kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi.
The new upload is that the : xmas edition? It doesn`t have any dates.
I know it`s hard to say and take your time, but when do you think the game is finished?

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.
The new upload is that the : xmas edition? It doesn`t have any dates.
I know it`s hard to say and take your time, but when do you think the game is finished?
Hey there! Thank you so much for your interest in the game. I always only keep the newest version of the game available for download, meaning the Xmas 2019 Edition available on itch.io right now is the newest version and includes all fixes mentioned on the last page.

Current plans are to finish this game's development in Q2 of 2020. In terms of content, only the third and final difficulty level is still missing, as are additional weapons and armor pieces that I will add to the droptable later. Overall, that means that the game is close to feature complete in its current state.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A little update as for what I've been working on for the next update. I am continuing to focus on improving the overall polish and aesthetic of the game.

As you can see, the character art will be fully displayed during conversations. The art will vary depending on the character's emotions as well, making things a lot more lively.

Since this custom art is of incredibly high quality, I decided to remove all dialogue faces of NPCs without it; they now stick out like a sore thumb, dragging down the whole product. Exceptions to this are Alexandra and Eucreta, who will receive their own custom art in upcoming updates as the two NPCs of greatest importance.

So long!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sweet! Adding bust-ups & removing RTP faces was something I was gonna suggest in my feedback list (which is... still being written)! Glad it's already being done (also glad to know that Alexandra & Eucreta are getting custom art)!

Porkchoppzz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening!

So you may remember me from your stream two days ago but I finally gave your game a shot. Well actually I gave it the full trip as I completed both Normal mode, Hard mode and the Tower (killed Annebelle and whatever that second girl name was). So I thought ranting a bit might give you some ideas of changes since you got someone that completed it all. Sorry in advance if it's unorganized as this is my first time using the forums.

My Current Team:
Faeris - Monolith - Natsume - Anna

Faeris:
  • Nothing to say about her too be honest. Because you made the healing base on the target maximum HP, it scaled pretty decently. I did found two bugs relating to her though which will be explained in the Bug Category.
  • My Play-style:
    • Nothing special. HP Battery to the rescue. Rarely use her attacks at all.
  • Proposal changes:
    • Nothing. Only time you'll see this. Prepare for the worse.
Monolith:
  • Oddly my favorite character because of the name lol. Literally carried me through the early game. But when I reached hard mode, Her role as DPS swap to debuffer it seems. Her damage didn't scale too well into the late. She currently does 400~450 damage which I guess its ok, but I rather use my turn to debuff than to use her dps at that point of the game.
  • My Play-style:
    • Set-up that Discourage and Fear and then you can just go read your book Monolith xd. Item usage attack and defense buff when not needed for anything else.
  • Proposal Changes:
    • Soul Drain - description confuses me with forums and the game itself. The forum if I remember stated this doesn't work on bosses. Maybe a better tool tip for this would be nice.
    • Resurrection - If you're using this your already on the losing side. I actually never used this as I just forfeit if I'm losing cause its hard to recover after a death. Honestly, I understand what you were going for with this, but I'm going to have to pay 4 AP every 2 turns which is pretty taxing. Not sure how you would change this, but as it stands I rather forfeit and try again over using this skill.
Natsume:
  • Holy moly, after reading the other 16 pages of this forum about her. It must be a pain to balance her. I will say I'm not sure about the bug everyone is talking about as the freeze timer is working properly. Speaking of freeze, freeze round is absolutely powerful. It's only broken if you know how to properly use it.
  • My Play-style:
    • Utility/Stall Role: Aim Mode -> Ice Round. Have everyone focus for 2 turns. Loop forever until everyone is back full.
    • DPS Role: Rapid Mode -> Crippling (Depresssion) Shot. Pray for those crits.
  • Proposal Changes:
    • In terms of her DPS - early game she's actually so irritating to use it drives me nuts. But I'm invested in her play style so I was willing to deal with it. Maybe a solid 2-3 Attack more at level 1 will make her usable for the new players. This of course will not affect her at all to the late game.
    • Bulletrain - Wait as I typed this for the last 20 hours I thought this was called Bullet Train lol. Anyways used it once, never again. The set-up is too costly. Granted this does do 1,200-1,600 Damage Late Game to each mob but let's give you an overview.
      • Attack (2 AP) -> Turn Passes -> Bulletrain (6 AP). 8 AP Total and 2 Turn.
      • Rapid Mode -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Focus (-2 to -4 AP). 7-5 AP in Total Spent only using 1 turn.
    • Sure, this AoE, but the meta of this game felt like I prefer to kill one monster over keeping all the damage distributed. There's three ways you could fix this:
      • 1. Decrease Bulletrain AP from 6 -> 4. Decrease Bulletrain Damage as the trade off.
      • 2. Bulletrain change to Charge Level 1 so that Natsume no longer worries about charge in her kit, but of course decrease the damage significantly.
      • 3. Shock round now gives Natsume a charge. Honestly shock round gets extremely outperformed by Ice Round, so this being a debuff and a setup is nice.
    • Ice Round - Mannnnn it hurts me to put this on the list, but I have to. I literally never got damaged as long I'm playing with above room temperature IQ. After reading all your patch notes and seeing how many players have place their recommendation on this skill, I guess I'm nothing special to it. Pretty simple change though:
      • AP Cost: 5 AP -> 6 AP (The only way I can loop this now is with max roll focus.)
    • Eagle Eye -The attack boost is okay. Do I care enough to remember using this before I DPS with her? No. Early game it feels like nothing. Late game its there a bit. Can I afford some more party limit to make my DPSer feel relevant? Yes.
      • Party Cost: 3 -> 5
      • Attack Bonus 15% -> 25% and/or Crit Bonus +10%. (You choose the numbers.)
    • Shock Round - Shock round? That's a weird of saying budget Frost Round. My recommendation change for this is already stated. Even if an enemy is immune to freeze, I rather convert Natsumi to DPS Role on that battle and let Monolith debuff.
Anna:
  • At first, I thought she was bad, but then out of nowhere she got better. It must be because of her attack scaling for her skills given throughout the year xD. Anna despite meant to be a tank, was my core DPSer. She had the highest Attack in my team for the longest time.
  • My Play-style:
    • Razing Edge -> Razing Edge -> Razing Edge -> Razing Edge... Did I mention Razing Edge? -> Focus
  • Proposal Changes:
    • Bloody Drive - I'm too addicted to using Razing Edge I don't dare to set this up. Razing Edge spam is so much safer than the effort of setting up Bloody Drive. No idea what Blood Rush does because of that. These changes will synergize with what I propose below:
      • AP Cost: 4 -> 5
      • Increase Damage Significantly.
      • P.S. Jk I do know the effect, but the 31% Attack Bonus is roughly equivalent to one extra Razing Edge so is it truly worth it?
    • Razing Edge - Oh boy, after I stacked max AP, another extra Razing Edge really hit the mark of doing 12,000 Crit Damage in total overall in one turn on the Hard Mode final boss it was hilarious. Course it was due to setting up with Monolith debuff and item buff up. Making these change will convert it from being a 4 attack spam to a 3 attack spam for me. For early game it goes from 3 attack spam to 2 attack spam. Not only that, it convinces me to use Bloody Drive as a finisher if Razing Edge isn't what I need.
      • AP Cost: 3 -> 4
      • Now gives you a charge.
    • Cellular Scream - Another skill that urks me. Why am I using this BEFORE I can use Blood Echo. The risk is too high. I rather focus for more Razing Edge. I only use this if I know I'm finishing up a kill of a wave. My only problem with this proposal it does rip its name lore out of logic for the sake of balance. Side Note: Yes I know you've change this and Blood Echo recently, but right now as it stands they just counter act each other.
      • Become a Party Gauge Skill. (HP Cost still exist in addition with this.)
      • Instant.
      • Increase Damage Slightly more than Significant.
    • Blood Echo - Solid sustain. In terms of damage, it fell off incredibly hard. Instead of making it a strict drain. Don't mean to intrude but I've read what plugins you are using. You can use yanfly plugin to make this scale better late. This should synergize better with cellular scream.
      • New: Damage Scaling base on ATK and user MaxHP.
      • No longer a party gauge skill
      • AP Cost: 3 or 4.
      • No longer instant.
      • <HP Life Steal: 25%> or something like that on the notetag.
    • Reaper Drive - I've seen people debate pages ago on this forum how Anna should be run. I have no idea if you would forward this change through, but it would fit her offensive play style it feels over a strict tank what people are mentioning. Once again I see you running Yanfly Life Steal plug in so this shouldn't be a problem.
      • In the State for Reaper Drive notetag:
      • <HP Life Steal Physical: +10%>
        <HP Life Steal Magical: +10%>
        <HP Life Steal Certain: +10%>
Quality of Life Suggestion (More like a must to be honest doesn't hurt.)-
  • Darkest Hour - I sometimes forget how much Discourage and Fear turns last for, restating how much turns it last here would be nice.
  • Fury Storm - I forget how long shock last here also. Turns stated would be nice.
  • Where are my Spirit Essence? - Honestly I don't know where or how I got these. I'm assuming the drop rate is so low that I somehow completed the game with only obtaining 7 of these essence. Increase the drop rate for this would be nice. Especially the fact that 25% of my stats come from upgrading those little spirits that's a big oof.
  • Rapid Shot and Fury Shot - Actual numbers on the tool tip would be nice here. It urks me that I will never know if I achieve near 50% Crit Rate xD.
  • Augment Drop Rate? - The common ones are no biggie. Easy finds. But then... I realize after running tower like 5 times gold and silver augments exist. How freaking low are these drop rates? Now I wanna try to make a gold augmented crit rate if I could, but the drop rate is so low it makes me question if they exist. Probably make a shop of these by recycling those augments? That would be cool.
Misc Buffs -
  • Weapon/Armor Amplifier- These do not scale well to the late game. 3 Attack in 5 upgrades is 15 attacks yea ok. Now if I smack +5 Fires on my spirit that's a whopping 50. Scaling should be:
    • +1/3/5 ATK/MAT
    • +1/3/5 DEF/MDF
  • Orphelius Weapon - Ok I'm sure this is a lucky powerspike if you get it like floor 1 sure, but for a special weapon it just gets out scaled after normal mode. Maybe a Orphelius Weapon EX as the next tier from killing Annabelle and again whoever the second boss name was I forgot as the prize. Convince me to keep running tower and over again until I get the Boss Quality weapon drop I want.

Bugs:
I'm not good at finding these, but here they are nonetheless. There is however one Major bug that literally allows players to beat the game with ease-
  • Faeris Ophelius Weapon is 40 Attack, but it's missing the 40 Magic Attack for when I use other skills that are not strike.
  • Skill books that are not level base are not in stock after clearing Normal Mode. (Example If I forgot to buy Ice Round, well I'm screwed cause its gone now.)
    • Once this is fix I'll try out the other characters.
  • Tower 5 Turn instakill still lingers to the next floor, but removes on the next floor after. Unsure if it's just you missing the comment event to remove instakill state in one of the conditions.
  • Frozen can be remove if Anna heals (not cure but the actual heal don't ask why I did this over cure lol), or a potion is used. Simple fix here I made not that hard as I see your using Yanfly BuffState plugin:
  • Code:
    <Custom React Effect>
    if (value > 0 && (this.isAttack()))
    {
    target.removeState(stateID); //where stateID is the ID of freeze.
    }
    </Custom React Effect>
  • Tower Boss Floor 35/40??? The one with the Wolf as the boss and the next one being the Plant as the Boss do not have HP bars. No worries can still kill them though.
AP Surge Abuse Bug:
Purposely Highlighted this as its a major bug. Here's how it happens:
  • Must have either Natsume, Anna and/or Faeris in the party.
  • Natsume -
    • If she gets AP Surge, god bless just put a rock on space bar and Cripple Shot until the dungeon is done.
      • Fun Fact: Its takes 3,171 AP (1057 Cripple Shots) to beat the Tower as a level 10 Natsume xd.
  • Anna -
    • Same thing as Natsume but with Razing Edge. No fun fact here. Natsume was faster to do this.
  • Faeris-
    • Not as major as the other two but you can spam heal to oblivion till the gauge is up enough and ready to go for the turn. Also free full heals for everyone!
  • Rework Change Proposal -
    • No longer 9,999 AP.
    • Regens 100% of the AP Bar per turn.
    • 3 Turns -> 4 Turns.
    • Occurrence: 5% -> 7.5% (I actually have to purposely get it to realize this was a thing cause I was stalling.)

Quick Developer Questions:
1. Where the heck do I spend my Goddess Fragments? I have like 500 of them now.
2. I know it was never stated in the forums felt like its purposely a secret but its urking me. Where do I spend Infection Fragment?
3. Whens next RPG Maker MV stream xd?

Other Comment:
I do apologize how messy this is again and hopefully I see a comment about these proposal or something in the future. I do look forward what further Battle-Focus games if you do so in the future as I thoroughly enjoyed this! If you do need help in Lunatic Coding I know a good amount, but other than that have a great New Years!

Last edited:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening!

So you may remember me from your stream two days ago but I finally gave your game a shot. Well actually I gave it the full trip as I completed both Normal mode, Hard mode and the Tower (killed Annebelle and whatever that second girl name was). So I thought ranting a bit might give you some ideas of changes since you got someone that completed it all. Sorry in advance if it's unorganized as this is my first time using the forums.
Wow! You signed up just to give me this feedback? That is incredibly heartwarming, thank you very much! I am very happy that you enjoyed the game enough to clear all of the content available thus far, which I am sure took a lot of time!

My Current Team:
Faeris - Monolith - Natsume - Anna

Faeris:
  • Nothing to say about her too be honest. Because you made the healing base on the target maximum HP, it scaled pretty decently. I did found two bugs relating to her though which will be explained in the Bug Category.
  • My Play-style:
    • Nothing special. HP Battery to the rescue. Rarely use her attacks at all.
  • Proposal changes:
    • Nothing. Only time you'll see this. Prepare for the worse.
Faeris is a very straight-forward character, but quite frankly, I think that is a good fit for the healer of the game. I'll address the bugs in the section you wrote for them!

Monolith:
  • Oddly my favorite character because of the name lol. Literally carried me through the early game. But when I reached hard mode, Her role as DPS swap to debuffer it seems. Her damage didn't scale too well into the late. She currently does 400~450 damage which I guess its ok, but I rather use my turn to debuff than to use her dps at that point of the game.
  • My Play-style:
    • Set-up that Discourage and Fear and then you can just go read your book Monolith xd. Item usage attack and defense buff when not needed for anything else.
  • Proposal Changes:
    • Soul Drain - description confuses me with forums and the game itself. The forum if I remember stated this doesn't work on bosses. Maybe a better tool tip for this would be nice.
    • Resurrection - If you're using this your already on the losing side. I actually never used this as I just forfeit if I'm losing cause its hard to recover after a death. Honestly, I understand what you were going for with this, but I'm going to have to pay 4 AP every 2 turns which is pretty taxing. Not sure how you would change this, but as it stands I rather forfeit and try again over using this skill.
Please bear in mind that the game has changed considerably since the creation of this thread, meaning that certain suggestions, discussions or descriptions for abilities on previous pages might be very outdated. In the case of Soul Drain, the ability only works on boss-level enemies as of the latest patch. The purpose of this change was to increase Monolith's dps potential against bosses and give him better HP sustain late into the mission. I will be sure to clarify the ability's description for the next update.

I hear you on Resurrection and barely found myself using it in the latest development stream as well. I will brainstorm ideas to make the ability more useful.

P.S. Monolith is very cute, but a boy in the end!

• Holy moly, after reading the other 16 pages of this forum about her. It must be a pain to balance her. I will say I'm not sure about the bug everyone is talking about as the freeze timer is working properly. Speaking of freeze, freeze round is absolutely powerful. It's only broken if you know how to properly use it.
  • My Play-style:
    • Utility/Stall Role: Aim Mode -> Ice Round. Have everyone focus for 2 turns. Loop forever until everyone is back full.
    • DPS Role: Rapid Mode -> Crippling (Depresssion) Shot. Pray for those crits.
  • Proposal Changes:
    • In terms of her DPS - early game she's actually so irritating to use it drives me nuts. But I'm invested in her play style so I was willing to deal with it. Maybe a solid 2-3 Attack more at level 1 will make her usable for the new players. This of course will not affect her at all to the late game.
    • Bulletrain - Wait as I typed this for the last 20 hours I thought this was called Bullet Train lol. Anyways used it once, never again. The set-up is too costly. Granted this does do 1,200-1,600 Damage Late Game to each mob but let's give you an overview.
      • Attack (2 AP) -> Turn Passes -> Bulletrain (6 AP). 8 AP Total and 2 Turn.
      • Rapid Mode -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Crippling Shot (3 AP) -> Focus (-2 to -4 AP). 7-5 AP in Total Spent only using 1 turn.
    • Sure, this AoE, but the meta of this game felt like I prefer to kill one monster over keeping all the damage distributed. There's three ways you could fix this:
      • 1. Decrease Bulletrain AP from 6 -> 4. Decrease Bulletrain Damage as the trade off.
      • 2. Bulletrain change to Charge Level 1 so that Natsume no longer worries about charge in her kit, but of course decrease the damage significantly.
      • 3. Shock round now gives Natsume a charge. Honestly shock round gets extremely outperformed by Ice Round, so this being a debuff and a setup is nice.
    • Ice Round - Mannnnn it hurts me to put this on the list, but I have to. I literally never got damaged as long I'm playing with above room temperature IQ. After reading all your patch notes and seeing how many players have place their recommendation on this skill, I guess I'm nothing special to it. Pretty simple change though:
      • AP Cost: 5 AP -> 6 AP (The only way I can loop this now is with max roll focus.)
    • Eagle Eye -The attack boost is okay. Do I care enough to remember using this before I DPS with her? No. Early game it feels like nothing. Late game its there a bit. Can I afford some more party limit to make my DPSer feel relevant? Yes.
      • Party Cost: 3 -> 5
      • Attack Bonus 15% -> 25% and/or Crit Bonus +10%. (You choose the numbers.)
    • Shock Round - Shock round? That's a weird of saying budget Frost Round. My recommendation change for this is already stated. Even if an enemy is immune to freeze, I rather convert Natsumi to DPS Role on that battle and let Monolith debuff.
Natsume definitely causes a lot of trouble, which is quite fitting to her persona, really. The bug that affected Freeze has been fixed as of the last patch, which is why you haven't encountered it again. To further touch on the status effect, however, I believe that adjusting it directly rather than Natsume's Ice Round instead will have more positive effects on the game's balance. Therefore, I will nerf the status effect by allowing a 50% chance to break free from the ailment and perform the action selected. This also will indirectly buff Shock Round.

As for her other abilities, I will need to ponder on how to proceed. Yeah, she's a troublemaker!

• At first, I thought she was bad, but then out of nowhere she got better. It must be because of her attack scaling for her skills given throughout the year xD. Anna despite meant to be a tank, was my core DPSer. She had the highest Attack in my team for the longest time.
  • My Play-style:
    • Razing Edge -> Razing Edge -> Razing Edge -> Razing Edge... Did I mention Razing Edge? -> Focus
  • Proposal Changes:
    • Bloody Drive - I'm too addicted to using Razing Edge I don't dare to set this up. Razing Edge spam is so much safer than the effort of setting up Bloody Drive. No idea what Blood Rush does because of that. These changes will synergize with what I propose below:
      • AP Cost: 4 -> 5
      • Increase Damage Significantly.
      • P.S. Jk I do know the effect, but the 31% Attack Bonus is roughly equivalent to one extra Razing Edge so is it truly worth it?
    • Razing Edge - Oh boy, after I stacked max AP, another extra Razing Edge really hit the mark of doing 12,000 Crit Damage in total overall in one turn on the Hard Mode final boss it was hilarious. Course it was due to setting up with Monolith debuff and item buff up. Making these change will convert it from being a 4 attack spam to a 3 attack spam for me. For early game it goes from 3 attack spam to 2 attack spam. Not only that, it convinces me to use Bloody Drive as a finisher if Razing Edge isn't what I need.
      • AP Cost: 3 -> 4
      • Now gives you a charge.
    • Cellular Scream - Another skill that urks me. Why am I using this BEFORE I can use Blood Echo. The risk is too high. I rather focus for more Razing Edge. I only use this if I know I'm finishing up a kill of a wave. My only problem with this proposal it does rip its name lore out of logic for the sake of balance. Side Note: Yes I know you've change this and Blood Echo recently, but right now as it stands they just counter act each other.
      • Become a Party Gauge Skill. (HP Cost still exist in addition with this.)
      • Instant.
      • Increase Damage Slightly more than Significant.
    • Blood Echo - Solid sustain. In terms of damage, it fell off incredibly hard. Instead of making it a strict drain. Don't mean to intrude but I've read what plugins you are using. You can use yanfly plugin to make this scale better late. This should synergize better with cellular scream.
      • New: Damage Scaling base on ATK and user MaxHP.
      • No longer a party gauge skill
      • AP Cost: 3 or 4.
      • No longer instant.
      • <HP Life Steal: 25%> or something like that on the notetag.
    • Reaper Drive - I've seen people debate pages ago on this forum how Anna should be run. I have no idea if you would forward this change through, but it would fit her offensive play style it feels over a strict tank what people are mentioning. Once again I see you running Yanfly Life Steal plug in so this shouldn't be a problem.
      • In the State for Reaper Drive notetag:
      • <HP Life Steal Physical: +10%>
        <HP Life Steal Magical: +10%>
        <HP Life Steal Certain: +10%>
Anna needs a bit of fine-tuning for sure. I am committed to her role as a tank, however, and will tune Cellular Scream to scale to her max HP rather than her attack in order to keep its damage relevant into the late game. Blood Echo is very effective at its intended effect already: to recover Anna's HP and allow her to tank with ease, or to recover after the use of Cellular Scream.

Bloody Harvest grants the Bloodrush status effect, which transfers 50% of all damage dealt by Anna into HP. It is a very potent ability, but I understand that Razing Edge is too powerful in its current iteration. Unfortunately, I think a nerf is warranted, and I will think of something to that end for the next update.

Quality of Life Suggestion (More like a must to be honest doesn't hurt.)
  • Darkest Hour - I sometimes forget how much Discourage and Fear turns last for, restating how much turns it last here would be nice.
  • Fury Storm - I forget how long shock last here also. Turns stated would be nice.
  • Where are my Spirit Essence? - Honestly I don't know where or how I got these. I'm assuming the drop rate is so low that I somehow completed the game with only obtaining 7 of these essence. Increase the drop rate for this would be nice. Especially the fact that 25% of my stats come from upgrading those little spirits that's a big oof.
  • Rapid Shot and Fury Shot - Actual numbers on the tool tip would be nice here. It urks me that I will never know if I achieve near 50% Crit Rate xD.
  • Augment Drop Rate? - The common ones are no biggie. Easy finds. But then... I realize after running tower like 5 times gold and silver augments exist. How freaking low are these drop rates? Now I wanna try to make a gold augmented crit rate if I could, but the drop rate is so low it makes me question if they exist. Probably make a shop of these by recycling those augments? That would be cool.
Some descriptions indeed are lacking right now, so I will update the descriptions of abilities and status effects to be more informative!

If you mean the upgrade material for spirits, those can be acquired by either recycling spirits (which is costly), or by playing the Spirit Hunt quest type. As for Dream Essence, those items are acquired by defeating Lumen, which is a rare enemy that can spawn in the Investigation-type quests.

I have been brainstorming ideas on how to incorporate higher tiers of the sockets. One idea is to make sockets recycable with a low chance to obtain the next tier of the socket; however, this system could be abused by reloading save states. It is flattering if someone goes that far playing the game of course, but implementing a shop instead is another option. Ultimately, I will have to make that call.

Misc Buffs
  • Weapon/Armor Amplifier- These do not scale well to the late game. 3 Attack in 5 upgrades is 15 attacks yea ok. Now if I smack +5 Fires on my spirit that's a whopping 50. Scaling should be:
    • +1/3/5 ATK/MAT
    • +1/3/5 DEF/MDF
  • Orphelius Weapon - Ok I'm sure this is a lucky powerspike if you get it like floor 1 sure, but for a special weapon it just gets out scaled after normal mode. Maybe a Orphelius Weapon EX as the next tier from killing Annabelle and again whoever the second boss name was I forgot as the prize. Convince me to keep running tower and over again until I get the Boss Quality weapon drop I want.
I don't personally believe that amplifiers should be strengthened; in fact, they have been nerfed from previous iterations. Upgrading weapons and armor is relatively easy in comparison to the spirits, which will only be upgraded fully late into the game, at which point a considerable jump in power is necessary to stay alive come the Nightmare difficulty.

Ophello equipment is quite easy to obtain, and sees its primary purpose in being dismantled for Dream Amplifiers. However, I will think about how to make the Tower worthwhile on repeat runs.

I'm not good at finding these, but here they are nonetheless. There is however one Major bug that literally allows players to beat the game with ease-
  • Faeris Ophelius Weapon is 40 Attack, but it's missing the 40 Magic Attack for when I use other skills that are not strike.
  • Skill books that are not level base are not in stock after clearing Normal Mode. (Example If I forgot to buy Ice Round, well I'm screwed cause its gone now.)
    • Once this is fix I'll try out the other characters.
  • Tower 5 Turn instakill still lingers to the next floor, but removes on the next floor after. Unsure if it's just you missing the comment event to remove instakill state in one of the conditions.
  • Frozen can be remove if Anna heals (not cure but the actual heal don't ask why I did this over cure lol), or a potion is used. Simple fix here I made not that hard as I see your using Yanfly BuffState plugin:
  • Code:
    <Custom React Effect>
    if (value > 0 && (this.isAttack()))
    {
    target.removeState(stateID); //where stateID is the ID of freeze.
    }
    </Custom React Effect>
  • Tower Boss Floor 35/40??? The one with the Wolf as the boss and the next one being the Plant as the Boss do not have HP bars. No worries can still kill them though.
I will try to fix all of those bugs until the next patch, thank you very much for noting them down for me!

And that is a very reasonable complaint about the Ability Books, meaning I will update the shop to include level-less abilities even after unlocking the Hard difficulty.

AP Surge Abuse Bug:
Purposely Highlighted this as its a major bug. Here's how it happens:
  • Must have either Natsume, Anna and/or Faeris in the party.
  • Natsume -
    • If she gets AP Surge, god bless just put a rock on space bar and Cripple Shot until the dungeon is done.
      • Fun Fact: Its takes 3,171 AP (1057 Cripple Shots) to beat the Tower as a level 10 Natsume xd.
  • Anna -
    • Same thing as Natsume but with Razing Edge. No fun fact here. Natsume was faster to do this.
  • Faeris-
    • Not as major as the other two but you can spam heal to oblivion till the gauge is up enough and ready to go for the turn. Also free full heals for everyone!
  • Rework Change Proposal -
    • No longer 9,999 AP.
    • Regens 100% of the AP Bar per turn.
    • 3 Turns -> 4 Turns.
    • Occurrence: 5% -> 7.5% (I actually have to purposely get it to realize this was a thing cause I was stalling.)
Seems I was a bit too drunk on making a cool mechanic. I will rectify the mistake by making AP Surge recover the user's HP fully every turn intead and by lasting a turn longer in exchange. Thank you very much for that suggestion! It is, however, a very powerful status effect that really bends the limits of the battle system, and therefore I will keep it at a 5% trigger rate. Gotta get lucky!

Quick Developer Questions:
1. Where the heck do I spend my Goddess Fragments? I have like 500 of them now.
2. I know it was never stated in the forums felt like its purposely a secret but its urking me. Where do I spend Infection Fragment?
3. Whens next RPG Maker MV stream xd?
1+2. Following the unlocking of the Hard difficulty, something definitely has changed about the laboratory...
3. Very soon! I am hard at work on the next update, and will require more live testing.

Other Comment:
I do apologize how messy this is again and hopefully I see a comment about these proposal or something in the future. I do look forward what further Battle-Focus games if you do so in the future as I thoroughly enjoyed this! If you do need help in Lunatic Coding I know a good amount, but other than that have a great New Years!
No need to apologize at all! I am so incredibly lucky to have people like you playtest the game and enjoy it. The biggest struggle I face is the creeping suspicion that the game will not resonate with people, so it is a big boost to my confidence to see you play it as much as you did. And your feedback is incredibly valuable, as you made several great suggestions. I will repay you by making the game even better, by entering you into the credits, and contacting you soon to design your very own weapon!

As for making another game.... who knows! This has turned out to be a lot of work, and even though I would like to work on a sequel eventually, other responsibilities will outweigh my ability to for some time to come. For now, I am focused on making Eternal Dreamers as good as I can!

Thank you so much again, and a happy new year to you as well!

Last edited:

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright! I've finally completed normal mode! I've made a list of things about the game; things I liked, things that I feel need to be changed/altered, etc.
Though some things, like AP Surge's OP-ness & Natsume's Freeze Round has already been addressed, I see.

Also, I used everyone for a bit, but my final team for the last two or so areas was Forest/Natsume/Monolith/Faeris.

Now here's my observations and thoughts (which I tried to organize as nicely as I could)!:
Character-specific observations:

[Anna]
  • Really like how Reaper Drive is a full-on aggro move now. I can't remember for sure, but didnt it also used to take her HP each round? Or was it her AP?
  • Cellular Scream is a very nice addition to her skillset! I used it a few times while I had her on the team.

[Natsume]
  • I feel like Natsume should have a different sound effect for her basic attack. Looks like a gunshot, sounds like a bash/punch.
  • Speaking of, I feel like her Aim Mode, Rapid Mode, & Eagle Eye skills should play a little animation when used. Feels empty without one.
  • About Bulletrain, I wanna say that it's been pretty useful for me, at least! ...but that's probably because I have Forest on my team, and he makes the setup for Bulletrain easier with Tactical Retreat + Rallying (especially due to something about Tactical Retreat that's said in Forest's section).
  • I think Shock Round is still a good skill the way it is. Unlike Freeze Round, Shocked stays after you hit an enemy. These skills have different utilities so I think the way they are is fine.

[Monolith]
  • I'm liking Monolith's new kit. Having his new Party Meter ability help keep his HP based attacks going is a very nice combination. Especially for boss fights, where his HP can start going down quick!
  • ...Though I'll admit I never used Resurrection or Devour. I can sorta see devour's uses, but seeing as Waste lowers the charge, I've always been good without Devour.
[Forest]
  • Is Tactical Retreat supposed to cost something? I'm guessing it's supposed to cost Party Meter, but it currently costs absolutely nothing. Made things... easier for sure.
[Marlon]
  • Same at Natsume, I feel like his Counter should have an animation with it.
  • Is there a reason why Flame Round works while enemies are Ablaze, yet Flameball while enemies are Ablaze doesn't?
[Sakia]
  • Is Magic Barrier meant to reflect helpful magic, too? Faeris' heal got reflected when I tried to use it. ...Though I suppose I can see why it would do that. Makes the skill riskier to use.
===
General Stuff:
  • In some battles, I don't get what the victory screen says I'm getting. There's been a few weapons that I've looked for in my inventory but don't have. It's nothing major, just something I noticed.
  • Reiketsu and Forest's dialogue doesn't change when unlocking a new area. They have the same dialogue from the beginning to the very end.
  • No one updates their dialogue when we unlock the Crater. Everyone updates when we reach the Depths, though.

• I was looking at the background for ShirA.I and was wondering if you were planning to add some color to it? Like a gradient or something. She seems like a more cheery person, so just a grey background for her is a bit offputting.
  • The Alexandra guide book chibi is adorable.
  • It's very nice to be able to skip a part of the intro.
  • Was wondering if you could place some kind of teleporter to the shopping center in the area where we go to missions. It's just a small inconvenience walking to the shop each time... this might just be me being lazy, though :rswt
  • The Splitter (Anna's 2 star weapon) only costs 100 as opposed to everyone else's 500.
  • Are Dream Essenses supposed to be sellable? Because they are. Just saying this in case they aren't meant to be, since none of the other currencies are sellable.
  • When we first speak to Death, I don't think it's necessary for Death to have the same laughing SFX for each dialogue box it has. Every few boxes, sure, but not every box. Gets annoying, if I'm being honest.

Lastly, I just wanna say that I LOVE the new base music, and on that note, this game's music in general!
The battle themes are great, and the mini boss theme gets me PUMPED lol. I sometimes found myself humming that theme in particular.
It's all so energetic, which is very fitting/appropriate for a battle-centric game like this. Gotta keep a good mood for these waves of enemies.

... Well okay, one more tiny thing. I made fanart of a certain character.
[2] Forest (Eternal Dreamers).png

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for playing my game! It seems you enjoyed your time, and I am super thankful for that as well! I'll try my best to address all of your comments below!

[Anna]
  • Really like how Reaper Drive is a full-on aggro move now. I can't remember for sure, but didnt it also used to take her HP each round? Or was it her AP?
  • Cellular Scream is a very nice addition to her skillset! I used it a few times while I had her on the team.
Indeed! It used to be less reliable and cost AP per round, which was entirely too punishing. Thanks for praising her new ability! As of the next patch, it will scale with her max HP rather than attack, enabling full-on tank builds at full offense capabilities!

[Natsume]
  • I feel like Natsume should have a different sound effect for her basic attack. Looks like a gunshot, sounds like a bash/punch.
  • Speaking of, I feel like her Aim Mode, Rapid Mode, & Eagle Eye skills should play a little animation when used. Feels empty without one.
  • About Bulletrain, I wanna say that it's been pretty useful for me, at least! ...but that's probably because I have Forest on my team, and he makes the setup for Bulletrain easier with Tactical Retreat + Rallying (especially due to something about Tactical Retreat that's said in Forest's section).
  • I think Shock Round is still a good skill the way it is. Unlike Freeze Round, Shocked stays after you hit an enemy. These skills have different utilities so I think the way they are is fine.
That's very true! I'll add more flavor to her general sound design as well as some animations to the mentioned abilities.

[Monolith]
  • I'm liking Monolith's new kit. Having his new Party Meter ability help keep his HP based attacks going is a very nice combination. Especially for boss fights, where his HP can start going down quick!
  • ...Though I'll admit I never used Resurrection or Devour. I can sorta see devour's uses, but seeing as Waste lowers the charge, I've always been good without Devour.
The new Soul Drain allows Monolith to bash away at bosses without a worry, which is great! You are right that Devour and Resurrection seem useless in their current form. I am contemplating the removal of the Devour ability and a rework of Resurrection.

[Forest]
  • Is Tactical Retreat supposed to cost something? I'm guessing it's supposed to cost Party Meter, but it currently costs absolutely nothing. Made things... easier for sure.
It's supposed to be unique in that it only costs the target one charge level. It is possible that I will raise the cost to 1 gauge bar segment per use in the future. For the upcoming update, however, I raised the cost of Rallying from 2AP to 3AP and Defensive Maneuver will reduce Forest's charge level by one. That will make it a bit more difficult to abuse his (many) talents. :kaoslp:

[Marlon]
  • Same at Natsume, I feel like his Counter should have an animation with it.
  • Is there a reason why Flame Round works while enemies are Ablaze, yet Flameball while enemies are Ablaze doesn't?
Finding an animation for Counter has been a headache, but I will try to brainstorm ideas again! Unlike Flame Round, Flameball is very abusable if Marlon uses his Limit Break ability; that's why I put a cap on it.

[Sakia]
  • Is Magic Barrier meant to reflect helpful magic, too? Faeris' heal got reflected when I tried to use it. ...Though I suppose I can see why it would do that. Makes the skill riskier to use.
I have renamed Magic Barrier to Ability Barrier following this feedback, which I think makes its effects easier to digest.

General Stuff:
  • In some battles, I don't get what the victory screen says I'm getting. There's been a few weapons that I've looked for in my inventory but don't have. It's nothing major, just something I noticed.
  • Reiketsu and Forest's dialogue doesn't change when unlocking a new area. They have the same dialogue from the beginning to the very end.
  • No one updates their dialogue when we unlock the Crater. Everyone updates when we reach the Depths, though.
  • I was looking at the background for ShirA.I and was wondering if you were planning to add some color to it? Like a gradient or something. She seems like a more cheery person, so just a grey background for her is a bit offputting.
  • The Alexandra guide book chibi is adorable.
  • It's very nice to be able to skip a part of the intro.
  • Was wondering if you could place some kind of teleporter to the shopping center in the area where we go to missions. It's just a small inconvenience walking to the shop each time... this might just be me being lazy, though :rswt
  • The Splitter (Anna's 2 star weapon) only costs 100 as opposed to everyone else's 500.
  • Are Dream Essenses supposed to be sellable? Because they are. Just saying this in case they aren't meant to be, since none of the other currencies are sellable.
  • When we first speak to Death, I don't think it's necessary for Death to have the same laughing SFX for each dialogue box it has. Every few boxes, sure, but not every box. Gets annoying, if I'm being honest.
  • The item drop bug has been present for a while, only, I'll need outside help to fix it. It's on the list!
  • Reiketsu and Forest will receive their area dialogue with the next update!
  • You are right! Currently, the Crater unlocks no additional dialogue. I should do something about that!
  • Graphic design is one of my weaknesses, so I quickly threw together a background to accommodate ShirA.I and called it a day. I tried to be fancy, but failed miserably. I should try again!
  • Yes, I love the chibi! By the way, Alexandra's full artwork is being worked on as we speak!
  • It was a strongly requested feature by former playtesters, so I had no choice but to make the intro skippable!
  • As a thank you for this extensive feedback, I will implement a function that allows instant teleportation to all of the major areas (Mall, Laboratory, Casino, Shelter)
  • The price of Splitter has been fixed, and Dream Essence no longer can be sold! Thank you!
  • Death will laugh a lot less following the new update

Lastly, I just wanna say that I LOVE the new base music, and on that note, this game's music in general!
The battle themes are great, and the mini boss theme gets me PUMPED lol. I sometimes found myself humming that theme in particular.
It's all so energetic, which is very fitting/appropriate for a battle-centric game like this. Gotta keep a good mood for these waves of enemies.
Making an upbeat game was one of my primary goals, and there is no better way to do that than use the right music. I am glad you enjoy the new additions!

... Well okay, one more tiny thing. I made fanart of a certain character.
I have never received fanart before, so I am feeling all warm and fuzzy right now. I love it! Thank you so much!:kaocry:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Happy New Year, everyone! To kick off the new year, today’s update is focused on visual adjustments to the game first and foremost, fully implementing character art busts, updating ability icons and more. Things feel a lot more personal now, which will be a theme I plan to continue up to the full release of the game!

Changes as well as bug fixes can be found in the patch notes below:

• Eternal Dreamers becomes more environmentally friendly: items can no longer be discarded
  • Recovery items can only be used in battle
  • The ability shop now sells level-less abilities even after unlocking the Hard difficulty
  • Dream Essence can no longer be sold
  • Opello Piece has become a rare item by grade
  • Updated the icons of the following items:
    • Ophello Piece

General
  • Updated select ability tooltips
Hero
  • Added animations to the following abilities:
    • Counter
  • Updated the icons of the following abilities:
    • Multislash, Flameball, Shield Bash, Counter
Blood Driver
  • The damage calculation of the gauge ability Cellular Scream has changed
    • Before: Based on attack of the user – defense of the attacked
    • After: Based on the max HP value of the attacker
    • Bloody Harvest
Leader
  • The cost of Rallying has changed
    • Before: [2AP]
    • After: [3AP]
  • The effect of Defensive Maneuver has changed
    • Before: Raise physical and magical defense of all allies
    • After: Raise physical and magical defense of all allies and lose 1 charge level
    • Rallying, Defensive Maneuver
Assassin
  • Renamed the ability Poison Stab -> Poison Jab
    • Poison Jab, Poison Slash, Smoke Bomb
Manipulator
  • Renamed the ability Magic Barrier -> Ability Barrier
    • Power Charge, Defense Charge, Ability Barrier
Practitioner
    • Resurrection

• Increased the number of enemies in select quests on the Normal difficulty

• The duration and effect and of AP Surge has changed
    • Before: (2 turns) Limitless ability usage
    • After: (3 turns) Full AP recovery every turn
  • Renamed the status effect Magic Barrier -> Ability Barrier
  • Updated the icons of the following status effects:
    • Charge Level 0, Bleeding, Smoke Bomb, Ability Barrier

• All party members will have their dialogue play accompanied by character art busts
    • With the exception of Alexandra and Eucreta, NPCs without art busts had their placeholder face graphics removed
  • Added dialogue for Forest and Reiketsu for every new area unlocked
  • Altered select parts of dialogue throughout the game
  • Death is a little more miserable now and laughs less frequently
  • Removed the NPC Leticia from the game

• Expanded upon the ending cinematic
    • Ophello and Death…?
  • Graphically updated the various types of Danger graphics displayed upon a boss-level encounter
  • Removed the greeting each time you enter the shopping mall area
  • Improved game’s performance
  • The save menu will no longer display currencies owned
  • Updated Manual
  • Updated Credits
  • Replaced one of the game’s opening graphics in response to the renaming of the development studio
  • Horizontally flipped the game’s icon

• Frozen no longer breaks if a healing ability is used on the afflicted
  • Splitter had its shop price corrected
  • Ophello Rod had its magic attack value corrected
  • Area unlock cutscenes will always have the correct tint
  • The BGM of the Spirit Hunt will unlock at the correct point in the story

• Items shown to drop from enemies might not show in the battle results screen
  • Slot machine win box indicators are slightly misplaced

• Instant teleportation function (Planning Phase)
  • Nightmare Difficulty (Implementation Phase)

Thank you for your support and have a happy new year! Download the game >here<!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have completed the rework of the Hunter and Manipulator classes and am excited to push them with the next update. The Hunter becomes a lot more technical for the big pay-off, and the Manipulator will be a rival to even Forest in her supportive capabilities. I've also made it so that every class now has one charge level 1 ability that will increase the charge level to 2. In the case of the Leader class for example, Glory Strike now will have Forest gain one charge level upon use. The thought process behind doing this for every class was that using regular attacks is cheap but also ineffective, and over time has become a punishment mechanic for those not careful in the use of their AP reserves.

Of course I cannot keep pushing updates for nothing but class balance, so it will be a little while before these changes go live alongside other additions and improvements. Stay tuned!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, everyone! It is time to share progress on the next piece of character art yet again! This time around, our lovely administrator, Alexandra, gets the full treatment! A young genius chosen to be the savior of humanity, she takes on the role of guiding the player on their mission. And in many ways, she is the heart of this project!

Alexandra_sketch Sample.png

I can't wait for her art to be fully completed! Until then, see you soon!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Today’s update brings the reworked Manipulator and Hunter classes and ups the difficulty of boss encounters. Will our brave heroes prevail, or is the game’s balance completely ruined?

• Changed the quantity of items one may win from the match-up minigame
    • 5x Play Token -> 10x Play Token
    • 10x Ability Fragments -> 5x Ability Fragments
    • 1x Goddess Fragments -> 5x Goddess Fragments

• Added two playtester-designed weapons to the Infection Fragment exchange shop:
    • GALVANIZE:
      A sacred spear that motivates others. (11 stars, spear)
      • 10x Infection Fragments
    • SERAPH’S ROD:
      A silver-coated rod of a holy missionary. (11 stars, rod)
      • 10x Infection Fragments

Blood Driver
  • The effect of Razing Edge has changed
    • Before: [Instant] Inflict Unhealable on the target
    • After: Inflict Unhealable on the target; gain 1 charge level
Leader
  • The effect of Glory Strike has changed
    • Before: Attack the enemy and gain 2 gauge bar segments
    • After: Attack the enemy and gain 2 gauge bar segments; gain 1 charge level
Assassin
  • The effect of Poison Jab has changed
    • Before: May poison enemy
    • After: May poison enemy; gain 1 charge level
  • The cost of Smoke Bomb has changed
    • Before: 4AP
    • After: 3AP
Manipulator

The Manipulator has received great feedback for her unique playstyle, yet remains difficult to utilize to her fullest potential. The core idea of this class is to manipulate the tides of battle, which it shall do more effectively following this minor rework. The greatest takeaway here is that Power and Defense Charge henceforth can target any party member, making Sakia a great support alternative to Forest.
  • Increased the Manipulator’s agility
    • Before: 10
    • After: 12
  • The cost and effect of SE Deductor has changed
    • Before: 3AP; Remove and store an ally’s negative status effects
    • After: 2AP; Remove and store an ally’s negative status effects; gain 1 charge level
  • The cost, scope and effect of Power Charge has changed
    • Before: 3AP; The user; Target gains Power Charge (boosted attack and crit rate), Defense Charge is removed
    • After: 2AP; 1 ally; Target gains boosted attack and crit rate and recovers 1 AP, Defense Charge is applied to the user
  • The cost, scope and effect of Defense Charge has changed
    • Before: 3AP; The user; Target gains Defense Charge (boosted defense), Power Charge is removed
    • After: 2AP; 1 ally; Target gains boosted defense and recovers 25% of their HP, Defense Charge is applied to the user
  • Power Charge and Defense charge now are single-stage abilities
  • The casting time and effect of Bind Hold has changed:
    • Before: [Instant] Squeeze the enemy at full force to leave it stunned for the remainder of the turn.
    • After: [Takes up turn] Squeeze the enemy at full force to leave it stunned for the remainder of the turn at a 50% success rate.
  • Renamed Ability Barrier -> Status Barrier
Illuminon
  • Cure now is a single-stage ability
Hunter

Following months of dominance in the team building meta, something had to be done to reign in the Hunter’s capabilities. To that end, this update introduces a new mechanic called Bullet Reload. Together with other listed tweaks, I hope these changes can help the Hunter become a more involved class requiring strategic wisdom and the need to think ahead.
  • The effect of Crippling Round has changed:
    • Before: [Instant] Applies Weakspot to the target
    • After: [Instant] Applies Weakspot to the target; gain 1 charge level
  • The use of Flame Round, Ice Round and Shock Round respectively applies Flame Reload, Ice Reload, Shock Reload
  • The casting time of Flame Round has changed
    • Before: Instant
    • After: Takes up turn
  • The cost of Ice Round has changed
    • Before: 5AP
    • After: 3AP
  • Added a new gauge ability to the Hunter: Bullet Reload
    • Bullet Reload: 4 gauge bar segments; [Instant] Reload Flame, Ice and Shock Rounds
  • Removed the gauge ability Eagle Eye
  • Added animations for the following abilities:
    • Aim Mode, Rapid Mode
  • Smoothened the animations of the following abilities:
    • Flame Round, Ice Round, Shock Round

• Minor boss-type enemies will deal damage twice on regular attacks
  • Major boss-type enemies will use their abilities more frequently, greatly increasing their difficulty
  • The HP recovery rate of regular slime-type enemies has changed
    • Before: 15%
    • After: 20%

• Added new status effects
    • Flame Reload: Unable to use Flame Round
    • Ice Reload: Unable to use Ice Round
    • Shock Reload: Unable to use Shock Round
  • The duration and effect of Power Charge and Defense Charge have changed
    • Before: (2 turns) atk & crit buff / def buff
    • After: (indefinite) Power Charge is available for use / Defense Charge is available for use
  • Renamed the status effect Ability Barrier -> Status Barrier
  • The effect of Status Barrier has changed
    • Before: Block incoming ability damage
    • After: Immunity to negative status effects
  • Renamed the status effect Bleeding -> Unhealable
  • Updated the icons of the following status effects:
    • Counter

• Updated face bust of Alexandra
  • Alexandra had all and Eucreta some placeholder face graphics removed

• Pressing page up on the keyboard or pressing lt on the gamepad while in the hub area will open a list of areas in the hub that the player has previously visited and allows to instantly teleport to any area on the list
  • Removed the artwork showcasing Alexandra in the opening segment of the game
  • Select text will display instantly
  • Changed the game’s icon

• Removed Glory Strike I from the droptable
  • Fixed incorrect graphic display in a postgame mini event

Thank you for your support! Download the game >here< !

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotta admit, I'm getting a little jealous of your patch notes :smile: . They look so professional and the game is really coming along nicely. I really like the way you are implementing your new content, like the things you get done and focus on from update to update. This has become my favorite game on the site.:smile: Keep up the amazing work, you're doing a great job.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotta admit, I'm getting a little jealous of your patch notes :smile: . They look so professional and the game is really coming along nicely. I really like the way you are implementing your new content, like the things you get done and focus on from update to update. This has become my favorite game on the site.:smile: Keep up the amazing work, you're doing a great job.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Writing the patch notes as detailed as I do is something I started doing perhaps a year or two into development. Sometimes I'd publish an update and wonder what really had changed, since often times small changes will go unnoticed to the naked eye. So I began to write down every single change the moment I would implement it, and seeing all those changes suddenly pile up made me realize that I can be proud of the effort I put in. In conclusion, I can only recommend adopting a detailed style of documentation; it's super healthy!

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes I'd publish an update and wonder what really had changed, since often times small changes will go unnoticed to the naked eye. So I began to write down every single change the moment I would implement it, and seeing all those changes suddenly pile up made me realize that I can be proud of the effort I put in. In conclusion, I can only recommend adopting a detailed style of documentation; it's super healthy!
That is very similar to my experience. I have a note book I try to get every change added to, mainly so I can make my patch notes more detailed. Now I partially use the length of the notes to determine when the update has enough content added. :smile: I love the use of graphics in yours and the sorting, I plan on taking your advise and upgrading my notes some more after being inspired by yours.

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi! I only played to the end of the Queen Bee fight, but I was really thoroughly impressed with it and wanted to give some initial feedback.
  • The combat is so complex as to be daunting, but by the end of the Queen Bee fight I felt like I was getting the hang of it, and it was very satisfying to build up gauge segments and then spend them on Fatal Stab and Blood Echo.
    • I particularly liked Blood Echo as a nice tank ability that rewarded Anna for taking a beating in Reaper Drive
    • I like a shared resource bar
    • I think the one element I found most confusing was the description on Forest's Glory Strike "The Party gains 2 gauge segments [dull icon -> bright icon]" It took me several rounds to figure out that the little dull/bright icon was some sort of row indicator, and not the gauge segment - I thought the icons were a representation of what was described just beforehand
  • The overall presentation is extremely sleek and cool. The music is great and makes it feel very energetic and exciting in combat. The portraits look very cool as well.
  • I love the visual effect on the drops, the little icons that pop off and then kind of stretch before disappearing. Very cool!
  • I kind of wanted to get straight into things and ended up just button mashing through all the character intros once I realised I needed to get all 7 of them before I could proceed or even open the menu. I absolutely wouldn't have minded if some of them had been held back a bit until I'd got the hang of things.

One question if you don't mind - I really like the little delay on the map scrolling when you're dashing around, in general the way the map/camera scrolls is great. Is this done using a publicly available plugin, or something unique to the project? If it's not a secret I'd love to know how it's done.

But in general, one of the best projects I've seen on these forums! If play more I'll give you more feedback.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I only played to the end of the Queen Bee fight, but I was really thoroughly impressed with it and wanted to give some initial feedback.
Hi there! Thank you for playing my little game! I'll try to address your points one by one.

• The combat is so complex as to be daunting, but by the end of the Queen Bee fight I felt like I was getting the hang of it, and it was very satisfying to build up gauge segments and then spend them on Fatal Stab and Blood Echo.
    • I particularly liked Blood Echo as a nice tank ability that rewarded Anna for taking a beating in Reaper Drive
    • I like a shared resource bar
    • I think the one element I found most confusing was the description on Forest's Glory Strike "The Party gains 2 gauge segments [dull icon -> bright icon]" It took me several rounds to figure out that the little dull/bright icon was some sort of row indicator, and not the gauge segment - I thought the icons were a representation of what was described just beforehand
I am glad you enjoy the gauge abilities! It is satisfying to delete enemies with Fatal Stab for sure, and Blood Echo always is reliable. All of the characters' gauge abilities are unique and fun to use in their own way. Well, that's the idea anyhow!

The icons in the descriptions indicate a change in the character's charge level upon use of the ability. Basic attacks and select support abilities have a character gain a charge level, which allows them to use their stronger abilities, which in turn will reduce the charge level again. At charge level 0, no abilities are available for use at all. Since you've only played the first mission, the system isn't of much importance yet as you only have basic abilities unlocked. Once you find other abilities, however, it becomes the central component of the battle system.

• The overall presentation is extremely sleek and cool. The music is great and makes it feel very energetic and exciting in combat. The portraits look very cool as well.
  • I love the visual effect on the drops, the little icons that pop off and then kind of stretch before disappearing. Very cool!
  • I kind of wanted to get straight into things and ended up just button mashing through all the character intros once I realised I needed to get all 7 of them before I could proceed or even open the menu. I absolutely wouldn't have minded if some of them had been held back a bit until I'd got the hang of things.
I am super happy to hear that my choice of music and the game's aesthetic is resonating with people. I was inspired by games similar in tone such as 7th Dragon 2020, as I think upbeat music makes the grind a lot more relaxing if you can hum along. Overall, the scope of this game is not incredibly large, which allows me to focus on presentation whenever possible.

You're right that bombarding you with a total of 8 characters in the beginning is a lot, but I want to emphasize player choice and customization from the get-go. I suppose it's a necessary evil.

One question if you don't mind - I really like the little delay on the map scrolling when you're dashing around, in general the way the map/camera scrolls is great. Is this done using a publicly available plugin, or something unique to the project? If it's not a secret I'd love to know how it's done.
Not a secret at all! >Here you go!<

But in general, one of the best projects I've seen on these forums! If play more I'll give you more feedback.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'll work hard to polish the game as much as possible until its release sometime this year!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, everyone! I would like to announce that the next update will arrive sometime next week. Most notably, I will introduce a new character in Ramiro, Eucreta's lab intern. He will allow for socket exchanges and upgrades. Furthermore, sockets will be much easier to obtain from Investigation quests, period, allowing for this layer of customization to really be accessible. I would like to thank @Porkchoppzz for previously bringing up the topic in their feedback list.

So long!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Today’s patch most notably marks the beginning of Ramiro’s internship at Eucreta’s laboratory. His expertise at socket piece crafting will come in handy for sure! This update makes socket pieces much easier to obtain and finally properly implements this layer of customization to the equipment system.

That’s not all however, as the game receives a platitude of changes including a new window skin! Polish, polish, polish! That’s what we’re talking about!

• The Christmas campaign has ended

• Slightly adjusted appearance of the central mall area

• All enemies can drop bronze-level socket-type equipment

• Spirits no longer drop element resistance sockets

• Regular Tower enemies will only drop Ophello Fragments

• A new method of acquisition for socket pieces has been introduced via Ramiro in the laboratory
    • Brown: 3x Socket Carbon
    • Silver: 3x Same socket piece of previous tier (e.g. 3x Atk/Boost -> 1x Atk/Boost+)
    • Gold: 3x Same socket piece of previous tier (e.g. 3x Atk/Boost+ -> Atk/Boost++)
  • Sockets can be recycled
    • Brown: 1x Socket Carbon
    • Silver: 3x Socket Carbon
    • Gold: 9x Socket Carbon
  • Socket pieces no longer are sold from the armor vendor
  • Reduced the amount of socket slots on rare equipment by 1
  • Reduced the upgrade effect of elements on spirit-type equipment significantly
    • Light Elements now upgrade random values of def, mdf and HP
    • Dark Elements now upgrade random values of atk and mtk
  • The Ophello equipment series boasts 5x gold socket slots like other rare equipment

General
  • All classes have their speed reduced by 2 to offset the higher availability of speed socket pieces
    • The Leader class has its speed reduced by 3 instead
Leader
  • With the removal of Lucky, Rally will not apply the status on the target anymore
Manipulator
  • Changed starting abilities of the class
    • Before: SE Deductor, SE Redirect
    • After: Power Charge, Defense Charge
  • With the removal of Lucky, Power Charge will not apply the status on the target anymore

• The use of the Enrage ability by a boss-type enemy grants them the Encouraged status effect

• Removed the status effects Lucky and Unlucky from the game

• Added a new character to the laboratory
    • Ramiro serves as Eucreta’s intern and excels at the creation of socket pieces. Visit him if you wish to acquire stronger socket pieces!

• Equipment sockets are indicated via icons instead of text
  • Area unlock messages are accompanied by an image of the scenery the player will encounter
  • Adjusted individual sizes of the windows in the shopping screen
  • Added a screen transition effect to the instant teleportation feature
  • Improved performance within the hub area
  • Updated window screen visuals
  • Choice select windows and the current active battler are marked more clearly
  • Updated guide
  • Updated credits

• Ability Books Lv.2 will recycle for 2x Ability Fragments as was intended
  • Using the instant teleport function to the casino will properly reset the music player
  • Removed unintended icon from the details window of the Experience Charm

Thank you for your support! Download the game >here< !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Inspired by @fluffymonster 's Cute Ghost
His name is POKO!
I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeziaG96