Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why did you choose to go f2p ?

Good question with a simple answer: to attract more players to the game. The engine isn't the most popular as we all know, and after 7 months in Early Access with a set price, I haven't found the audience I'd like to. By removing the need to pay for the game, I hope more people will be willing to check it out. If they enjoy their time, then they can buy the characters they like. If they don't, they still might provide me feedback I can use to improve the overall experience for everyone else. I think it's a win-win!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh nice! I've finally been trying the game again (after saying I would a while back and then... not finding time...), and I'm liking a lot of the new things added, minor or large. I'll have a full list of observations eventually! :kaopride:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh nice! I've finally been trying the game again (after saying I would a while back and then... not finding time...), and I'm liking a lot of the new things added, minor or large. I'll have a full list of observations eventually! :kaopride:

Good to hear from you, Mimi! I hope you've been well!

I am happy to hear you enjoy what's been added to the game since your last playthrough. If I remember correctly, things like the mining minigame, shop upgrade system, revamped tower and even 1920x resolution were still missing back then. Meaning I can't wait for that list of feedback! I hope you enjoy yourself even more this time!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

It's Black History Month, everyone! What better time to make a long-requested change to Forest's character bust than now? With his hand resting firmly on his chin, our group's leader looks better than ever! This change will go live with the next update!

Keep healthy and so long!

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! The way some of the menus looked were one thing that I'd written a bullet point on (also sorry that's been taking so long... got busy the past few weeks but I'm back at it) so it's nice to see that got fixed. The status menu looks especially nice now. And ohh Forest's updated bust graphic... he looks great! :kaothx:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! The way some of the menus looked were one thing that I'd written a bullet point on (also sorry that's been taking so long... got busy the past few weeks but I'm back at it) so it's nice to see that got fixed. The status menu looks especially nice now. And ohh Forest's updated bust graphic... he looks great! :kaothx:
XeVb4Co.png

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, the new hub music is taking some getting used to, but I like it too!
Also, the mining fixes sound nice! I've only played it a few times beforehand but I'll try it out a few more with this update.
Oh, and the claim gifts option hasn't shown up for me? I was able to claim the previous gift when it was sent out, but not this one.

And about the future dating sim-like update, that sounds like fun! I'm very curious to see how this system ends up! ...and I feel like it's obvious who I'll choose first at this point lmao

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, the new hub music is taking some getting used to, but I like it too!
Also, the mining fixes sound nice! I've only played it a few times beforehand but I'll try it out a few more with this update.
Oh, and the claim gifts option hasn't shown up for me? I was able to claim the previous gift when it was sent out, but not this one.

And about the future dating sim-like update, that sounds like fun! I'm very curious to see how this system ends up! ...and I feel like it's obvious who I'll choose first at this point lmao

Glad you like it! The previous track was catchy, but I feel this one is a better fit for something you'll be hearing a lot of.

Mining isn't fundamentally changed, just a bit less stressful to do now. I enjoy that minigame a lot, but some people cannot make quick inputs for various reasons. So it will likely remain a contested part of the game, and even if you shouldn't like it, that's okay! Minerals can still be acquired through combat after all.

That gift reminder still is from the F2P update in January, so you've claimed it already. (I should clarify that better in the patch notes....)

Finally, the dating sim elements! It's still early days, and I am currently in the process of collecting reference material from popular games to see how those elements are being approached there. Fire Emblem Three Houses is a big point of inspiration for example, being an RPG that does that quite effectively.

Thanks for your interest as usual! I know you've been collecting feedback all the while, and if you'd like, you could leave it in form of a review of the game on Steam too. Boosts visibility, and shows that kind of engagement is possible with the game. Up to you though! :kaoluv:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck
Froggo is back after a long break!
SF_People1_1 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twigsmcsquids