RMMV Eternal Dawn (HEAVY Work in Progress)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by Olra, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Olra

Olra Global Derp Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

This game in the making is inspired by the games i've played throughout my life. The story is based on Zelda, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Mario and Luigi, etc. , the locations are based on Zelda, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Spyro, and characters are ones I designed due to my passion for the Digimon franchise. However, I wanted to bring these characters to life in a fantasy setting. And after losing interest in my last game project, i'd rather not want my characters to be just fan characters, but something a bit more. So here we are.

Note: This story will cover fantasy religion and politics regarding the world's setting, and while this game has a lighthearted tone, there will be some serious moments with subjects that i'm not sure is touchy in a light-hearted game. Regardless, proceed with caution.

Feedback on anything is always welcome.

SETTING AND STORY
    The world of Eteria is a strange place, however not unlike places seen in a fantasy tale. Though mostly sound, it has become what it is due to an innate form of magic that controls this world, though not unlike the nature we have. Due to this, various creatures and beings have been made with this magic, even humans. Most people can only harness what this magic gave them, with mages, clerics, and other magic-born races being able to wield it for power.

The world itself is a little imbalanced. Though grassy plains, dense forests, and high mountain tops still exist, magic has been fluctuating in stability every thousand years, thus making areas that are the most dense of magic unstable every now and then. Thus, you can also find stuff like floating islands and areas frozen like time has stopped around it.

Unfortunately this caused more trouble than needed, and the remnants of this lost past has been put into relics recounting bits of a prophecy that has been found but not deciphered. Though this was never a truly current topic, the prophecy has been brought up again due to nature's agitation and the uprising of certain, cult-like groups. This has eventually caught the attention of royalty, and Northrun's royal court has entrusted its most trusted of scholars to decipher this prophecy before the problem gets too out of hand.

You play as a young Perrenia named Jimi, who stumbles upon part of this prophecy when an otherworldly monster threatens his home tree, and set off on a simple quest turned complex. Along the way, you make friendships with others that are either on the same path or influenced by the same mystery- what is this mysterious prophecy and why has it recently been brought to attention? Why is nature in an odd imbalance? And what has the future got in store for the intrepid band of heroes?

MAIN CHARACTERS
    While characters can be of any personality, I prefer starting off with friendlier characters. The characters below are just four of seven.

Jimi
    [​IMG]
    Race: Perrenia
    Class: Warrior
    Element: Nature

A rather friendly Perrenia, though a bit naive. His selflessness can cause him to help other without second thought. This stems from his dreams of seeing the world when he was just a sapling. He's not good at using magic, but like other Perrenia he DOES have the ability to use nature magic and can use it to morph his body by a small degree, specifically his arms and legs.

The Warrior class is all about attacking close-range and taking a few hits in the process, though in this game it has a little twist: each strike has a low chance of causing the target to bleed and slowly lose HP. His power is off-put by the fact that he's bad at fighting against more magical enemies.

Jan
    [​IMG]
    Race: Orc
    Class: Shaman
    Element: Darkness

An Orc cast from her tribe in the south and now lives in solitude. Contrary to her race's standards, she doesn't mind helping others out but can be rather hot-headed, and not only that but she's as dense and reclusive as a normal Orc. Thus, she tends to try and sort out problems on her own, thus can get into hot water with just about anyone AND everyone, either intentionally or not.

The Shaman is traditionally used as an offensive Cleric, but in this game it's more about trapping and enchantment, thus Jan can turn the opponent onto others or even cancel out movement. She still has the ability to heal, though it's only strong enough for early game.

Milos
    [​IMG]
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage
    Element: Darkness

A rather shy human that's training under the guidance of Northrun magician Hain. He's introverted, but doesn't mind company. However, while he can help out with a cause, his timid nature can cause issues, and he prefers to stay out of more dangerous situations. He has a pronounced stutter which can also cause him to have trouble with holding a proper conversation.

Like in most instances, the Mage can dish out devastating magical blows, but can't necessarily take hits themselves. It's especially true in this game, where the mage has high magical stats but low offensive stats. However, Milos can learn a lot of elemental moves to make up for his narrow specialty.

Amelia
    [​IMG]
    Race: Human
    Class: Paladin
    Element: Light

A trainee part of the King's Guard in Northrun. Kind and just, though she has a bit of pride as the Guard's most promising recruit and can be a little reckless due to it. However, she does make a good paladin and is selfless as a result of being part of the Northrun guards. She can be quite fickle when others are hurt, however, but only because she cares.

The Paladin is normally a magic-based warrior in most cases, but in this game the Paladin is more of a wall- high defenses, decent stats. Amelia can also protect her other allies but is a bit more susceptible to being affected by certain statuses.

PLANS
    • The battle system will be in the obvious Side-view Battle System. However it will be as balanced and as pretty as can be.
    • Good balance and level caps for each story arc to avoid any major grinding and power leveling.
    • Custom assets and music.
    • Drawn cutscenes!
    • An actual demo once the first part of the game is finished... :hswt:

ELEMENT CHART
    All monsters and most attacks have an element. Each element is strong and weak against another. These are the eight elements found within the game:

Fire: +Steel -Water
    Ice: +Nature -Steel
    Water: +Fire -Wind
    Nature: +Earth -Ice
    Electric: +Wind -Earth
    Steel: +Ice -Fire
    Wind: +Water -Electric
    Earth: +Electric -Nature
    Light: Strong and Weak to Darkness
    Darkness: Strong and Weak to Light

CONCEPTS
    UNFORTUNATELY I don't have that yet. I will draw them soon, though.
    Juuuust a small taste of the layout in the game. These are mostly WIP, but I hope it looks good with a custom tileset later on when I implement it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. Fujimaru

Fujimaru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    This story is based on many things, be careful not to lose yourself,
    Jan can cure with a darkness element isn't a problem?
    And you have two similar element in the team, well it's not a problem but it would be nice to diversify it.
    You finished your drawing?

3. Olra

Olra Global Derp Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. I'll try not to lose myself, these points merge quite nicely in the end but i'd rather not spoil anything major.
    2. Elements do not dictate what can heal and what can't, so she does have some darkness-type healing spells.
    3. Light Element can be a problem for two of the members, but I don't plan on putting many Light/Darkness enemies in the early game. I plan on adding certain items to help with balancing though, just to alleviate difficulty.
    4. I've been working on the game's artwork, so I might show some concepts later on. For now, i'm trying to figure out what to show first.

4. Fujimaru

Fujimaru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ok ok, good luck for that !