RMMV Eternal Dreamers | Battle-Focused RPG | Demo Available

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Biestmann, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much! I hope you will enjoy it. Just don't hold your tongue for the feedback; I can take it.

alcreator440 likes this.
  2. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Now on itch.io

The newest version of Eternal Dreamers now is available on itch.io! If you would like to support the game, please pay the site a visit, leave a rating and download the demo!

Bug Report

I pushed a hotfix on September 7th to fix a bug preventing enemies from dropping certain items. However, I soon realized that the bug runs a bit deeper than that. I have been working on finding a solution, but I will likely have to commission a compatibility fix for some of the plugins I employ. For the time being, it is possible that you will see an item drop in battle that you have not actually received. I apologize for the inconvenience, and will do my best to fix the issue in a timely manner.

What's next? - Tower Rework

With the Coaching system implemented, it is time for me to move on to the next thing. Before implementing the final difficulty setting - the Nightmare difficulty - I am going to rework and expand on the Tower. The Tower is a lategame quest-type that sees you challenge a great number of enemy groups in succession and is meant to offer the most challenging content in the game.

To make the mode more interesting and worthwhile, I am going to make a number of changes. The below is a list of changes that are subject to change:

#1 One random set of conditions is applied to every floor

The conditions are exclusive to the Tower and cannot be removed by the player.
    A set of conditions will always be removed on the next floor.
    Floors with major bosses are exempt from conditions.

Random Conditions
    • 10% HP Recovery per turn
    • ATK Up & DEF Down
    • DEF Up & ATK Down
    • Poisoned & Invincible
    • ATK Up & Def Up & Death in five turns
    • Heal Effectiveness -50%
    • Use of items prohibited
    • Gauge Abilities disabled
    #2 Every enemy can drop an Ophello Piece

Floor 1-20: (1%)
    Floor 21-40: (2%)
    Floor 41-60: (3%)

#3 The minor bosses can drop an Ophello Piece

Floor 1-20: (10%)
    Floor 21-40: (20%)
    Floor 41-60: (30%)

#4 The major bosses always drop Ophello Pieces

Floor 20: 1x Ophello Piece
    Floor 40: 2x Ophello Piece
    Floor 60: 4x Ophello Piece

#5 The Tower floor savepoints are floor 1, 21, 41

#6 Tower progress is reset when clearing floor 60

A Word of Thanks

Work on this game seems to never end, but it's all the support and feedback I have received on here that has me add to the game time and time again. This project wouldn't exist without you! So have a heartfelt thanks, you really deserve it. The support means a lot!

That concludes today's developer's notes! So long!

alcreator440 and Mimironi like this.
  3. alcreator440

alcreator440 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright I've played a little more of your game. These are just some more of my initial impressions on it.

• To start off I would recommend a battle tutorial before you start on your first mission. I guess thematically you can just call it a training simulator. What's AP? What is the purpose of the gauge bar and what effect can it have on battles? I had no idea why certain characters wound up in front of others during battle and the mechanics behind that. I know you have a manual the player can check but nobody wants to read all of that text when they first start. It should be there for review if they forgot something the battle tutorial mentioned. Because your game is mainly just battles its okay to put a quick mandatory tutorial in it.
    • In the tutorial you can have them suggest some team combinations like: healer/tank/dps/dps. Have the game tell the player what is recommended for beginners.
    • Maybe before the player starts their first mission have the game check if a healer is in the party. If there is none have the game inform the player that they are about to embark on a mission without a healer. Some players can easily just go straight into their first mission and not even check their party members. I would also have the player start out with a few basic healing items just to get them going.
    • I'm also not too sure how I feel about not having any numbers for the hp gauge in battle. In tactical games like this the player would want to know exactly how much hp their characters have to help them with their decision making. It feels tedious to have to frequently check the party info option to see their hit points.
    • In regards to the world select screen I would make the world map vast and highly detailed so when I select a location the camera can pan and zoom in on it to give a greater sense of immersion and scale(personally I would try to go all out and incorporate mode 7 for the world map but that's just me).
    • Because this is such a battle focused game I would have the characters explain what type of role they have in battle when you first recruit them in addition to whatever you have them to say. Let them explain how they're unique from the others in terms of personality and battle prowess.
    • Another suggestion I have is to use Yanfly's Map Quest Window. That way whenever you return to base the player will never be lost. I would also suggest some unique sidequests for your characters that when completed unlock special character specific abilities or equips for them in battle. These sidequests can be a great way to give more backstory to the characters(not sure if you've already done this yet though).
    • Not sure if you do this later on but I would have some characters hanging out in the shopping mall or the medical bay in the beginning of the game to help accentuate their personalities more(like for instance one of the guys has a crush on Eucreta so he's always in the laboratory with her, then have one of his sidequests involve doing a mission specifically for her).
    • Speaking of Eucreta it would be cool if she chimed in during each boss battle to give the player a tip. And it would also be cool if she said something if one character's hp gets really low or dies. This would help with immersion.(Edit: Also when two or more characters die she suggest the player should evacuate.)
    • The game should explain what coaching is and what benefits it has upon first entering the coaching office. Also I'm not sure if you've done this yet but it looks like the player has their own office they can frequent. Maybe add some achievements like trophies or stuffed animals that show up in your office throughout the game(stuffed animals can be from characters that you've built a bond with or something). Also when you exit the coaching office the player should be placed back into whatever room they accessed it from. So if I entered from the lab it should put me back into the lab for convenience sake.
    • I would remove the sound effect of negative status ailments in battle.
    • Your blue menus look a little plain. I don't know if you have some items that change your window backgrounds but I would add one that has some cyber circuits to make your game more visually interesting.
    The game is fun and immersive. I know I said this before but the music is really nice. I have some thoughts on the battle system but I'll keep them to myself until I have put more time into it. I plan on continuously updating you on my thoughts over time as I play through the game.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    MechScapeZH and Biestmann like this.
  4. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your super detailed first impressions! I'll go through each point one by one.

Yeah, this is something players have been suggesting for some time. The battle system had been subject to changes up until recently, so I felt creating a tutorial before it was finalized would be a waste of time. That said, there won't be any major changes going forward, meaning I should work on implementing the tutorial sooner rather than later.

I want to encourage trial and error as well as experimentation as much as possible, so I will have to ponder on whether to make that change or not. In general, it should be possible to clear the first mission without much trouble with any given party composition. I am definitely going to add the suggested healing items to the inventory at the start of the game however. I think that is the right call without a doubt.

Abilities and items all work on a % basis, which I feel is easy to track just through the visual of the bar alone. I understand that numbers make things easier to gauge initially, but once you have familiarized yourself with the party members, seeing them won't really make much of a difference.

That's a great suggestion! I was planning on commissioning a drawn world map for a while, even opening a thread for that purpose here on the forums. I will experiment with your idea instead.

Another great suggestion! I will add an image detailing the niche of each character upon being recruited.

This game takes heavy inspiration from Phantasy Star Online, which had a really pure approach to storytelling and progression. I understand the appeal of quest markers in our modern times, but at the same time feel it would go against my vision for the game. Since the structure of the game is fairly simplistic, I hope that omission won't harm it in a substantial manner.

Regarding sidequests, I was in fact thinking of implementing those after the Tower rework and implementation of the final difficulty setting. It's a great idea, I agree, and would help flesh out the game's characters immensely.

This is something I feel would work well in conjunction with the above-mentioned sidequest system. So I am likely to do something like that towards the end of the development cycle. As for Eucreta, I am afraid she is taken by Alexandra already.

I was already going to add dialogue for when you first enter a new area, but your suggestion has merit as well. My only concern is that messages of that kind might get repetitive rather quickly; especially against stronger enemies where being low on HP is a common occurrence.

That sounds lovely, and I will brainstorm ideas! Teleporting the player back to where they were before starting a coaching session should be doable as well.

Was there a particular status effect that annoyed you, or is it a general sentiment? I ask since a change like that feels like it would be a step back from a sound design perspective. In the past, I have tried to tune the audio levels of status effects to very low levels as for them not to become an annoyance.

I would really love that type of menu design. Unfortunately, graphics are not my forte whatsoever, so it is something I will have to commission in all likelihood. Otherwise, the menu would have been changed a long time ago.

I am glad you have been enjoying yourself so far! This kind of game definitely isn't for everyone, so I am interested to see how far you will take it. Your first impressions have been invaluable already, and I greatly look forward to more! Thank you so much!

alcreator440 likes this.
  5. alcreator440

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think the game should suggest it in the beginning to get the player in the mindset of party experimentation. This is your game's main selling point so it should showcase the ins and outs of party experimentation as much as it can in the beginning.

Yeah that was just a nitpick. Personally I wouldn't do it but I get why you want less numbers to keep the interface cleaner.

If you're gonna have sidequests then that plugin is almost a must. With so many characters and potential sidequests keeping up with it all could become a real pain without something like that. I also don't see how it would interfere with your Phantasy Star Online motif. Just call the quest system the players journal/diary or something.

Lol you think that's gonna stop a guy from trying? Him being persistent can be one of his personality quirks(it can also lead to some great comedy as well like he doesn't know her preferences and his whole sidequest chain can play on his ignorance/stubbornness for comedic effect).

You can just have it for when a particular character dies, or if two or more are dead she suggests one time during the battle to evacuate.

Here's an idea; for when the supposed lover guy goes down in battle later in the game Eucreta actually shows more concern for him then the others(as she may not be in to him, but due to his persistence to win her over they develop a strong platonic friendship instead). This can potentially be great character development(maybe the guy is only interested in women for their looks in the beginning but matures over the course of the game to see them for more than that through his pursuits of Eucreta)(And maybe Eucreta has some issues in that she has a great disdain for men due to a traumatic past but the lover guy helps her to view men in a more respectable light). Lol sorry if it seems like I'm trying to write your story for you but I'm actually a writer so it's hard to suppress my ideas sometimes.

The poison state was a little annoying to me and I know I can't be the only player who felt that way. It's best to just remove the sound of states like that altogether as I don't think it's needed.

To be honest this isn't my type of game. However what would keep someone like me engaged is the story and characters, which is why I suggested making their personalities stand out more so I can be more invested in my party's character development both in and out of battle.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Biestmann likes this.
  6. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for elaborating, @alcreator440. I am going to look into your suggestions right away.

I'd just like to respond to these suggestions again since they stuck out to me. I see the trope of the man-hating gay woman quite often in Japanese games first and foremost. However, a straight woman traumatized by men would not turn gay as a response; she'd simply not date men anymore. Hence, I really don't believe that sort of characterization makes for good writing.

As for the trope of the flirtatious man that doesn't get the clue, I am not particularly fond of that kind of character either. Often times, this sort of character comedy consists of sexual harassment of some sort, and though an unfortunate staple of JRPGs, always is creepy and obnoxious, but not at all funny to me.

Finally, from a mere mechanical perspective: Eucreta's and Alexandra's relationship isn't at all hidden, and therefore that kind of scenario wouldn't work to begin with.

7. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dayum and here I was thinking we finally figured it out xD (sorry, could't help but respond lol)

It is possible to write a character like this without all the harassement and stupidity often seen if you give him a deep and detailed background but, sadly, it's rare to see it done right.

Happend to find that thread (as I hardly ever check the paid section) just before reading this so I'm curious as how it'll turn out and if its not to your liking and you want to revisit the idea of a drawn map... Who knows, maybe I can help xD

Biestmann likes this.
  8. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I simply find it worth pointing out due to the prevalence of the trope. It is similar to how you will find trans characters with the same background who somehow overcome their trauma and return to their original gender identity by the end. That line of writing is transphobic in how it ascribes trans identity to a set of negative emotions that can and should be overcome. Likewise, I don't want to evoke the impression that Eucreta likes women simply due to a bad history with men.

Even famous JRPGs struggle with queer themes, Persona being a prime example. Since a primary goal of my game is to create something that can see many kinds of people represented, however, writing those aspects respectfully and not as the butt of the joke is quite essential.

Even if I were to give them a sad and detailed background to explain their behavior, the character would lose their comedic effect as a result. Ultimately, this kind of comedy is something I wish the genre could move past.

Thanks a lot for the offer, I really appreciate it! The truth is that map commissions are insanely pricey, a realization that made me ponder on whether that money wouldn't be better spent on other resources. I'll get to working on the new map soon and will let you know how that goes.

9. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh I understand. As a gay male myself I am well aware of the miss-representation that happens in a lot of games.

True off you write such a character as comedic relief, which I wouldn't to begin with. I rather write my characters as 'real' people that May or May not cause some situation that might or might not create a laugh.

True commisions are always pricey and there is always the question what should get a larger budget xD

Biestmann likes this.
  10. alcreator440

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see you're a little squeamish about following certain tropes and that's understandable, but as a content creator it's best to not always disregard them just because they're tropes. Tropes have become tropes for a reason. I've seen people from all communities find enjoyment in them. Use this to your advantage. The only real problem is when the characters are nothing but those tropes. It's okay to sometimes go for the comedy/familiarity to hook the general playerbase in, then once they're invested/entertained reveal just how complex, unique, and deep your characters truly are. Nobody cares what the orientation/race of a character is, they just wanna be entertained without being preached to. Hook people in then deliver your message/theme to them.

Heck at the risk of tooting my own horn just look at the protagonist of my project. In the beginning he's basically a 'brother from the hood' that's a thief. Which is one of the most stereotypical things out there, and I play up that comedic angle heavily. However as the story progresses the player finds out he's a much deeper and more sophisticated character than that. Because of this he's many people's favorite character in my game. I'm not saying you have to use what I suggested but just keep an open mind and understand the general playerbase's mindset.

Now I actually have some more ideas to share. Like my previous suggestions just cherry pick what you like and discard the rest:
    [​IMG]
    • Combat Drones - Now I'm not going to give you a full review of the battle system just yet but I do feel it can use some more excitement and nuance. How about your characters get a little assistance every now and then in battle? At the end of each of your character's actions(if you need help with the action sequencing just pm me) there is a chance that a combat drone can swoop in and give the character an assist via hp recovery, shooting the target for extra damage, restore some of the user's AP, or whatever. Each drone can fulfill a different task and the odds of them appearing and how many times they appear can be modified through upgrades(as well as how much damage they deal/AP recover/etc.). This adds more fun variables to the battles and gives the player a spike of dopamine when they appear(their contribution would be small overall but welcomed). If you do decide to do this it's best to introduce it early on to help hook the player in(not too early where you overwhelm them of course).
    • Orbital Strike Attack - How cool would it be that randomly during the battle Eucreta calls in an "Orbital Strike" of some kind? It only has a chance of procing when the party has full gauge and the damage is based on the party's average lvl or something. It wouldn't consume the gauge so the player would constantly think whether to save their points for a chance to proc the attack or to use them.
    • Confidante System - Maybe as a bonus to the Coaching System the player can choose a "Confidante". Basically a favorite character the player can choose once they're maxed out on coaching. Confidantes get a 10% stat boost across the board and one time during battle they will survive an otherwise fatal hit. The player can only choose one Confidante at a time and it can either be permanent or they can change it after every few missions or something.
    • Spontaneous Bosses - I think after every mission there should be a chance that an alert will sound and a spontaneous boss appears on the world map. There is no series of battles that build up to them you just fight them right away. The difficulty of these bosses is based on what zone the player just finished and because they're optional they give killer rewards but are harder then usual(they disappear after you do a different mission). Maybe towards the end of the game you can have a boss rush mode where it's just stronger versions of these guys.
    • Dispatch System - Something interesting for your less used characters to do is be dispatched to a zone you have already completed. The characters can come back with some nice items and exp so they don't fall too behind. This allows the player to essentially have an "A" team and a "B" team and keeps their less used characters relevant in case they decide to swap party members later on. As for how long they're dispatched, just have it last until the player completes a mission with their main party.
    If any of these suggestions have already been announced or are already in the game then forgive me for not knowing. These ideas just came to me last night so I figured I'd share them before I forget.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Biestmann likes this.
  11. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's not that tropes are inherently bad, but a good amount are rooted in outdated and/or negative stereotypes. And when tropes are based on ignorance, they aren't worth using at all, familiar to the player or not. In the end, how is Eucreta's character enriched by being a man-hater, and what but her sexuality had you think to suggest that trope?

Taking a look at your game, your protagonist is but one of many black characters, which is fantastic. Subsequently, that also means that even if his habits were to be negatively portrayed, one would be hard-pressed to believe that portrayal stems from racist stereotyping if the rest of your black cast is portrayed positively instead. He'd just be a guy with a reason or other for stealing. On the other hand, the writing of his character would be perceived very differently if he were the only black character in the game that also happens to be a thief.

Likewise, Eucreta is one of two gay women in my game, and trans at that. Writing part of her character as a negative stereotype thus has to be weighted differently. It would be difficult to see her hating men as a flaw of personality rather than her sexuality.

In the end though, there simply is no good reason to use her sexuality for the basis of a joke regardless of circumstances.
    The game has an equipment type called Spirits that function similarly already, though to a much more limited degree. Currently, they offer the use of a powerful skill once per battle, but I am more than open to expanding their combat possibilities. I think your suggestions will help greatly with that down the line.
    That's a really cool idea! While I think that forcing the player not to use gauge abilities for the chance of an attack proc would be rather frustrating, I will look into the implementation of such an attack in a similar manner! Perhaps there could be a small chance for it to proc the moment the gauge is maxed. That way, the player would spend the meter and build it up again for another chance for it to.
    That is conceptually interesting. There might be other ways to implement this, say the first party member as in the squad leader automatically gets this bonus. Something for me to think about!
    That is indeed in the game already! Currently, there is a small chance for Eucreta to inform you of an 'Urgent Mission' every time you finish an Investigation-type quest. These quests consist of a short series of powerful boss battles. I am making some changes to this system with the next update, renaming it to 'Urgent Encounter' for one and limiting it to one boss fight each rather than the gauntlet it is now.
    This has been suggested to me before, though I struggle to think of an interesting way to implement this kind of system. Additionally, a cast of 9 characters seems a bit small for something like it as well. It is definitely in the cards though, I might just have to put my mind to it.

Thanks again for the numerous suggestions! Given the time and effort you spent on creating these posts, I went ahead and included you in the credits section of the game. Something I also offer to all of the more involved playtesters is to create their own rare weapon for the game. If you are interested in that, let me know and I will shoot you the details via PM. Thanks a bunch!

alcreator440 likes this.
  12. alcreator440

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was just trying to give the characters relatable flaws since there are many women out there who do have those problems(and the same goes for the lover guy character I mentioned too). I'm not the one jumping to conclusions here. I was simply suggesting some arcs for your characters to go through to make them more memorable. I never said to make her defining character trait a gay man hater. With all the suggestions I gave for her relating to combat she can be the cheerful bubbly glue that keeps the team together but can have a flaw with men(which is half the team) that holds her back. Then through the process of the lover guy pushing her buttons she overcomes her flaws and becomes a better team supporter in the end. I'm not saying you should do this specifically, I'm just trying to get you in the mindset of making your characters feel real and relatable by giving them flaws and overcoming them. I only mentioned the lover guy not getting a clue because it can easily lead to some comedic moments, but if you don't feel comfortable with that specific approach then don't worry about it.

And so what if he's one of many black characters in the game? My point still stands. Just look at someone like Barret from FF7. He's pretty much the only black character in the game and he fits a lot of silly stereotypes but people love his character for how deep he is and how much development he gets. Heck his stereotype is what drew people into him in the first place and I am very glad SE seems to be preserving his character for the remake in such a PC age.

I didn't know that there were only two gay women in your game(and I didn't know she was trans either). Heck even if she were a straight woman I still would have suggested the same thing. I mean since Alexandra is her mate she could be the voice of reason and not have that problem with men(which dispels the trope that all gay women hate men there). Heck she could even be the one that's the mediator between Eucreta and the lover guy and helps Eucreta get through her struggles(which could build their bond). Again more character building, which was the whole point of my suggestion.

I'm glad you like my suggestions and thanks for putting me in your credits! I know just the weapon too(it's the main character's ultimate weapon in my own game)! Just pm me the details of what it can be/do and I'll try to work something out.

Biestmann likes this.
  13. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's that time again! Here is the game's next character illustration!
    Be it as a model during the day or an assassin at night, Reiketsu is sure to turn heads.
    [​IMG]

What do you say? Would you fall victim to her charm? So long!

14. MechScapeZH

MechScapeZH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great to see more artwork! I'd imagine that being a model would be a perfect cover for an assassin.

Biestmann likes this.
  15. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Today’s patch notes will combine changes made on September 7th via a hotfix as well as new content and changes introduced today.

A primary focus of this patch was the reworking of several systems and quest types. It is important to revisit past additions to the game to ensure that they match what the game since has become.

The Spirit Hunt sees the player match against powerful spirits with regenerative abilities. In order to challenge these mighty foes, an offering of Spirit Fragments is required. This access barrier caused frustration over their elemental fragments dropping at low rates and at low amounts. To remedy this, elemental fragments now always drop from spirits and at higher quantities.

To further increase the value of elemental fragments and thus the desire to play the Spirit Hunt, spirits of the equipment-type no longer require spheres for upgrades, but elemental fragments as well. Additionally, the exchange cost of earrings has been reduced, allowing players to gain access to this type of defensive equipment sooner.

Next, the tower is a lategame quest mode that pits the player against sixty waves of monsters in succession, testing their team building capabilities and resource management. The mode was introduced early in the development cycle of the game, and hence has become outdated in terms of playability. To remedy this, a rework became necessary. The floor structure of the tower has been altered, and the valuable Ophello Pieces that previously were awarded upon beating all floors have been added to every floor as a potential reward. This will make the tower more worthwhile even if it proves too difficult to tackle in full. Additionally, to further increase the challenges presented to the player, every floor now will apply one of eight new exclusive status effects to the entire party. We hope this will make the tower more exciting to play!

The final quest-type adjusted are the Urgent Missions, donning the new name of Urgent Encounter. These randomly spawning quests previously consisted of multiple strong encounters in succession, but due to the exceeding difficulty, have been reduced to one encounter instead. This should make it much easier to obtain the valuable rewards these quests have to offer.

Changes as well as bug fixes can be found in the patch notes below:

[​IMG]
    • Slightly adjusted appearance of the garden and shopping mall areas
    [​IMG]
    • Changed the droprate for elemental fragments
      • Before: 25%/50%/75%/100% for 1x Fragment
      • After: Guaranteed 1x/2x/3x/4x Fragments
    [​IMG]
    • Elaborated on the tower explanation
    • The tower’s explanatory stage will not count towards the floor total
    • The floor progression and save point access of the tower have been reworked
      • Before: Floor 26 & 51
      • After: Floor 21 & 41
    • Ophello Pieces can drop from every floor, and will always drop from the three major boss-type encounters throughout the tower
    • One random, irremovable status effect will be applied to the party at the beginning of every floor and the duration of one
      • 10% HP Recovery Per Turn
      • ATK Up & DEF Down
      • DEF Up & ATK Down
      • Invincible & Poisoned
      • ATK Up & DEF Up & Death in Five Turns
      • Heal Effectiveness -50%
      • Use of Items Prohibited
      • Gauge Abilities Disabled
    • Boss floors are exempt from these status effects
    [​IMG]
    • Changed the name of the quest-type Urgent Missions -> Urgent Encounter
    • Moving forward, Urgent Encounters will consist of only one boss-type enemy encounter on all difficulty levels
    [​IMG]
    • Visually adjusted the coaching scene
    • You will be teleported back to your original location upon exiting the coaching scene
    [​IMG]
    • Changed the name of the feature Legend Summons -> Entropia’s Summons
    [​IMG]
    • Removed Spheres from the game
    • Recycling Spirits will yield element fragments matching their own element
      • T1 fragment 5x: 100%
      • T2 fragment 5x: 75%
      • T3 fragment 5x: 50%
    • Increased the possible amount of upgrades for spirits from 9 -> 10 upgrades
    • Spirits can be upgraded using element fragments
      • Fire Element: 3/4/5 ATK & MTK
      • Ice Element: 3/4/5 DEF & MDF
      • Lightning Element: 1/2/3 AGI
      • Earth Element: 30/40/50 HP
      • Light Element: 1/2/3 ATK & MTK & DEF & MDF & 10/15/20 HP
      • Dark Element: Up to 3/4/5 ATK & MTK & DEF & MDF & 30/40/50 HP
    • Changed the exchange cost of earrings in the armor store
      • Before: 5x Fragments (+ T1/T2 earring)
      • After: 3x Fragments (+ T1/T2 earring)
    • The ability books for Ice Stance, Lightning Stance and Rapid Mode have been removed from the droptable and ability store
      • The ability book for SE Redirect has been removed from the ability store following its removal from the droptable
    • Added one playtester-designed weapon to the Infection Fragment exchange shop:
      • CAT CLAW:
        Aphita’s precious weapon passed down from her late grandmother. (11 stars, gauntlet)
        • 10x Infection Fragments
    [​IMG]

Elementalist
    • Changed Ende’s pre-learned abilities at the start of the game
      • Before: Flame Stance
      • After: Flame Stance & Ice Stance & Lightning Stance
    Ranger
    • Changed Natsume’s pre-learned abilities at the start of the game
      • Before: Aim Mode
      • After: Aim Mode & Rapid Mode
    [​IMG]
    • Updated face bust of Reiketsu in and outside of battle
    • Adjusted face bust of Forest
    • Adjusted face bust of Sakia
    [​IMG]
    • Made slight alterations to some segments of the manual
    • Updated Credits
    [​IMG]
    • Corrected and unified abbreviations related to magic attack and magic defense in the guide and item descriptions as well as names
    • Fixed instances of Entropia’s Summons not summoning equipment
    • Fixed incorrect dialogue of the Store Manager
    • Fixed unintended passability in the medical bay
    [​IMG]
    • Removal of the Frozen state through combat has afflicted unable to move for an additional turn regardless
    • Items shown to drop from enemies might not actually have dropped in unknown circumstances
    [​IMG]
    • World Map Visual Overhaul
    • Nightmare Difficulty
    Thank you for your support! Download the new version here!

Mimironi and alcreator440 like this.
  16. alcreator440

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is easily the best designed character in your game in my opinion. Whoever the artist is they did an excellent job with this one.

Biestmann likes this.
  17. Mimironi

Mimironi But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I... may or may not have a crush on Reiketsu (and Forest too lol).
    Also, great updates! I need to try this game again soon (I havent actually finished the main story, not even once yet :rswt)

Biestmann likes this.
  18. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I love all of my babies equally, and Reiketsu is of course no different. I generally demand very conservative designs and posing for my characters, but wanted Reiketsu's beauty to be a defining trait of hers as she is in part inspired by the very beautiful Senegalese models. That is why I requested she be made particularly cute.

[​IMG]

Thank you, Mimironi! I have been pushing a lot of updates over the course of the past two months, reason being that I am starting my second degree come October. That means the update schedule will slow down considerably moving forward. So as this is the version that will last for a while, it would be a good point to jump in.

Low and Mimironi like this.
  19. Mimironi

Mimironi But what do I know? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    GAH, BLUSHING FOREST'S TOO CUTE!!:kaocry:

Ahh I see, and I understand! I've pretty much had to completely halt my own stuff in favor of getting a degree...
    I hope it all goes well for you!

Biestmann likes this.
  20. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! Exciting times ahead of me for sure. This will likely become a Sunday project for me going forward. But that's fine; gives me more time to recover my creative juices.

Mimironi likes this.