Primarily Uses
RMMV

Spoiler

Version History

• v1.00 - Initial Release!

Spoiler

Full Story (Recommended):

Spoiler

About 400 years ago, mankind was divided primarily into two tribes: The Light Tribe, and the Dark Tribe. The two tribes lived in perfect harmony, co-existing with celestial beasts that held tremendous power. Yet no tribe would betray the other by trying to harness the ability of the beasts for themselves. The world was a peaceful haven.

However, rumours began creeping within the Dark tribe that the Lights were planning to take over all the land for themselves. The ruler of the Darks did not believe this, however he decided to take precautions for the slim chance that it might be true. They feared that the magic of the Light tribe was true great for them in the event of an attack, so they rounded up their best researchers to harness the ability of the beasts, but only for self defence. The scientists began intense research and eventually produced a special fluid that possessed the potential to tremendously enhance the consumer's ablities. Thinking it to be safe, the researchers mass synthesized the "Miracle Water" until eventually the Dark tribe had a lake composed of the fluid flowing through their lands. The king ordered all of his men to consume from the lake, which they had called "Ethereal Spring", in preparation for if an attack was due.

What the researchers failed to realise was a side-effect of their creation. Within a few months, the people of the Dark tribe started going haywire. Their newfound power was too much for their body to contain, and hence the whole nation went out of control. Their bodies craved power, and eventually it was them that attacked the peaceful land of the Light tribe.

A great war broke out between the two nations. The Light tribe were unprepared for the assault, while the Dark tribe was fueled by the power of the Ethereal Spring. The war drove on for years, but it had begun to spell doom for the Light tribe. Their forces were falling before the powers the Dark tribe had harnessed from the celestial beasts, and their resistance was fading.

At this pivotal moment, a hero arose from the Lights. He took it on himself, with a handful of his devoted followers, to put an end to battle. In his heroic efforts, he pushed back the Dark tribe warriors and entered into the heart of the conflict - the Ethereal Spring. At the cost of his own life, he sealed off the miracle lake so that such a war would never break out again. At the same time, he sealed off the celestial beasts into the weapons that he and his followers were carrying, so that their powers may never be used again. After his parting, with the celestial beasts' powers now diminished, his followers carried on to calm the war and try to bring peace back.

The powers of the celestial beasts with them, the followers then divided the people's magic into eight different fractions, so that no single element would have the power to cause such a worldwide catastrophe ever again. The Dark tribe's powers were divided into the elements of Fire, Thunder, Earth and Machine. The Light tribe's powers were likewise divided into the elements of Water, Ice, Wind and Nature. Afterwards, the followers sealed off their weapons in hidden locations, so that the powers of the celestial beasts may never again be abused.

However, the after-effects of the Great War lasted for centuries. The great era of battles began, in which opposig nations fought in numerous battles, as if carrying on what their ancestors' had started. Fire against Water, Thunder against Ice, Earth against Wind, Machine against Nature - the world fell into chaos. After centuries of battles which left scars on the world's surface, humanity finally decided to come under united command-hence the formation of the United World Army, or the UWA. The UWA served to maintain a high standard of living for all nations in the world, big or small. Their objective was to make sure everyone was happy. A sense of peace was at last prevalent in the world.

Present day, two separate criminal organisations, Nightmare and Illuminous (working names), are working at large into reviving the powers of the fabled Ethereal Spring. Fearing that another catastrophe could strike, the UWA is quick to acknowledge the two as serious threats, and hence set their primary goal to counter their advances with the united powers of wizards of all elemental prowesses.

However, with the antagonistic forces growing ever stronger, even such a unity could prove lacking.

Enter Raito! He isn't the best wizard out there, nor does he have the self confidence to believe that he could be. However, blessed with the talents of his late grandfather, and some mysterious power that everyone sees in him, Raito begins to harness the wind elemental gifts he received from his bloodline. Following his family's footsteps, Raito joins the UWA and begins his journey to attaining mastery of his powers and to establish his contribution in maintaining world peace.

As the evil organisations grow ever closer to uncovering the secrets of the Ethereal Spring, the world could be on the brink of a major crisis. It is high time for the new generation of wizards to raise a hero to counter the inevitable. Join Raito as he teams up with a mysterious woman and many others in his own story of defiance against the dark arts, while uncovering ravishing information about the world he lives in.

TL;DR Version (Not Recommended):

Spoiler

Many years ago, wizards of the Light tribe and Dark tribe lived in harmony alongside celestial beasts. However, fearing attack from the Light tribe, the Dark tribe began harnessing the powers of the celestial beasts and eventually synthesized a "Miracle Water" which granted them unbelievable powers. This was mass produced to produce a lake which they called Ethereal Spring. However, although the powers were meant for self defence, the great increase in strength drove the Dark tribe people crazy, and a war ensued between the Light tribe and the Dark tribe.

As the Light tribe were just about losing, a hero emerged and, with the help of his devoted comrades, sealed off the celestial beasts into the weapons of his comrades and sealed off the Ethereal Spring at the cost of his own life. His comrades used the powers to divide the people's magic into eight elements so that no element became too strong. They then proceeded to seal and hide their weapons away to prevent misuse of the celestial beast's powers.

Even so, the tribe of the eight elements carried on their battles for the next few centuries, until peace was finally achieved with the formation of the United World Army, the UWA.

Present day, two seperate criminal organisations, Nightmare and Illuminous (working names) are working at large to revive the powers of the Ethereal Spring. It is upto the UWA to stop them.

Enter Raito! Following his family's footsteps, Raito joins the UWA and begins his journey to attaining mastery of his powers and to establish his contribution in maintaining world peace.

As the evil organisations grow ever closer to uncovering the secrets of the Ethereal Spring, the world could be on the brink of a major crisis. It is high time for the new generation of wizards to raise a hero to counter the inevitable. Join Raito as he teams up with a mysterious woman and many others in his own story of defiance against the dark arts, while uncovering ravishing information about the world he lives in.

Spoiler

Raito

A lazy and seemingly talentless young wizard, Raito doesn't believe he has anything special in him, but everyone around him thinks otherwise.

Victoria

A woman of few words, Victoria is almost the polar opposite of Raito. She is well aware of her situation, and the current state of the world. She decides to take the entire burden herself, and put an end to things with her own hands.

More coming soon...

Spoiler

The Enchanted Forest:

Spoiler

P.S: First time/Newbie Parallax mapper here. So please judge accordingly ^_^

Hiliga Village [ Not available till v2.00 :(  ]:

Spoiler

The Hiliga Cliffs [ Not available till v2.00 :(  ]:

Spoiler

A penalty shootout mini-game that I evented. I'll post a tutorial if there's enough demand for one:

Spoiler

Battle:

Spoiler

Socketing System:

Spoiler

Action Sequences that I'm working on:

Spoiler

I want to make my skills as visually impressive as possible, and so I'm going to post some GIFs of original action sequences I'm working on. These sequences are not final and are subject to change.

Aura Sphere:

Spoiler

Tornadus:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Weapon Customization

Smart Enemy A.I.

Unique Puzzles, Riddles and Mini-games

Visually Appealing Skills

Varied Gameplay Mechanics

Active Time Battle

Epic Story

*Note: Some features may be unavailable in the initial release.

Spoiler

Plugins:

Spoiler

Yanfly
Moghunter
Bobstah
Liquidize
Fox 536
Mark Przepiora
Galv
Shaz
Iavra
Estriole
Hudell
Amuseum
DragoonKain
Hime
Kuoushi
Nelderson
Dekita
Atreyo Ray
Jeneeus Guruman

Audio:

Spoiler

Waterflame
EliteFerrex
nietzlaw
eatmeatleet
Mawnz
McTricky

and some audio made by myself

Graphics:

Spoiler

ByBibo

Kaus

Pandamaru

Cvrtis

Kadokawa RPG Maker MV RTP set
Kadokawa RPG Maker MV Character Generator
RPG Maker VX Ace Futuristic Tilesets.

and Kadokawa for the creation of the software RPG Maker MV.

P.S: I tried my best and I hope I didn't miss anybody. I'll have a second look through and update this if I missed crediting anyone.

Spoiler

This is the main project I am working on for MV. I will be working on some side projects but those will be wholly geared to gaining experience so that I can make this game as best as I can. The initial demo will be released once I finish balancing out the game, testing it thoroughly to avoid game breaking bugs and what not.

If you wish to aid me or are interested in working together, PM me. I'll gladly help you out in your project as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SPP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Personal opinions from just graphics:

-I'm really digging the action sequence. :D

-I don't really like it when the command menu is above the current actor. It feels messy and a bit all over the place, I usually like it when it's only one side.

-the river in the cliffs look too bland.

-the npcs should vary in looks a bit for the village, it looks a bit weird looking at that screen only.(unless they're twins ^^)

Disclaimer: this is only my opinion and only based on screenshots and may vary with other people's thoughts.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Huh, look who moved on to MV. It's looking good so far, that action sequence is fantastic. Can we get a screenshot of the weapon customization? 

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SPP Thanks for liking the action sequence! I'll post more when I get the chance and, if there's enough demand, I'll maybe make a separate thread on how to do these ^_^

And about the rest of the graphics, I posted this thread before the initial release for feedback such as this, so that I can improve on these points and make the game as appealing as possible.

@BlackLiquidSorrow Yeah back when I was making this in VX Ace, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I was a total noob at game development. My features were all over the place, my skills were very limited and there was a lack of creative gameplay. But looking back at it now, I've come a long way forward and am much more experienced at game design.

Still have a lot to learn though, but making progress for sure ^_^

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:: UPDATE ::

Added GIF of another action sequence: Tornadus!

Added screenshots of the socketing system

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
nice game and action sequences. How did you get the actor to face down towards the enemy? I thought yanfly's battle plugins only allowed actors/enemies to face left or right. Is there a command to face up and down? 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tornadus looks fantastic. As for your parallax map, I'd recommend adding some plants and flowers so it looks a bit less bare.

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sol For the sprite being rotated, its a simple workaround I came up with using Guruman's Graphic Changer Plugin. I opened up my character's sv sprite in an image editor and rotated each sprite 90 degrees. I saved this as a new battler spritesheet. I then made a dummy state  which changed my battler sv sprite to the

rotated one. Its a good workaround till Yanfly decides to add rotating sprites to his action sequences  :)

@BlackLiquidSorrow I try to put my best in these action sequences ^_^. Eye candy is the best candy :)

As for the parallax map being bare, its meant to be an abandoned forest, so I thought more plants and flowers would give a much more cheerful vibe, which is unwanted. I'll add some and see how it looks though, and make changes accordingly :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BlackLiquidSorrow I try to put my best in these action sequences ^_^. Eye candy is the best candy :)

As for the parallax map being bare, its meant to be an abandoned forest, so I thought more plants and flowers would give a much more cheerful vibe, which is unwanted. I'll add some and see how it looks though, and make changes accordingly :)
Maybe add some dead leaves, bare trees, stumps. Make it look dead

Lameadventuregames

Lameadventuregames
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe add some dead leaves, bare trees, stumps. Make it look dead
I also feel having a good soundscape can take an environment even further, so for a dead forest maybe some wind and leaves rustling and also owls and the occasional wolf call. I like audacity for piecing these sorts of things together, after you do that you may find your environment leans more heavily on the sound and graphics wise less is more.

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the ideas guys! I'll see what I can do to make the forest as authentic as possible. I'll update screenshots when I'm done tinkering around.

That being said, I'll be extremely busy this week, so my next update should be coming post Christmas. I'm nearing the point where I'll be ready to release the first demo (mid-Jan maybe?), so hopefully I'll begin sorting stuff out next week.

Till then, Happy Holidays People!

taistelusopuli

Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
One word. Niiiiice!

Great action sequences, premise is interesting and the weapon enhancing with the various orb thingys is a cool feature to have. Screens look good. I'd just like to double on the water fall on the cliffs. It is very bland unless it is a very calm water fall that is just calmly streaming down along the cliff side. Otherwise, good job!

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@taistelusopuli Glad you liked the initial looks of the project!

I spent the last week or so in out-of-project rmmv learning, such as learning more of how to do the action sequences (I made plenty more which I might share soon), learning some javascript etc, getting more practise over gimp etc. For this, the project got a bit delayed, but its almost ready for the first demo :) . All my maps and events are done, and honestly I'm just waiting for Yanfly's enhanced TP plugin before I begin testing my troops and its all good to go! I (hopefully) should be done within the next two weeks...

As I see that the waterfall appears to be too bland, I'll make changes to it. That map won't be present in the first demo so I'll have plenty of time to look into that ^-^.

Thanks for the feedback :D !

taistelusopuli

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
@Naveed You are most welcome! I'd suggest checking out Paint.NET as an alternative for graphics creation. It is an easier and lighter program and I think it would be much more suitable for usual RPG maker graphics. Give it a try and see for yourself :)

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave Paint.net a try. I must say, its a really good image editing software, but since I've been using Gimp for quite a long time now, I don't think I'm going to make a switch. I'll keep the software around in case I need it. Thanks for showing it to me!

taistelusopuli

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You are most welcome! If you feel comfortable with GIMP then there is no reason the jump :) Same great results can be reached with both softwares!

littleyuri

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking really solid so far. Though I agree with SPP. Can you move the battle menu so that it doesn't cover the characters?

The weapon customization and socketing system really sells it for me.

About the names of the gems. They look odd. Probably because of the letter compression?

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the really long delay. Working solo is dayum difficult and there's just never enough hours in a day. *sigh*

That being said, Ethereal Spring v1.00 is finally released! OP has been updated with the download link. ~weeeeeee

I appreciate any sort of feedback, positive and negative. Go out there and throw all the harsh words you ever knew!

(Some of the screenshots have to be updated as they have been changed. I'll do that later today.)  DONE!

(Mac download coming soon!)  Its Available!

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Mac download coming soon? Awesome!

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated OP with updated screenshots.

Also, Ethereal Spring v1.00 is now available for Mac! OP has been updated with download link ^_^.

P.S: I do not own a mac device, and so was unable to test if the Mac deployment has any problems whatsoever. I humbly request any mac user to let me know if there's any problems with the Mac version. Thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amipepper