RMVXA Eternia - The gate to paradise

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by BlackRoseMii, Feb 8, 2017.

1. BlackRoseMii

BlackRoseMii Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A legend that was told centuries ago, now forgotten…A legend that led thousands of people into their deaths….Just to cling to a single light of hope….

A legend, that is not allowed to be known about anymore…

When you see that single light, will you dare and try your luck, finding the place nobody else was able to?

Story:

Vincent is a poor fisherman living in a small town. As if his lack of money wouldn’t already be enough, due to the high taxes his boss has to fire him and left Vincent with nothing more than what he wears and a mysterious diary authored by his grandfather.

This diary holds a secret his grandfather kept and wanted to give to his grandson. It contains the way to reach paradise, as it is told in legends he used to tell him. Vincent decides to go on a journey to find the gate to paradise and it’s 10 guardians, who hold the keys, since he has no other choice.

During his journey he meets other people, who are victims of their own lives:

-Leah: A shy young girl, who has lost her parents and is now unable to speak. Leading the townspeople to fear and hate her, calling her a witch.

-Sam: A tomboyish girl, with a slight aggression problem, who has been exploited by a corrupt man and joins the group in order to find a better life and to calm her explosive attitude.

-Oni: A mysterious boy, who seems to hate the human race and hides a dark secret nobody would have expected.

-Julian: A boy, who loves women and hates everything, that makes him work. He was put into monastery by his foster parents for his behaviour.

Together they seek for a better future in paradise. But none of them could have imagined the cruel truth behind the legend and what Oni has to do with it.

Characters:
    Vincent: Age 24
    [​IMG]
    A hard worker and the most determinded to find paradise. His parents died when he was 18 and his grandfather left when he was 13. He loves books and the stories his grandfather read him. Once he finds the travelling merchant Huxley, he starts to get interested in this kind of business.

Leah: Age 19
    [​IMG]
    A shy girl who has been treated badly by the townspeople. She's unable to talk since she saw her parents die when she was a small child. The people call her a witch, because of this. The only person who gives her shelter is the local priest. After she meets Vincent, she decides to travel with him. She communicates with other through writing.

Sam: Age 21
    [​IMG]
    A girl who was born in the poor district of her town. She had to live on her own for a very long time and was eventually hired as a boxer (I hope thats the correct english word) for illegal matches. Her boss keeps telling her, she would get her money, but since she has never seen one bit of it, she leaves the town and joins Vincents group. She hates it if people try to help her.

Oni: Age unknown
    [​IMG]
    This boy is as mysterious as possible. And he drives the group crazy with this. He never wants to talk about anything, especially not why he is able to tell the whereabouts of the guardians. He despises humans and everything they do, but he still travels with them. Yet another mystery. Vincent and he can't stand each other but over the time, they argue less and less, until Oni even saves Vincents life.

Julian: Age 21
    [​IMG]
    The one who is the less deteminded to find the paradise. His real parents died when he was just a year old so friends of them took him in. He's flirty and loves women just as much as he likes to annoy people. That's why his foster parents send him into the monastery to change himself. Which doesn't really help. He joined the group just to get out of there, but during their journey, he finds out the truth of his parents and how they died.

Features:
    -Random encounters
    -Hidden places with treasures you can trade for some useful items near the end
    -No potions! Cook a healthy meal to replendish your HP!

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download:
    With RTP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xc1r2502e8d9314/Eternia(Ace).exe

Without RTP:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/srdxn37qdbb283p/Eternia(Ace)RTPless.exe

Important note: There's a bug I'm unable to fix: In the lava dungeon, the first lever you have to pull will make the game crash. Closing and reopening the game will usually fix it.

I hope you'll enjoy it^^

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Alastor01, flirion and Stanley like this.
  2. Swish

Swish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Maybe it's just me, and I am getting too used to rpg maker mv, but battles lacks popup system, even some simple one like yanfly battle core.

3. Jack91al

Jack91al Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there, I'm playing Eternia now and I have to say that It has been a really solid game so far.
    I love the amount of detail put on the game with things like custom sprites and music. Getting medicinal herbs on the forest is a really good alternative for some players that doesn't want to use the cooking menu and I like the dialogue between characters so far.
    There are things that I don't enjoy as much like: The encounter ratio being too high. For someone like me that likes to explore every little corner of the map and the possibilities in it I must say It wouldn't hurt to make the encounters less frequent.

I also found a game breaking bug that ruined a little the experience for me (Do I report the bug here or shall I message you with a report?)

Well, that's the amount of things that i've seen so far. When I finish the game I would like to put a complete review.
    Great Game so far ;)

4. BlackRoseMii

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    For a bug report, you can message me privately.

5. Jack91al

Jack91al Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just finished the game.
    The creator put a lot of effort in this game so I'll encourage to the people that are reading to give it a try.

Have a nice day :rwink:

6. AceTheMad

AceTheMad Village Madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So...I was playing through the game...and I was wondering something:
    After you learn the names of Julian's parents, the entrance of the magistrate's office is blocked by a guard. I can't figure out how to get him out of my way. Help?

7. BlackRoseMii

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    There's no need for you to go there. Once you've talked to his sister, who gives you their names, go back to the inn and sleep there.

8. Alastor01

Alastor01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi, you should re-upload your images to a different service, as the infamous PhotoBucket service has pretty much dumped it's users. They are not showing up :)

9. BlackRoseMii

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Now the screenshots should be viewable again^^