RMMV Eternal Remnant: The First Chapter - An emotional RPG journey | Demo available now!

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
This looks really great psyche... I just downloaded it! :)

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This looks really great psyche... I just downloaded it! :)

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed it!

A sneak peak at a dungeon that features in The First Chapter. You'll need more than your skills in combat to get through this one - both your wits and a bit of magical flare are your friends!

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
And again today!

At 3pm PDT we'll be covering some post-demo content for Next Fest here. :)

EternalRemnant_LiveStream2.png

matthewwells

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just downloaded the demo. Gorgeous artwork! These all look like custom environments and characters to me. Also, excellent work with environmental and lighting effects. Also, you've got animated enemies! And they look phenomenal. Well done. The music I've heard so far accompanies the scenes well and hits the right emotional beats. This is all custom, correct? The characters seem to be written well. I like the bits of personality thrown in. It's too early for me to say much about the story otherwise.

Some nitpicks:
  • The battle music doesn't loop.
  • The sound effects are noticeably RPG Maker stock assets.
  • My party was destroyed by the imp that came out of the chest (one imp plus two rock creatures). Perhaps I should have taken out one of the rock creatures first, but that battle seemed ridiculously hard for a first-dungeon-of-the-game battle.

matthewwells

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Finished the demo. None of my major impressions have changed. Seems like a fun game. I just hope it's not too much longer before I get some autonomy on moving my characters around the game world. The experience so far is very on rails, and I can tolerate that for an hour or so, but after that, I'd like some autonomy to start exploring. Looking forward to the full version!

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi @matthewwells - thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it!

To assuage some of your concerns - pretty much everything you've mentioned has been addressed in the current build!

Regarding battle music, you'll have to let me know your PC specs (including sound card) because I've confirmed the looping is working correctly for others - though I have encountered similar bugs in the past.

Cheers!

matthewwells

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome! Glad to hear you've already addressed those issues. Now that I think back to the battle where I lost, I think that was a combination of my characters' bad rolls on damage and the imp getting the attack buff onto both of the rock creatures. Probably an edge case. The second time through the difficulty seemed pretty balanced. The boss was just about right, by the way. By the time it ended, my characters were on the verge of not being able to hold out much longer.

I will direct message you my computer and sound card card specs. Is your game MV or MZ? I use looping OGGs is my own MZ game, and they have always worked just fine.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Game is in MV actually! Thanks for the info, I'll give it some testing. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

WhitePaper.jpg

From China, with...white paper. :kaojoy:
This is a really good video
Testing Parry/Counter system straight from Action Sequence instead of utilizing the default counter.
Quite happy with the result so far.
Bex
This just blew my mind.
RMMZ can choose Tilesize.
No complicated Plugin needed, it is a simple inbuild Option.
This means you could literally use all your rm2k3 or vx-ace Tilesets and Characktersets in RMMZ.
This also makes me curious about experimenting with smaler Tiles and higher Screen Resolutions for non RPG Games.
mztilesize1414564.png
Did you know about this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasuga24