ETERNAL ODYSSEY (Working Name) UPDATED INFORMATION!!

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated on 8/28/13:

THE GAME IS BEING REDESIGNED!

Due to my recent accomplishment in understanding how parallax mapping works, the game is being redesigned from the ground up. There will also be a new storyline to accommodate these changes, so the information you are about to see is old and will be updated throughout time.

WARNING: Eternal Odyssey contains religious themes, and also includes the use of foul language which many people may feel sensitive towards.                                       

(8/28/13) NOTICE: New information in regards to characters, world, and more will be added in an updated post within the coming month

as all focus has been officially shifted on redeveloping the game! 

Introduction

Hello everyone, and thank you in advance for reading about ETERNAL ODYSSEY which is my very first RPG project that is finally making it's way to the public eye. This is a project inspired by many of the big names in the vast world of JRPGs, so I hope you'll be looking forward what I have to offer. With that being said, it can only be a great experience if you are able to provide feedback on what needs to be improved! Creating a AAA game is clearly something I don't have in mind, but my focus is to provide something the players will enjoy...Which is only possible with your feedback!
Story Synopsis 

“A courageous act of a father after his daughter’s sacrifice is put against the Eternals, and the believers that have shunned him.” 

2256 A.E. The beginning, and end of the "Divine Purge". 

The flow of time had mysteriously stopped…It was the beginning of a war between those of 

mankind, and those known as the Eternals for the sake of all humanity.

The Eternals are the graceful messengers 

of Khalos, the God of Uldon. They were once 

tasked with delivering his message to the followers that roam the world.

Yet one day the Eternals were suddenly 

hell-bent on destroying Uldon behind the back of the Khalos, God himself.

Unless a worthy sacrifice was made, the end of days 

would fiercely approach with haste.

There were those who did all they could in their willpower to stand 

against the Eternals, believing that they were no longer one with Khalos.

But they had failed...

The beauty and soul of one man's daughter 

was the sacrifice that had saved the world, and changed this man's life forever.

A follower of God taken by force from her confused and enraged father…?

At the same time, this sacrifice guaranteed nothing but Eternals false

prophecies of peaceful days that never came. 

As time progressed onward; the life this 

man had once cherished so dearly no longer held any meaning.

With the life as a non-believer in the Eternals; he has been shunned by the 

people of the world, and is known as the “Unblessed One”. 

The year is now 2456 A.E., and it is the season of summer.

It has been that way for what seems like an eternity...

And as the World slowly struggles, the false prophecies of the Eternals continue 

to staple together the sanity of those who walk the planet.

Nearly 2 centuries have gone by, and this man continues to suffer life

behind the cruel bars at a prison where he was once due for

eternal punishment through the eyes of a former king. 

Though on the day of what should have been his demise,

fiends of a mysterious darkness had overcome the surrounding

lands resulting in the deaths of those that had planned to end his life.

Confronted one day by a man in robe, this man is granted the

freedom which no longer means to him a dayum thing. Above all else,

he is also warned that the Eternals have turned their backs on the World

once more, and that even God himself had lost control of them. 

They intend on using this this man's daughter as a resource 

to end all life for eternity, though there is still time to prevent the

chaos from ensuing.

This man's name, is Rune...And this is his Eternal Odyssey
World Development

Uldon is a world stapled together by false prophecies of the Eternals.

Shrouded by the souls of the inhabitants, in the shadows reside its darkest secrets.

The vast world of Uldon is divided into various regions. Within these regions are the homelands of those that walk the planet, and

upon traversing each location a new event is to be discovered! These events (or sub-stories) play a key part in the betrayal of the

Eternals, but can be completely optional depending on the circumstances. While Rune's priority is saving his daughter, he may

have to get himself involved in these events to stop him from continuing his journey, plotted secretly by the Eternals.

Notice: Please note that all regions and locations are not final! Revisions on current information are inevitable! There will also be more information to be revealed in the future! All current information is based on what is completed so far in the planning and development stages. 

Region: 

The Parcel Plains

Location(s):

[SIZE=12pt]Idohl Village: A small and peaceful village on the Western landmass in the world of Uldon. While it is constantly under attack by fiends, the villagers are able to hold their own and live their lives in solitude. While the people of the village are believers in the messages of the Eternals, they still demand an explanation for these constant attacks. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Idohl Trail: The pathway which connects the village of Idohl, and the Wildlands surrounding it. At the trail there is a tent available for purchase under certain conditions! The tent can be used as a home-like location at any given time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The Wildlands: A particularly small forest-like environment one is able to come across by following the Southern path of Idohl Village, and through the Idohl Trail. The Wildlands is an area full of free roaming enemies, as well as wildlife. Within The Wildlands is a cave known as The Deep, which one can follow into a bigger portion of Idohl Village.[/SIZE]

More locations within the Parcel Plains are to be revealed soon.

Region:

The Central Drylands

Location(s):

[SIZE=12pt]Almadiem: A kingdom in uproar and under fire by souls of the undead who wish to reclaim what was once theirs. At the same time, behind the shadows lies a mysterious cult that wishes to overthrow the kingdom, which will soon call for yet another war. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dunes of Ahjiran: A vast desert-like environment full of hidden ruins, which could contain an array of ancient treasure for those brave enough to enter its labyrinths. Located just right outside the Kingdom of Almadiem, these lands are also consumed by the forces of the undead souls that have started war with the kingdom. [/SIZE]

More locations within The West Central Lands are to be revealed soon.
SCREENSHOTS!

PARALLAX MAPPING CONCEPTS!

OFFICIAL SCREENSHOTS! 

Credits

Please note that credits are not final as resources are constantly being added/removed!
They will be updated each time something is added. 
(After a amount of time has passed due to forum rules.)

GRAPHICS/SCRIPTS
Enterbrain
Kimaila
Indrah
あぱぱぱん
Kirin
Victor Sant
Yanfly
Cremno
Zerbu
Nicke
Mr.Bubble
Celianna
CLOSET
First Seed Material
Khas

V.M of D.T

DoctorTodd

MogHunter

Yami

Hanzo Kimura

MUSIC

STAR OCEAN 4 (tri-Ace, Square Enix)

G2 MIDI (http://guru2.nobody.jp/music/index.html)

Blodeyun

RyanA

Gorlami

Scythuz

McTricky

Last edited by a moderator:

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks interesting. I'm a sucker for a story with a religious bent (see my game for proof!), so I'll definitely be checking this out when you get a demo up.

Your story description was a little confusing at times (why is the father an non believer if he knows for a fact that his daughter sacrificed herself to God? Why would anyone be with all these Eternals walking around?), but I think you've got something brewing there. I'll follow this here topic!

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much for your interest! I will be sure to return the favor and check out your game!   :) I also see what you mean there about the story, I'm currently making edits to it so that it makes a little more sense. It's just that her sacrifice was forced by the Eternals, and it was something her father did not want to happen. Without giving away too much the Eternals are I guess what you can brain-washers lying to the people that entrust them with their lives. Using that as a cover up for some of the major events that are caused by them in the game. 

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Cool man. Yeah, thanks for checking mine out. Feel free to post any criticisms or comments about it!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks awesome, nice concept and pretty good mapping, I'm keeping an eye on this.

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks awesome, nice concept and pretty good mapping, I'm keeping an eye on this.
Thanks MisterX! Expect an update on the game sometime next week! 

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What lighting scripts did you use?

McTone

This Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A note on your lighting. Make sure you set the ceiling tiles to the right terrain tag. Your lights are going over your ceilings and it looks a little weird. I just noticed that!

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A note on your lighting. Make sure you set the ceiling tiles to the right terrain tag. Your lights are going over your ceilings and it looks a little weird. I just noticed that!
Ah I see what you mean! xD Thanks! 

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump!

World Development section has been updated!

Screenshot section has been updated! 

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump! Added a "recruiting" message at the top!

I need some map designers! 

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why you need map designers?

Your mapping is actually quite good, I could help you but I'm too busy with my project, so I'm afraid I have to pass this time.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why you need map designers?

Your mapping is actually quite good, I could help you but I'm too busy with my project, so I'm afraid I have to pass this time.

Good luck!
I just figured having another 2 or 3 people working the the project with me would increase development speed. The world in which this game is set isn't huge, but it's not small either! :D Plus I like the seeing the talent of others at work, as well as sharing knowledge of certain things during the development phase that I or the other person wouldn't normally know! Even if you're still busy with your project I would offer you to join me whenever you are looking to catch a break from your work! 

Tri_11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
JUST A QUICK MESSAGE! 

As you will see, or have seen when you hit the top of the page...I've decided to completely redesign the game from the group up in terms of visuals, and in the overall concept of the story. Along the lines of development I began feel very unsatisfied with how I was developing the game. But I can assure what I have in store for it's "rebirth" will be a lot better once completed!! 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it wrong to look like a dead fish at all times :)
What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Journey_Sticks