BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really like the art. What plugins do you use? I'm working on a new game and i'd like some ideas ^-^

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really like the art. What plugins do you use? I'm working on a new game and i'd like some ideas ^-^
Hey, Jaase. Welcome to the community! You can find a list of plugin creators whose plugins I use in the credit section of the opening post. Yanfly is of course the most essential of the bunch, but Moghunter made many of the defining plugins I use as well. I recommend you browse through their plugin lists and see if something catches the eye.

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, Jaase. Welcome to the community! You can find a list of plugin creators whose plugins I use in the credit section of the opening post. Yanfly is of course the most essential of the bunch, but Moghunter made many of the defining plugins I use as well. I recommend you browse through their plugin lists and see if something catches the eye.
Thanks! Anway's. I would like some ideas for my game. Do you have any? :>

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Anway's. I would like some ideas for my game. Do you have any? :>
Not really. You'll have to experiment and see what you can come up with. This game for example went through a lot of reimaginings before taking on its current form. Started out as a classic JRPG, turned into something episodic, was entirely rebuilt from the ground up and now has no overworld bar the hub whatsoever. It was through the development process that I figured out my strengths and how to capitalize on them. I also realized that I am absolutely horrible at creating maps, which pushed me to focusing on battles instead. Long story short, you are the only one that can come up with an idea that represents 'you'.

You can start brainstorming by thinking about what it is you personally cherish in an RPG. What are the things most memorable to you? Personally, I love somber stories with characters that have lives outside of the player's grasp. It makes them feel more real. I love hearing about institutions secretly moving things behind the scenes without you ever finding out why. In real life, we hardly know the truth about anything, and so I like to keep things equally vague in my own game. But you might want the opposite out of yours. Only you can know that.

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really. You'll have to experiment and see what you can come up with. This game for example went through a lot of reimaginings before taking on its current form. Started out as a classic JRPG, turned into something episodic, was entirely rebuilt from the ground up and now has no overworld bar the hub whatsoever. It was through the development process that I figured out my strengths and how to capitalize on them. I also realized that I am absolutely horrible at creating maps, which pushed me to focusing on battles instead. Long story short, you are the only one that can come up with an idea that represents 'you'.

You can start brainstorming by thinking about what it is you personally cherish in an RPG. What are the things most memorable to you? Personally, I love somber stories with characters that have lives outside of the player's grasp. It makes them feel more real. I love hearing about institutions secretly moving things behind the scenes without you ever finding out why. In real life, we hardly know the truth about anything, and so I like to keep things equally vague in my own game. But you might want the opposite out of yours. Only you can know that.
Thanks for the wonderful speech!

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Biestmann.
I have something to ask. After the first monster fight. "I mean in the quest system" once you beat the queen bee. What do you do next?
"I'm having trouble. please help!"

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Biestmann.
I have something to ask. After the first monster fight. "I mean in the quest system" once you beat the queen bee. What do you do next?
"I'm having trouble. please help!"
Clearing a quest will unlock the next quest within the same area. Of course you should do a couple of things before heading into the midst of battle again: use the ability books you found, equip new gear and maybe restock at the shops.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Clearing a quest will unlock the next quest within the same area. Of course you should do a couple of things before heading into the midst of battle again: use the ability books you found, equip new gear and maybe restock at the shops.
Actually it might be worth giving the players a brief notice/message after the first mission to let them know that a new mission is available. Maybe you could have an npc suggest what you just said to @Jaase as well. I got a little lost after the first mission just like he did.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today, I pushed a hotfix to address an issue that had the sympathy % of a character not show its updated values after making a gift. Additionally, Monolith's face has been flipped to be consistent with those of the others. That's about it!
Actually it might be worth giving the players a brief notice/message after the first mission to let them know that a new mission is available. Maybe you could have an npc suggest what you just said to @Jaase as well. I got a little lost after the first mission just like he did.
I agree. It's on my to-do-list for the eventual worldmap redo.

BlitzMalachite

The Masterminded
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today, I pushed a hotfix to address an issue that had the sympathy % of a character not show its updated values after making a gift. Additionally, Monolith's face has been flipped to be consistent with those of the others. That's about it!

I agree. It's on my to-do-list for the eventual worldmap redo.
Anyways. That is some great art for your game.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My studies are keeping me busy, but the next character illustration has been decided: it's our confident hero Marlon! I'll be sharing more information with you soon!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, everyone! Life is busy, so progress is slow. But there's more art on the way, and I am working on the game where I can. My most recent efforts have me trying to pimp the battle UI of the game. As you can see below, window transparency is easy to achieve and makes a world of a difference. I am thinking hard about what else can be done, so we will see how things turn out. That's all for today though! So long!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, everyone! Life is busy, so progress is slow. But there's more art on the way, and I am working on the game where I can. My most recent efforts have me trying to pimp the battle UI of the game. As you can see below, window transparency is easy to achieve and makes a world of a difference. I am thinking hard about what else can be done, so we will see how things turn out. That's all for today though! So long!

This looks cool, but one thing comes to my mind- what if you have a white background? I know you've got a "snow" area, so it might make the text a bit hard to see. Maybe change the font color to something that isn't in any of your backgrounds?

Otherwise, this is much improved. :)

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game looks good. The whole presentation and everything just look so fine.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks cool, but one thing comes to my mind- what if you have a white background? I know you've got a "snow" area, so it might make the text a bit hard to see. Maybe change the font color to something that isn't in any of your backgrounds?

Otherwise, this is much improved. :)
That's a good point! I will test the current font with the background in question and decide on a further course of action thereafter. In the meantime, I am glad you like the revision.

The game looks good. The whole presentation and everything just look so fine.
Thank you very much! Still striving to improve things where possible!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oooh, yeah the battle UI's looking cool! I especially like the simple+effective style of the borders.
also i really like marlon's hair :kaoluv:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mimironi Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy both the UI and Marlon!

In more art-related news, the next character to be illustrated has been decided: Natsume, our cocky movie aficionado hunter! She is one of my favorites, so I am excited to share more news with you regarding this soon. Put in other words, while @Heirukichi may be busy developing his own game, I am happy to bring more life to his waifu very soon!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Project creep is a real thing, and oh boy, has it been the life story of this game. Two more game modes than originally intended, a relationship system and more... So, I decided it has to stop here. The planned update of the world map is no more; instead, I will focus on finishing the remaining core content of the game in order to wrap up development as soon as possible.

What does that mean? It means that my immediate focus will be on the implementation of the Nightmare difficulty setting. This is the final difficulty the game has to offer, and that will be unlocked by clearing the first difficulty setting: normal. This means that both the Hard and Nightmare difficulty setting will be unlocked at the same time. Originally, the plan was to have the Nightmare mode unlock upon clearing the game on Hard mode, but now players will be able to really challenge themselves early on instead. Hard mode will not become obsolete however, as the challenges presented in Nightmare mode will require the right tools to conquer, which Hard mode has plenty to offer from.

Nightmare mode will change the appearance of all areas and will remix enemy behavior in new and cruel ways. It presents an alternate history in which the world already is close to death, marred by infection. And even though no new story elements are planned for this difficulty setting, the opportunity to challenge Death itself will await at the very end. Only players that have mastered their party’s abilities will be able to emerge victorious from this battle. Finally, being the final difficulty setting, Nightmare mode will of course await with the best gear available!

More news will be shared regarding Nightmare mode as it is developed and implemented. Please look forward to it, and so long!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'Leave it to me! I'm pretty good!' - reasonably cocky ace hunter, Natsume

I don't know how he does it, but our artist keeps getting better and better! I don't know about you, but, personally, I can't wait to see 'Natsu' in her full glory! Not much longer until then! So long!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"
Stream is a bit late but will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
omg, why persona 5 is so good?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha