but I'll need more precisions. And, since I think it will help anyone who considers taking the job, I'm going to ask it here and not via PM.
What exactly does Lead Eventer entail for your game? Any super complicated things I should know before hand? I mean: eventing doors and dialogue isn't hard, mostly time consuming, you could probably do it yourself. What systems do you have in mind that would require an experienced eventer?
As for the possible scripting part, anything major planned?

If you don't want to tell specifics I can totally understand, but giving a broad idea of what your battle system exactly is and what modifications you want will at least help any potentail applicant know if they can do it.

I probably won't end up fitting your criteria because I cannot promise anything further than 6 months and certainly not full time commitment but it should help others to decide.

Hey Ast,

Appreciate the interest, specific details are something i would prefer to discuss in a non public forum but i will answer as much as i can. The reason i am looking for someone to handle the game-play and eventing portion of the game is that painting a highly detailed custom tile set along with then making highly detailed maps is extremely time consuming and it would be great to add another person to the team since we have a literature expert and myself as a more art focused person. I have the capability to do the eventing however i think it would be a much more efficient workflow to add a "techie" or person who is more engine focused and can dedicate all of their time to the engine side of the game.

As far as what the job will entail, it would be implementing story and cut scenes into the game, implementing and testing the combat system and quest system, balancing and itemization. There can of course be creative freedom in here and discussion on adding additional systems can take place. I am a firm believer in implementing less and having it done right then promising a ton of things and having them all be mediocre.

The game is planned to be the first chapter in a larger story and we are aiming at 5-7 hours of game play, where if successful the other chapters will then be worked on and completed.

I hope this offers some clarification and would be more then happy to answer any other questions via skype.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am re-opening this thread as we lost our main programmer to the medical profession! I am currently looking for someone to help see the project to completion.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am once again bumping this looking to see if someone would be interesting in salvaging our code, or re starting this project with me as every game necessary map has been completed with custom graphics and parallax style. There are tons of custom assets and a tileset i could offer as trade for programming services.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am still looking for a reliable person who would be willing to commit to finishing this project, the art assets for the game are completed i just require someone who is highly skilled and experienced in the RPG maker engine to handle completing the programming side of things.

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I would try to help. but I'm honestly in the middle of finishing up my first game and till work on my second. How much time would you need?

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Jay,

It would be a time commitment, the game is currently in a spot where all core art assets are created and implemented in the game, most of the story has been added as events (probably needs some cleaning up) and the combat system as been implemented and tested (much custom scripting by my previous programmer). Some core systems need to be finished and refined...

The perks of working with me is i am one of the few tile artists with a unique hand painted style on here and can offer access to these assets and custom assets as trade.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so a bit of confusion here. Your main post says eventer, your most recent post says scripter. I'm a highly skilled eventer (including complex systems), but my scripting knowledge mostly consists of edits. If you can clarify which one you're in need of, I may be able to help.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hex....hey, the game had many hours of work put into it, so there where many custom scripts created for it, so someone would need to atleast be able to understand them at a basic level in order to utilize them. Basically the story goes i was working with a team on time constraints (programmer was off to start as a doctor so very smart guy) and he was not able to finish the programming aspect of the game in the time limit...and i am an artist and incapable of understanding the complex systems and would need someone who is capable of comprehending things and moving the project to completion.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't worked with JavaScript in a very long while, but if it's just a matter of working with existing code, I don't think it'll take me too long to remember. So if no pros end up with you, you can hit me up.

Stridah

The People's Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I haven't worked with JavaScript in a very long while, but if it's just a matter of working with existing code, I don't think it'll take me too long to remember. So if no pros end up with you, you can hit me up.
Sounds good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark