Eternal Twilight

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by Fernyfer775, Nov 12, 2015.

1. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So...while I was recording the next episode of Eternal Twilight, this happened.

[​IMG]

I have yet to update to 1.0.8 (because I'm so late in the game, the buffs won't mean much in my opinion with only a small handfull of boss fights left before the end), so this could just be a 1.0.7 thing since I looked on the other page and someone else had the exact same problem with one of the Blood Magi fights in Mount Sidamo.

As a point of reference as to when it generally happened to me, I have another screenshot.

[​IMG]

Believe it or not, nobody had died yet...except Verona's goons. I mean, I'm still going to upload the video, but I'd rather not redo the fight until I know if the problem can be avoided if I update or if this is some new bug that sprung up like the whole "Amalgamation's health bar going straight down to 1 instead of 75 after the first revive" situation.

2. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @BlissyMKW - Noooooooo~~~~!!! That cursed bug is back to haunt me. Ughhhhhh. It's going to take some time for me to get to the root of it and fix the darned thing. I doubt v1.0.8 fixed it since that wasn't touched at all.

I'm fairly certain i know the culprit of the bug though. As soon as I have a fix uploaded, I'll let you know!

3. wazzy

wazzy Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice game! will play this :D

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  4. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    @BlissyMKW

Version 1.0.9 is LIVE!

This version hopefully puts an end to some annoying bugs that have plagued the game since I switched over to the STB system back around v0.5 or so.

Unexpected Token U (what I like to call the #$@#$@!#@% bug!)
    • Forced Actions and the STB plugin that I'm using don't like to play nicely with one another. This sometimes led to the game randomly crashing during certain boss fights when a boss would go and try to use a Forced Action command. It was very hit or miss though, and it took a long time to figure out exactly how or WHY it was even happening.
    • I have completely removed all forced actions from the game, so I'm hoping that this finally puts this stupid bug to rest once and for all!
    Stacking Debuffs (Defile, Static Cling, Corrupted Blood, etc)
    • These buffs were behaving strangely whenever a player would wipe to a boss and then selected the "RETRY BOSS" option.
    • Fixing this bug was a win/lose type situation. To fix the weird bug, I had completely remove the "retry boss" option after getting knocked out on a boss fight, and forcing the player to spawn in another map to completely wipe away the lingering debuff stacks, which would sometimes cause the game to crash.
    • I also added a few fail safes to guarantee that the debuff ALWAYS resets to 0 stacks upon re-initiating combat.
    Self-Destruct
    • Slime enemies will now properly die when they...well, you know...DESTRUCT THEMSELVES. :p
    /SPOILER]

BlissyMKW likes this.
  5. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    At this point, I'm tempted to believe that Mount Sidamo is cursed or something since this seems to have only happened in this one area.

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  6. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    @BlissyMKW - Sadly enough, it used to happen a lot more in the earlier bosses too, like Minerva, Tyrus, Malfius, Runic Heart, etc.

Most of those bosses used forced actions in their battles and I had to completely remake some of their battle mechanics to fix them.

I had hoped some of the Sidamo bosses would be okay, but I suppose I was wrong. Thank you for reporting the bugs to me though and sorry about any frustration or inconvenience it caused!

Also...Version 1.0.9a is LIVE!
    So...I am a big dumb moron and I "broke" one thing while fixing another.

Due to a typo I made in updating the DEATH AND DECAY debuff that the bloody abomination boss places on you at the beginning of the battle, it was causing all actions (attack, skills, guard, etc) from being locked out.

I have fixed this bug and uploaded the changes. So sorry for anybody who just downloaded v1.0.9 and are required to download the game, yet again!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  7. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    i have to show my respect to this game & Fernyfer775 who developed it.
    I always think that Battle System cannot be fun without ton of customized plugins
    & beautiful artwork but. After watching this video of a streamer guides how to
    deal with Bosses' of Eternal Twilight:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcxA0ybgS92YpH-ufUboRtgzq2WgltEzv
    I am really impressed because how complex & well calculated this game is
    And Fernyfer775 did it with default asset.. so.. well done.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    BerryB and Fernyfer775 like this.
  8. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Here's a small teaser trailer for Eternal Twilight's upcoming (free) DLC - Patch v1.1.0.
    I hope you are as excited to play it as I am to release it! :D

Biestmann likes this.
  9. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is a really impressive project. Thanks to @Isabella Ava providing the link, I took a long look at your battle system. It's fantastic, and I applaud you for sticking to your vision and understanding of difficulty. I am sure the DLC will turn out just as good (and punishing) as the rest of the game.

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  10. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    @Biestmann - Hey, I really appreciate your kind words, thank you!

I'm honestly very happy and proud of how it all turned out and I'm even more happy that many people have enjoyed and appreciated the fruits of my labor.

With this DLC, I plan on making bosses that are MUCH more challenging. These are the kind that I couldn't put in the main storyline, because I wanted the game to be beatable by the average player haha. Being optional though, I can truly go all out in their designs and create some horrifically challenging fights!

11. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I saw Dios and Mios remakes and I can already tell that some of these fights are going to be RPG nightmare fuel.

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  12. BerryB

BerryB Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just to correct you here that I'm not exactly a streamer, per se. I don't stream these. The bosses actually took that long to do. But thanks for the shoutout nonetheless. I had insomnia going through that game. And now with the most hardest DLC difficulty coming, I dread to think that I won't be able to do that one out of pure frustration and anguish. Because the developer really loves his battles. And it shows.

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  13. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Hello everybody! I am EXTREMELY excited to announce a giant content patch for Eternal Twilight! Check out the many changes below:

Eternal Twilight v1.1.0: Enter The Seraph Dungeon is LIVE!
    === Seraph Dungeon - Optional Content ===
    • Do you have the skill to defeat the super bosses of the Seraph Dungeon...?
    • Doing so will unlock the game's TRUE ENDING!
    • The new dungeon has a plethora of powerful rewards and a handful of new Trophies to acquire!

=== Bug Fixes and Other Changes ===
    • I have solved the issue that causes your save file to get excessively larger as your playtime increases. Save and load times should be drastically shorter than before!
    • There are now a total of 4 save file slots. The 4th slot is a dedicated AUTO-SAVE spot, where the game will automatically save at certain intervals.
    • A new "DAMAGE METER" has been added to the battle hud. This can be turned on after purchasing a special item from FERNY within the Runecrafting Shrine.
    • Battles have been optimized to have MUCH less lag than before!
    • The Enclave got a small makeover.
    • SOUL AUGMENTS are no longer randomly acquired at the Soul Forge. Instead, you may use Soul Fragments to purchase whatever augments you want!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Low, BlissyMKW, Halcyon Days and 2 others like this.
  14. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    .....Welp. Looks like that's a side project going on the list. No promises I'll actually complete them all and I have full intention of only doing these fights in my own time, but...I'm apparently a masochist because part of me is considering doing recordings of these fights.

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  15. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    I wish you the best of all luck! These bosses are brutal and show no mercy! :D

16. Halcyon Days

Halcyon Days Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just like the main game, right? :rwink:

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  17. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Heheheh, guilty as charged. Believe it or not, some of these bosses are even MORE mechanically challenging than the ones in the main game! They pretty much take boss mechanics of the main game bosses and then make them harder, or add an extra layer to what they were originally.

Halcyon Days likes this.
  18. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    Shameless bump - reviving my game from the endless abyss of this forum! ^_^

19. XianRemigius

XianRemigius Villager Member

First Language:
    BahasaIndonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Fernyfer, do you have the "Eternal Twilight" font like the one used on title screen but with transparan background?

I love writing reviews of video games/movies/TV series/books on my IG account. Thus I need the proper picture, square is preferrable to post my review of Eternal Twilight on my IG so people can look and read it. If you willing, please send it to my email xianremigius@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Fernyfer775 likes this.
  20. Fernyfer775

First Language:
    English
    @XianRemigius Hey there! I'll gladly send you the logo. I would suggest you edit out your email for the sake of your privacy and security, you never know if someone might try to send you spam mail or anything of the sorts.

I'd love to read over the review once you're done with it, by the way! :)