Thanks for continuing the journey, @MechScapeZH !
Good luck on ahead! The city's boss is the perhaps toughest, wonder how you'll do!
- The cult represents a old era or rpgs when things were still a little on the nose. Defeating 'Death' is just the kind of thing they'd have you do. It's not the villain's actual name though
- The Spirit of Vengeance wasn't an intentional reference, but now I'll have trouble not thinking of it that way
- The beginning of the fight used to show multiple slimes come together to form this bigger one - hence Transforming Slime. I removed the intro for the sake of consistency with the other battles
- Elemental essence can be used to purchase Earrings from the armor vendor. These boost your elemental resistances
This was a great decision. The battle system is a big part of what makes the game so fun.Originally, there were overworlds for every area just like in any other RPG, but I realized that they didn't add much to the game and weren't particularly fun to traverse.
And you did- big time. I'm totally the same way- I think that's why I enjoy Eternal Dreamers.In terms of story, I suppose I have always been someone that enjoyed being thrown into an unknown world. For example, I used to start reading manga in the middle of their story, as it made me feel like I was just another part of that world, not the center of it. We meet people at the midst of their lives, not the beginning. I always liked recreating those encounters. In the same sense, we don't truly know the reason for the things that happen around us, yet we try to deal with problems as they arise, and the same is true for the heroes of Eternal Dreamers. That is why you will beat the game still wondering what really happened and why. I wanted to tickle the imagination of people with that kind of approach.
I had the exact same problem with my story- being cryptic as a writer is really fun, but as a viewer people say it can be frustrating. Surrealistic/vague plot points are hard to write in a way so that that the audience will be intrigued rather than confused- and even then a large portion of the population doesn't have patience for this kind of stuff, unfortunately. Personally, I love mysteries & shadowy characters, but my experience correlates with yours- people give this stuff a negative.Now that many people have been playing the game, however, I realize that things are a bit too cryptic.
I don't know how big of a Batman fan you are, but minor nitpick- he does know. Batman found out in "Chill of the Night," published sometime in the 80s. ...Sorry, I can't help myself when it comes to comics trivia.Just like Batman doesn't know the murderer of his parents, I didn't think that mattered.
Thanks! I couldn't have done it without you. I still am considering implementing a Freeze resist on bosses, or some of them at least. But for now, Sakia remains a very potent character.I tested it right now and it is no longer possible to maintain the combo when doing mistakes. Even when not doing mistakes your party gauge still goes down. Good job.
Congrats on your release! I just wanted to ask- my save file will work with this version, correct?
Today’s patch marks the arrival of a new quest-type, the Urgent Missions! Urgent Missions are incredibly difficult quests where the odds seem stacked against you. This quest type is a system that will be expanded upon over time, and while only one Urgent Mission launches today, more will be added in future content updates. Emerge victorious for a chance at new items, tons of currency and valuable Infection Fragments! Clearing any Investigation-type quest will be a chance for this new quest to appear!
Furthermore, the guide (formerly manual) has been greatly expanded upon. This will make it easier for players to find their way around the mysterious world of Eternal Dreamers. To that same end, the hub area sees some slight changes to highlight an important point of interest.
Changes as well as bug fixes can be found in the patch notes below:
- Introduced new quest-type: Urgent Missions
- Made alterations to the garden area
- Made alterations to the shopping mall area
- Made alterations to the the shelter area
- Made alterations to the area select screen
- Introduced new quest-type: Urgent Missions
- Introduced new Urgent Mission: Sinister Invasion
- Urgent Missions will have a chance of appearing after clearing any Investigation-type quest:
- Normal mode: 2%
- Hard mode: 2.5%
- Urgent Missions can be challenged on all available difficulties
- Certain Urgent Missions will be longer and exponentially more challenging on higher difficulities
- Clearing an Urgent Mission on any difficulty will remove it from the list of active Urgent Missions
- Added new currency: Infection Fragment
- Infection Fragments can be earned by clearing Urgent Missions
- Added new item
- Reset Amplifier: Removes all upgrades from a piece of equipment
- The behavior of Flameball on higher ability levels has been changed
- Flameball will not grant increased AP regeneration on ability levels II-MAX
- Flameball will have better odds to inflict Ablaze on higher ability levels
- Increased cost of the gauge ability Polarizer from 3 -> 5 gauge bar segments
- Added new shop attendant for furniture
- Removed the attendant of the network counter
- Added new exchange NPC for Infection Fragments. Just where are they hiding?
- Exchange stock of the NPC is incomplete in its current state and will be expanded upon in future updates
- In order to access this exchange NPC, Hard mode needs to be unlocked
- Added a new scene with Sakia
- Added a furniture shop to the shopping mall
- The furniture shop will open store in a future update
- Removed the network counter from the shopping mall
- Renamed the manual → guide
- Added new sections to the guide
- Learning Abilities (under Combat Basics)
- Upgrades (under Equipment)
- Items (new main section)
- Updated currency display in the menu and save screen to show Infection Fragments
- Added icons for the Select Party, Guide and Code Input options in the hub area
- Changed wording on the victory screen
- Removed menu music until issues have been ironed out
- Transition from battle back to the hub has been smoothened
- Updated credits
- Substantially reduced client file size
- Removed unintended button prompts in the keyboard layout
- Fixed Sword[T1] wrongly lowering agility when equipped
- Fixed incorrect pricing of Glory Strike II in the ability shop
- Fixed incorrect pricing of the king’s new clothes in the casino exchange
- Fixed music not playing after exiting an exchange or shop
- Fixed the issue that had the player character enter the communications center of the hub area sideways
- Fixed unintended passability in the shelter area
- Fixed graphical bug in the medical center
- Removal of the Frozen state through combat has afflicted unable to move for an additional turn regardless
Thank you for your support! Download the new version here!
- Implementation of additional Urgent Missions
- Room Feature (In early implementation phase)
- Nightmare Difficulty
You can safely copypaste the save file and see for yourself. Of course, you will have to download the new version of the game to do so. I reduced the filesize by about 200MB for this release at the very least.Ah, all right. Just to be safe, I'll continue playing the last release.