Eternal Twilight

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@t28nguye - Hey there, so sorry for the super late response, I wasn't able to access my computer for a few days. I'll need both your save file (the one you sent me already) AND the global save file to be able to load up your game file.

As for the second hard boss, I assume you're talking about the Echo Succubus?
Here are some tips/spoilers on how to defeat her:
The key to surviving this boss is pretty simple, all you have to do is NOT purify the "SCORCHED" debuff she throws on the party until the turn that she gets the purple/red swirly thing under her, which signals that she is about to use her special attack on the party.

When Damien purifies SCORCHED from a party member, they get the "HEAT-PROOF" buff for 1 turn, which reduces incoming fire damage by 99%, which allows the party to survive the boss's big nuke attack.

As for the LINGERING SMOKE debuff that is stacking on the party, there's nothing you can do about that, you just have to kill the boss fast enough before this becomes unmanageable.

Best of luck to you!

Here's a video of the amazing @BerryB taking down the boss for reference:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Fernyfer775
Thanks for getting back to me. I took your advice, I sold all weapons and armors except the special ones. Now I am able to buy the ultimate armors.
I know the "spirit" stat is important for magical attack. But by how much in terms of factor. Luna and Ryudo's "spirit" stats are low. In order to get high "spirit", Luna will have to sacrifice her agility, which is her strong stat and Ryudo will have to sacrifice his attack. In addition both will also have to sacrifice defense as well. Do "Agility" and "Attack" have any affect on their magical attack. Any recommend on which armors I should equip on each player?

Last edited:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you open up your MENU and then go to STATUS, you can then look at a GUIDE for each character. When you scroll to the bottom of the guide, it'll tell you what 3 stats you should focus on for each character.

In reality, SPIRIT is only useful for DAMIEN and TRISH, as their spells have SPIRIT and M.ATTACK modifiers attached to them. Spirit's secondary bonus is that is reduces MP cost of spells, which could be useful, but in most cases, you shouldn't sacrifice Attack, Agility, or Defense on Luna or Ryudo to get more Spirit on them.

As for which armors each character will get 100% the most out of, I would suggest:
Luna - LEATHER
Damien / Trish / Minerva - CLOTH
Ryudo - PLATE

In some cases, it wouldn't hurt to give Ryudo 1 or 2 pieces of LEATHER to give him a bit more Agility and MP to help him be a little faster and have more MP for his spells.

I sometimes also throw on at least 1 piece of PLATE on Damien to give him a bit more TP Charge Rate, Defense, and HP, which helps him tank more damage.

Luna, I usually just keep her in pure LEATHER armor. Trish and Minerva, I typically also keep in full CLOTH.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I prefer Trish to be faster than Ryudo because she can easily add shock, dead and breaker stats with her wind attack so that everyone can do more damage and bonus damage.
Thanks for recommendation.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You're very welcome. Best of luck to you on Echo Succubus! ^_^

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Fernyfer775
Hi, Would you please show me how to defeat boss #9? I am confused. I unphased the boss by attacking the first upper soul in round 1, then the second round all the souls disappeared and the boss releases the ultimate attack and everyone die.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@t28nguye - This boss is mechanically pretty tricky. His little minions only take 1 damage from all attacks, but have very small health pools.

If one of his minions dies, the boss will immediately counter by destroying your entire team with his attack that does millions of damage and completely bypasses ENDURE.

The trick is to only hit the minions with single-hit attacks (don't use things like Wyvern Strike, Obliterate, Wind Chi, etc) to get the PHASED buff so that you could do damage to the boss.

Only hit the minions when you need to reactivate your PHASED buff and avoid hitting them and killing them if you don't need to.

Unfortunately, because of this, Minerva's damage is crippled because she's unable to reliably cast ULTIMA to deal damage.

Best of luck to you!

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I defeated all 10. Sometimes I did not kill the minions but the boss still unleashes his ultimate damage. Thanks.

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I mostly came here to say that one of the very very very very very very very very very first games I ever made in rm2k (or was it 2k3) when I was a tiny baby dev had the EXACT same title as this game. It was supposed to be a small sandbox open world game where you play as a vampire. Highly derivative of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, at least as much as a turn-based game could manage to be. Abandoned before it got very far. I'm almost 100% sure it was called Eternal Twilight.

Weird coincidence.

I've seen this on RMN before and it looks pretty good. Will anyone be shocked if I say my favorite character is Minerva? "It goes against my Catholic upbringing, I admit it," I've always been a sucker for the witch.

Amazing equipment system where no two pieces of armor/weapons are exactly alike! Every piece of armor that is dropped by enemies or crafted by the player will have randomly acquired "affixes" and "suffixes" which will add bonus stats and passives to them. On top of the random affixes and suffixes, equipment also has "rarities" which will greatly influence the bonuses that the piece will yield. Replace that "Common Cotton Robe of Wisdom" with an even stronger "Uncommon Cotton Robe of Wisdom!"
I'm pretty sure you're just talking about a YF plugin or maybe the combination of a few YF plugins (forgive me if I'm wrong) and I think it's kind of awkward to describe commonly used plugins as an "Amazing" feature.

Regardless of how you're implementing this, technically speaking, even if you wrote all the JS yourself, this is an ancient tried and true equipment system that has featured prominently in many, many high profile CRPGs from Diablo through WoW. It is very common. It doesn't seem appropriate to use the word "Amazing". Also, some people hate this system.

FWIW the mere presence of this mechanic is 90% of the reason why I bounced off of the first Borderlands. But of course, that's completely subjective. Most of the mainstream games using this mechanic were successful/popular.

My only actual critique here (right now) is I find "Amazing" to be an awkward word to use to describe a system that most of us have been familiar with like since Diablo first came out.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just downloaded and tried Eternal Twilight. The game seems well done so far and I like the turn count skill unlock system with the Demien so far.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,

I am playing your game with the newest version. 1.1.2
1. Ryudo does not learn "Instinct" and does not have the second accessory slot.
2. The game is extremely slow when the team gets in sidamo mountain. As a result, I get stuck at the 3 statutes (orange, green and blue). The team moves so extremely slow that I cannot finish the trial before the time is up.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@t28nguye
Ryudo not learning instinct is a super weird bug... I fixed it for your save file and also got you through the puzzle. I will do a completely fresh play through the game to see if I can run into any similar bugs like that.

As for lagging in Sidamo, unfortunately, I don't think there's anything I can do to rectify that problem without having to redo all the lighting in my maps. The plugin that has the lighting effects is probably what is causing the lag on lower-spec computers.

I'll private message you the save file - I uploaded it to my google drive.

PS - Also, just one thing I noticed in your file is that you're holding onto a TON of old gear. I would highly recommend siphoning gear you're no longer using, because unfortunately, the plugins I use for my gear system can cause extreme file size bloat if you don't get rid of excess items. It's usually not a problem if you're holding onto like 20-30 extra armor pieces, but you had hundreds lol.

Last edited:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I used my savefile to play with the old version 1.1.1 to get through the mountain cave. Now I am at the crystal chamber. Can you fix Ryudo's problem for me?

When is Ryudo supposed to learn instinct? Is it when he is at Treno or Patrio City? I used my savefile with the old version as well but the problem is still there. I never have that problem before.

I am used to sell old weapons and armors if I get a new tier. I keep the gears so that the enemies do not drop the same gears. That way I might get more powerful gears. There isn't any problem with old version to keep those gears. If you can code your game as the enemy cannot drop the same item then I will delete the gears immediately if I do not need it.

In the new version, we get more exp, leveling up quickly but I get less rune essences to get more powerful gears.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi,
I think I know the reason for Ryudo not learning "Instinct". Because you made the game easier, I killed the general on the second turn. Kyudo is supposed to learn Instinct at the end of the second turn. The general was dead on the second turn, the conversation did not take place at the end of the second turn. As a result, Ryudo did not learn Instinct.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Omg, that's crazy you killed that boss so fast that he never even triggered that part of the fight, hahaha. I'm going to have to add some fail-safes to that fight to make sure that the INSTINCT learning event triggers. Thanks for bringing this up.

Misake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I want to an advice. I'm in the tower where I need to save the elder's daughter and i need to open one of the door to save the prisoners, which one should I save?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Misake - There's no right or wrong answer, just go with whoever you liked more. All it changes is some dialogue later on and slightly alters a secret boss you fight much later in the post-game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh man the controls in Mario Sunshine are pretty awful and I haven't even witnessed the controls without FLUDD
Lots of cool changes for Battle Castle in the works! Not just reworked dialogue, but gameplay, combat, and possibly lore changes to make things weightier.
Actor2_2 added!

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scop