BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The first of Eucraton series that has been on drafting since 2008 and that designs are completely revamped and rebooted to fit the RPG Maker VX Ace current series.

Disclaimer: Some level of hard language, violence and some level of crude speaking between characters. This contains some Mature content. (The demo will show some of this)

-----------------------

Prologue Early Alpha Version is Now Available.

-------------------------

Open this at your risk. Spoiler Alert: 

W9JEfmp.jpg

"Will you entertain me? Will you not bore me? Will you... please hear what I have to say?"

"A massive Paradigm Shift that breaks foundations of common sense and creates massive paradoxes. Fallacies of the world, Dreams of the Future or the Past.."

"Changes in Worldline Occuring... Irregularity has broken the laws of causality. Butterfly Effect is now in place."

On Indefinite Hiatus until I have a direction in the story. If at all possible, the series could be rebooted again.

You are a normal, stereotypical budding squire with the powers equivalent to a Fire Swordsman in every way. Nothing much special about you. But are you? Also, you have to travel through Toroque with your master who happens to be a really big and great green master with all its glory. But you had to wonder.. Why do you need to go there? What is the purpose? And also, what sort of reason did you have to go through all that? Does a reason really matter? You'll have to find out the truth among these fallacies and dreams, but is it truly worth the time and effort?

As you travel, you will uncover many things. As to the roles of the characters being as bland as it is as well as a very unorganized world is layed out. Will logic even matter in this world? How would the people survive in this world that is full of Role-Playing dangers ahead of them.

The Toroque region is popular for its one thing; "Role-Playing". Many have been trying to solve the mysteries of why Toroque is governed in such a way or designed in such a matter. The government or main politics of this region knows the truth but kept their big mouth shut for the sake of providing "mystery" to guests who are willing to traverse the entire region to learn the mechanics and the truth. However, many unknown factions may have discovered the truth earlier than what even the region's main council knows. And many other side-plots are played behind the scenes that are unbeknownst to the residents and the people there. But the big question is, will you, the Player, know the truth of this region and its structure? And after learning the truth, will you embrace the fallacies of this world and fulfill the dreams of the people?

You will travel along the Toroque region for a purpose and there will be several blockades in your way. Without knowing, you are pushed into a world you have not even know before and the rules are all layed out like the law should. What is the meaning of this and why does Role-Playing become such a huge deal in this region? Does all of them follow a Fate or Destiny that we are meant to go through? Do we not have our freedom? Is everything what it seems? Will you continue to hurt many creatures on your way to discover the truth? Of course you do..

However, as you progress, paradoxes suddenly begins to occur, leading to easy entry for irregularities to occur. What makes sense doesn't make sense. What chronological order once had was once lost.

What is the real truth and what is a real lie? And what will you do to ensure the possibilities you have chosen would amount to anything of merit... 

Only you can know the truth.

Will you spur an effect so big, it would change the foundation of all possibilities in the future? Will you still embrace the mistakes of the irregularity and the world's conception to make the truth itself known? Or will you

continue along a linear path, accepting the outcome of the world that has been provided to you?

-  A story about a journey of discovery, acceptance and most importantly, about bonds, and about saving not the world they hold so dear, but save themselves from being lost from the overwhelming trials that is to befall the cast.

- Front-style Turn-Based RPG system

- Pictures as Cutscenes

- Skill Equip System -> Allows equipping skills up to 12 skills for each party member.

- Parameter Increase System - Increases stats for specific characters. This is the "easy mode" of the game.

- Field Interaction - Using skills to move or destroy obstacles, also does other things. (Inspired from Golden Sun's Psyenergy use, though can't be used in all fields)

- Visual Novel Choices -> Allows choices that influences decisions and interface options also changes the slight difference in influencing your characters, and possibly cause events later in-game to take into effect.

- Keep in mind that some of these aren't polished, so there may be bugs and errors on the field in the demo. As this is the first time I developed this game, Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. c:

- More to come..

Currently it is as is, the other face icons will be placed soon.

Saio [Default Name] - Your puppet that you control. You mostly will look over the eyes of this 10-year old Squire who has the potential of a Fire Swordsman inside of him. An average swordsman who happens to be the one who will view the truth of the Toroque region with your own eyes. A down-to-earth, but caring person who will be guided by the Player, namely you. And you need to guide him through to lead him to find Master. His personality will develop over the course of the story, though he tries his best to be as mature as his master. Thus, part of his personality will stem some from his master. Of course, he doesn't know it..but the residents may know something about your presence... He was found by Gergoss since birth and you don't really remember much about yourself. Amnesia much?

Mika%20-%20Will_zpsidkcomlk.png

Mika - A fourth-wall breaker Master Magician who learns the awesome "Tri Magic Attack". She yearns to reach the World Magic Tournament in Central. But will everything goes as planned? She seems to know more than she's letting on and knows your existence as well.

These characters are spoilers, read at your own risk.

Majin Zubher

Majin%20Zubher%20-%20Grin_zpsststsjcb.png

"I am FABULOSO!"

A strange genie with unpredictable notions. His reasoning for helping you is unknown. However, he may be concealing something you don't know and he has his own agenda in terms of how he does things. He has his "rules" that he must abide by and as a Majin, he is extremely powerful, physical and magical wise. However, he seems to have a tendency to act under the interest of his own personal gain. However cheeky and energetic he may be, he may be suffering from what is called "melancholy". And currently, he is excited and interested over our main protagonist. Why? 'No spoilers', he said.

Hinashi1_zpst4gjcmsj.png

Hinashi - A character not revealed until Chapter 1, she is a girl with many mysteries. Mainly about her powers and her history. What is she? How powerful she is? Who knows?

FacialSetExpressions%20-%20Ship_zpsxobi90zz.png

Isuzu - An archer who is also participating in the World Magic Tournament.

Isakhar - A beast who happens to be hunted by the current incarnation of Ifrit to become the next successor of the Ifrit lineage.

Sebic - A man who can be summed up in one word. "Douchebag".

Ifrit%20-%20Normal_zpszdkzazoo.png

Ifrit- X5540 : The 5540th incarnation of Ifrit. Wishes to ensure that the next generation of Ifrit is Isakhar.

Pirates - The trio self-proclaimed pirates who doesn't act like one and doesn't seem to look like one. Likely called the trio of "demons", they have unknown goals, yet they seem to live on their own creed.

FacialSetExpressions-Pirates_zpsykceojgq.png

Sorac - The hot-headed, easily pissed off imp that has an attitude.

Zezock - The extremely loyal creature with a hearthy personality, though a bit stubborn at times.

Rarom - A mysterious Sahagin who has a past. Though unwilling to share, he is strong-headed and stoic with powers that can scare.

Blacksmith Obron - Named by the old legends as Goblin King Redmax. He played a huge role in the Great Northwestern War as an antagonist force against the Upper Class Echelon of the High Masters. He was known to be incredibly powerful. However, he decided that he is tired of fighting and quit his role as a Goblin King, retiring from the process. Although his powers greatly suppressed for the sake of getting along with the people of Adaxia, whom he has a fond of, he takes an interest in using his powers as a means to help others. And his role as a blacksmith proved to be the perfect role for him, thanks to his knowledge of war and his amazing crafting talent.

Other Characters:

Aura%20-%20Calm_zpsaj3stzln.png

Aura - A strange oracle with strange powers. She herself seems rather knowledgeable and is very aware of the party's adventures and upcoming trials. Though she herself is not a perfect oracle, she strives to be the current record keeper of the Archives, the ancient knowledge of a good majority of history in and out of the current world and dimension. She is a mortal and possibly could reach her end at some point in time, anticipating for a successor to continue her legacy of being the Record Keeper.

Brobus%20-%20Normal_zps9yav3znw.png

Brobus - An ancient creature meant to destroy and burn books and turn them into evil entities. However, he himself now serves as the assistant to the Record Keeper Aura, helping with the archives and assisting in any way he can. He has a history with her which leads to him serving her and stopped his destructive rampage of books. He himself wishes to serve Aura as long as she is alive. However, he was appalled at the coming of Aura's passing, leading to him to make a choice that could possibly change him forever. 

Almegor%20-%20Slightly%20Pissed_zpsc6fnvsjd.png

Almegor - A professor of the Laboratory Compound in a certain area. Almegor is cruel, calculating and cold to the bone with a psychotic sense of art and no sense of attachment to humans and creatures. Despite this demeanor, he is calm and collected. Yet he brings an aura that cannot be described by words alone. Majin Zubher claimed that he suddenly appeared out of nowhere and started advancing technology beyond the normal standards of the current time. He himself has proposed the technology to mutilate humans into creatures by manipulating DNA and essence together in order to create a hybrid human being, surprisingly with varying results.

Vampeer%20-%20Normal_zpsi1mwmsd8.png

Vampeer - A vampire now relocated due to him being commissioned by the King of Archanus in order to train soldiers both mentally and physically with puzzles and the like. Has a history with Majin Zubher. He himself is not fond of battling and isn't all that interested in vehemently sucking blood, instead intrigued by wordplay puzzles and riddles that can test both the mind in a more educational way. 

Forzo%20-%20Normal_zpssisglpxu.png

Forzo - A mysterious imp with mysterious origins. He is someone who has gone through the horrors of his time. He is trying to get over it, but its still difficult for him. Will you be the one to comfort him? Also, he seems to know Mika for some reason. But what we don't know is.. What, Why and How?

Master Gergoss - Saio's Master who is going on this trip to Toroque to find "something" or "someone" for reasons unknown and not disclosed. The hero of Adaxia who happens to be residents of a reformed community between creatures and humans alike. Very, very strong and powerful but hides a deep secret that even his pupil doesn't even know and he has stayed with him for over 10 years.

Demo:

Updated Demo v.0.0.1b

Verson v.0.03c - Delayed

Version v.0.0.2b - Note: There are a lot of parallax and battleback problems in this version. This may be fixed in the v.0.0.3 version. You also get to spoil yourself a lot of Chapter 1 Onward's Soundtrack from this version.

Spoiler

Engine:

Enterbrain - RPG Maker VX Ace

Scripts Used:

Yanfly - Engine Scripts -> A good majority of the scripts
Hime Works
Tomy@Kamesoft - Translated by Mr. Bubble
Moghunter
Mr Trivel
Galv
YanPac
JVScripts
Prexus
NerdiGaming

Shadowmaster9000

Maker Systems - RPG Maker Source

Credits to:

KilloZapit

Trihan 

Graphics: 

Tilesets by RPG Maker VX Ace RTP
Some by BerryB

Music:

Mostly by RPG Maker VX Ace RTP 

Remix Versions of RPG Maker VX

Remix Versions of RPG Maker XP

Remix Versions of RPG Maker 2003

RPG Maker MV RTP + Extra DLC Resource Pack

With additional tracks made with Music Maker (prepared by BerryB)

- Most Battlers, Backgrounds and Most Face Art -

BerryB: Revamping all the Art fitting the Style of Game 

RPG Maker 2000 - Revamp

RPG Maker 2003 - Revamp

RPG Maker XP - Revamp

Thalzon Battlers -  Revamp

Tyler Warren Battlers - Revamp

Magellan Battlers - Revamp

RPG Maker VX Ace RTP

- Event Scripting + Story -

BerryB

Screenshots:

Last edited by a moderator:

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are you drawing the art yourself? Nice job if you did.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Are you drawing the art yourself? Nice job if you did.

Yeah. I'm the one who draw the graphics of this game. I'm still working out the animations of the characters since I'm still a budding artist at the moment. I'm not really good at drawing at the moment and this little game is something of my own "experiment" with things. But yeah.. Thanks. 

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. Looks like I'd best update things as to what's going on. 

I'm planning on a release of a demo pretty soon which features the first dungeon (Tutorial dungeon) and the second and third dungeon (Half of it, that is). As a first time, amateur RPG Maker Fan, I can't help but feel enlightened over this creation. And as expected, there are flaws, which I have...tried to suppress for now until I hear your opinions on the matter. 

(As a realist, I think of every worst possible outcome, which isn't healthy)

Just to note: Mikapedia is available on the menu, but it will not show anything much until much, much later in the development area. I'm still looking for ways to make the Mikapedia more interesting and I want to make it better. If you guys have any ideas as to what you guys want, tell me later or I'll make a poll for it. 

Also, battle balance may be a slightly tad off. Though also, there are 2 ways you can go about doing battles. 2 methods that you can go through battles. However, the other method is a little bit more extreme. I call the following methods, non-grinding and grinding methods. Find out for yourself how they work.

Anyways, the first dungeon and the second dungeon has at least been roughly fleshed out. Its not going to be fancy, original and perfect as I will be using basic assets from the RTP. However, if I have the time for it, I might improve the graphics once I learned how to properly draw tilesets (as I'm not that great at it).

My knowledge of programming is still poor as I don't know much Ruby scripting. So, please try not to push me too heavily on the matter in terms of bugs, and codes on this one. Also, feedback is welcome in terms of story and quality. I think it still needs a bit more fleshing out, so leave your thoughts if possible.

In terms of art, I'm also still learning. Keep this in mind when responding to certain things.

With that all said, more development pictures from my end:

Battler Assets:

ketouille1.png

savenarge1.png

trap2.png

Sprang.png

blue slime.png

This will NOT be in the demo for now, but spoil yourself away. (Also spoils you 2-3 new characters, if you are interested)

The main "protagonists" - In its draftest form:

blue slime.png

Sprang.png

trap2.png

savenarge1.png

ketouille1.png

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I like the art. :) It's simple and a bit childish (?) but it suits the age of your characters. Although isn't 10 years old a bit too young to be a fire swordsman and traveling around the world? XD

The story could use a little more details, perhaps, so we could properly judge it? :) I find it a little difficult at the moment to connect the story with the characters and all. XD

Good luck on your project and looking forward to hearing more. ^^

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I like the art. :) It's simple and a bit childish (?) but it suits the age of your characters. Although isn't 10 years old a bit too young to be a fire swordsman and traveling around the world? XD

The story could use a little more details, perhaps, so we could properly judge it? :) I find it a little difficult at the moment to connect the story with the characters and all. XD

Good luck on your project and looking forward to hearing more. ^^
Thanks. I understand that the details on the story isn't detailed enough that it would give a more proper judgment. When I can get the demo out, I can properly edit them when I get them out. I do need to add more descriptions, but I will get on with that eventually. So be patient on that matter. c:

10 years old IS a bit too young, I suppose. But I'll push in a little more detail just down the line later about the main cast (and add some new ones to the mix) when the demo's released. c:

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By 5/04/2015: "Rigggghhhhttt...April fools is over.. so we're done with the jokes and stuff, right?"

Edit: Demo will be redownloaded once I find the problem with the crash.

I have added some cutscenes, but they are not developed well enough, seems to be rushed out a bit. We'll have to wait and see what you guys think.

Also, I have done too much playtesting on my own. Since I'm doing most of it all on my own, I want to hear your side of the story. What you think of the characters, the nonsensical story and plot as well as the mechanics. I'm still new to this despite the fact that I have drafted this on RPG Maker VX. The transition is a bit of a change in me, so I'm a total newbie at this. Though my "draft" is highly unbalanced and its difficulty curve is high. I'm not joking. Playtesting that for awhile kind of made me dry and lose my mojo with the draft so I discontinued it. Thankfully, it wasn't posted anywhere, so good.

Things to note:

- Skills that are interactable are only Fire and Ice magic at the moment. There will be more once the Prologue is further fleshed out.

- Animations will be from RTP but I could make several of my own. Though that would take time.

- The demo's playtime would be around 30-45 minutes. If you speedrun it, 20-25 minutes, depending on the difficulty.

I will also introduce to you to the parameter system.

RPP1_zpsugfuirlt.png

This system is a life saver for your character since the moment you set to the tutorial level..You're going to find that you will die in about 2-3 hits or you lack in firepower. This helps to rectify it by adding your stats to bolster you character. Using a parameter system, characters boost their stats (possibly breaking their limit if you focus it right). However, once you allocate stats, its permanent. (SMT-style allocation kind of thing) Also, each characters' stats change differently in accordance to their class and growth. Hence, some may develop HP and Defense slower while their MP development is high. Or their attack stat growth is high in exchange for low defense increase. It all depends on how you choose it. Though at some points, you may feel a little forced to go through using this in a specific build. There will be more bosses to rectify this but not in the demo, so we'll have to see how it goes.

And most importantly, the next release of the more fleshed out demo will set in July. However, should I have other "life-related" things to work on, this is not guaranteed. It may be pushed back as far as September due to the sheer amount of assets needed to be created. As well as adding more of the busts AND remake tilesets for every important characters/dungeon in the story.

Here are some of the things you'll find in the old one compared to the new one. Spoilers ahead. 

Old One:

PastSelfMika_zpsntybm9ek.png

YeOld_zpsezpwbjdv.png

TitleOld_zpsdjvxnbhv.png

New One: 

newMika_zps2clps4xq.png
There will be one more thing for me to show you before the end of this update and the demo release.

How the cutscenes will work out?

Spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.

cutscene1_zpsbpl3yhbv.png

Background%20battle%20same%20as%20pic._zpsptmvuvuf.png
This is the finished content that will be expected in the demo:

- First 2.25 unfleshed dungeon levels.

- 3 Cutscene scenes

- Dungeon RTP Maps

This is the unfinished content that will/may be adapted and implemented in the next demo build.

Super heavy spoiler sketches!

Scene1_zpsxnzbwe4n.png

Scene2D_zpstj35lvyw.png
- More cutscenes

- The full prologue storyline

- Heavy Cutscene-Based Opening (Skippable, but it took a lot of effort for me to get this done)

- More busts for more characters

- 5 dungeons and an optional dungeon which allows you to bond with an extra character if completed.

- DLC (Past Memories DLC content. I'll let your imagination guess this out)<in consideration, not confirmed>

- Tileset revamp <Some tilesets will be original>

- Original Music (Highly debatable, still not confirmed)

Leave your thoughts on what you think about the game. It will be short, so I hope I can learn from this and improve on my own.. (How devoted of me...Haha...) 

Well... do it for MZ's sake though.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay. Updating the game now. Finally, I was able to get through this a little bit.

The demo I posted earlier had a few problems thanks to a feedback from a playtester. So, I addressed these issues by balancing the game enemies such that they won't kill you in the first turn (should there be any surprises) early on in the game. In addition, I will be changing some of the used BGM in the game to make way for some amateur tracks made by me. I'm not a great music maker editor/composer nor am I a musician, but I should put an effort to try make something not from the RTP. Tell me what you think. I think it has too much beats and may seem off putting (to some people) with the game's setting, but it is what I'm going for. If you think it hinders immersion of the game, I'll change it back to the usual RTP.

Also as a side note, I do notice that some of the elements of this game is more on the side of telling than showing. This is because I still need to flesh out cutscenes properly. I'm an amateur at event scripting and I'm still learning myself. I would like to see feedback from you guys and tell me what did I do wrong with this, if you wanted to. Keep in mind that this game is intended for a mix mash between sugar and salt. An RPG and a Visual Novel. It may seem like a bad mix, but this is a little experiment I'm trying to work out the kinks for. So any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

Other things I add in the demo that were fixed: v.0.0.1b

- Proper title screen (to differentiate between New Game and End Game, and adds a little more meaning to the title)

- Fixed a few graphic errors (If there is any more that I missed, PM me on it or tell me)

- Tutorial Battles and Tutorial Dungeon 1 is now as intended, as tutorial levels. Balanced Treetrunk and Sprang's stats and damage output. Slime and Blacksmith Obron's stats remain as is though.

- Added more tutorial function involving using Parameters and Skill Equip in-game, though as text at the moment.

- New Soundtrack for Battle Theme, Boss Themes and one of the Dungeon themes.

- Refurnished dungeons (Amateur as it is, still needs fixing on Maps, Parallax and Tints)

- Added cutscenes for more variety.

If you guys want to see how the cutscene art development's going along... Well.. You can see more pictures and dev pics here. It is not finalized and will not appear in the demo, so spoilers ahead. It still in its rough stages and lacks the details needed so it won't be in the v.0.0.1b build.

Color Draft - Almost done, with little edits remaining:

HowIsuzumetIsakhar_zpssmc4hacw.png

BedTime_zps0rl94w4j.png

Masterrr_zps1pexq7to.png

Hahahahaha2_zpsxwhb5uou.png

scenemz1a_zpsik3xlouz.png

New Battlers:

Bellus_zpsoq1krsx3.png

Chiki_zpst7lpjh26.png

Imp1_zpslzk20cem.png

hebi_zps47sisc4i.png

Sketches:

Sketch2_zps9nfsrekx.png

Scene3_zpsx0o8n6r8.png

Sketch1_zpsvtewyojq.png
As for more of the game side arc... Still need to work things out and flesh the maps out. But here's a spoiler on what to expect on the next few builds. (Not all of them will come in the demo)

Ice%20Palace1_zpssfj1ymu1.png

Home_zpsmwnxzd4h.png

Palace_zpsykxwr60q.png

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
8/06/2015 - 

Hey there. It's been awhile since I last updated this. I've been pretty preoccupied with stuff, namely creating a game with a dev team. But I can tell you that development on the next build is moving smoothly. I believe the Prologue is nearing its completion in terms of mechanics and flow of the story.

If you really want pictures... Then I could probably give you some now in terms of art and development and a little bit on the draft section.

The old MZ vs new MZ

Olde_zps8vspreke.png
Cutscenes Galore

Cutscenes%20Galore_zpshcpnbmec.png
And I'm going to also make a soundcloud of my own to create some of the tracks I manipulated with Music Maker 2015. It's not much, but I hope it's worth it. I do want to see if it kinda does well or not. I'm showing you one of the tracks in the game. I'll try to get it working later.

The Great Layer of Toroque - AmateurSoundtrack 

I'll show you some of the content from the game itself and a little bit of what's to see in the Prologue cutscene.

What%20the_zpsw78oxxvn.png

VisualNovel2_zpsw9bzn0rs.png
Sorry if it's not much for now. But I'm still pretty preoccupied with other matters right now. Just wanted to let you know that development is still ongoing.

David Lister

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Great Layer of Toroque - AmateurSoundtrack - Still doesn't work. I'll see what I can do later.
This track is set to "private" on SoundCloud.  That's probably why it isn't embedding properly on your post.  However, the link below it works just fine, so people should still be able to audition the piece by clicking on the link.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This track is set to "private" on SoundCloud.  That's probably why it isn't embedding properly on your post.  However, the link below it works just fine, so people should still be able to audition the piece by clicking on the link.
It worked. I'm a little hesitant in making it public, but nothing I can do for now. Thank you for that.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally. I've been so busy with schedule that I didn't have the time to work this out so much. But now that I do, I'm going to show you how much progress report I'm making and a quick news announcement.

DLC#1 is finally a thing. And this DLC will affect greatly on the plot. Heavily based on the Butterfly Effect, the DLC will be vague to those who have not played the story until full and anyone who attempted this DLC will be baffled by the plot loopholes. But once other version will unlock, if you play the DLC, it will have greater meaning and context into the game. It will take some time to plan this out ahead, hence the delays for the development process. Also, need to finish a lot more classes on my end... but I might hopefully get more time to work on it in the coming days until I can properly get it released. I need to check for characterization and plot nonsense that doesn't fit into the entire picture and see where I can go from there. 

Spoilers:

Gergoss and Hinashi appears in this DLC and if you follow it, whether you understand it or not, will gain you extra Role-Playing Points for Allocation.

Also, this is turning more and more into a Visual Novel...the more dialogue I put this in... 

Also, extra 2 special characters revealed in-game.
If you want my progress report on the entire thing, this image should show it better than I could tell you.

Eucraton%20-%20Promo%201_zpsifabdfou.png

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Announcement /The Gist: <Note: I will put all announcements here on this post from now on, for easy access>

The next build release, entailing most of the entire prologue release + DLC Past Memories Reopened - Somewhere December.

After the DLC beta release is over, DLC will stop until next period of DLC pack.

DLC storylines follows a completely different branch that may or may not change the story completely. However, this will still converge into the same plot, provided you follow the direction of the DLC route.

Next build will entail Chapter 1's storyline. Depending on your actions in the prologue, Chapter 1 will either be the normal story route or the DLC story route. However, this will converge into one plot at the current point in time.

Game Development - Images:

New Feature: Mikapedia - A.K.A - MikaDeBuk

DLC_zpssttvbupp.png

- Bestiary - Covers enemies that have been defeated.

EnemyBestiary_zpsgalzfj21.png

- Haste Section - For faster play and reduce random encounter distress, but it also has its disadvantages. A mechanic that helps in-game (somewhat)

speed%20settings_zpslk2mrppx.png

- DLC Download Pack - Download all the DLC pack in-game, provided it is available.

New Character: Kishinuma the NPC guy

- A farmer with the intention of learning the outside world, outside his boundaries. What stops him is his really poor aptitude for anything.

- He may be useless at first, but don't be fooled. He might be useful if you treat him the right way.

New Guest Characters: The Pirate Trio

- Sorac is frail and average in all stats, but has amazing all around status ailment skills as well as the high-class Flare magic skill.

- Zezock is a tank, has high HP and all around good Attack and Defense stats. He is poor otherwise, his skill pool isn't something exemplary, but his powers still packs a powerful punch.

- Rarom, the leader, has relatively no magic skills to contribute, but is able to attack up to 6 times, making him a physical nuke.

New Guest Characters: The Original Partners

- Isuzu is frail with average skills and stats, capable of wind magic and archery skills. Her dexterity is not to be underestimated.

- Isakhar has powerful fire skills with powerful physical aptitude, although slow and not magic-oriented. However, he has a fire ability that can actually hurt fire if trained properly.

Rebalancing Characters: Mika

- RPP distribution will increase her HP and MP stats, making her stats equivalent to Magician-Hero Class.

Rebalancing Characters: Forzo

- Agility stat increased, rebalancing physical stats for balanced damage.

Change some of the lines of NPC's in Ache Village.

- Reduce all the over-the-top lines and add some flavor to the villagers.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note: Because this is an beta alpha version. Some of the dialogues, cutscenes and even designs in-game MAY change based on either my trial run or your feedback. Whichever works.

Released version demo 0.0.2b. :

Includes extra content from before and DLC pack along with extra dungeon.

What's released:

Special Remix Soundtrack of RPG Makers from recent (XP and VX) which will be implemented more in Chapter 1 than the Prologue.

Extra Dungeons (About 2.5+ Mandatory Dungeons, 1 Optional Dungeon, 1 DLC Dungeon)

DLC#1 - Past Memories - Special Characters you Battle that will Shift the Outcome of the Story in a whole new proportion. 

SPOILER ALERT: If you want to open this, fine. But this will spoil the DLC content. So if you don't want to be spoiled, don't open this spoiler attachment.

Development Images:

BattleDLC1%20-%20With%20Memories_zpslneaa5cb.png

Spies_zpsfclutyxj.png

Crying%20More_zpsup3k9v51.png

I%20miss%20her_zpsh1tlkgg3.png

New%20Character%202_zpsclqmzh7f.png

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The temporary beta  alpha release is now over. But now that I think that I have the formula down, I'm considering moving/rechanging this to Project Development post on this. (I don't know if this is possible though..) But right now, if there aren't any feedback on this, I suppose I might as well continue with the formula I've got and complete Chapter 1. Once Chapter 1 is complete, Chapter 2 will be shorter and Chapter 3 will be the relative "finale" of the Chapter. So in total.. about 4-5 hours of play in total? I have been developing at least 2 more DLC's that will lead to the "Good Ending" of the game and tie in the plot while raising more questions.

Also, I'll be getting RPG Maker MV, but I won't be transferring anything from here to there. This game will be made in VX Ace. (For those of you who wanted to know..)

As for gameplay, I won't be bringing anything new to the table anymore, it would be too complicated to add more gameplay features at this stage. I might as well risk losing gameplay originality and go for the usual RPG style. But I do want to consider puzzle solving.. but I suppose it's not going to work here. The puzzles I've made on this series are quite simple honestly. Getting more features in and getting into more of the complexity of the design will take me hours to figure out. But I digress..

As you may see, Chapter 1's Art will vastly "Level UP" massively (or slightly) from the Prologue's Art.. Its because those are developed last year. It hasn't changed all that much really.. but there are slightly more details now than before. This is a little "experiment" of mine after all. 

-----------

In addition, I will probably add effects on both the prologue and Chapter 1. That's probably why it might take awhile for this to be done.

Plus, I haven't started Chapter 2 and 3 yet.. which I should since I've planned on its complete release by end of 2016 or early 2017... I think.

Anyways, enough banter.. From the development stage, I've made a few spoilery things from the development stage of Chapter 1:

Library_zpsdqhq6w7c.png

The%20Great%20Archive%20Library_zpssyce6ibo.png

Development Game Images:

Touching%20his%20Nose_zpskwaiahgd.png

You get to touch your main character's nose.

Danger_zpsdhvux25m.png

Chapter%201%20-%20part%202_zpsdgjl5cry.png

Chapter%201%20-%20part%203_zps5cumiqlj.png

Yakusoku%20no%20Paradigm_zpsuzakciir.png

Chapter%201%20-%20part%201_zpsfpdru0fs.png

Special Spoiler Scenes:

Scene%20Spoilers%202_zpswrc6pzwg.png

Scene%20Spoilers_zpsedflkkg0.png
Who's that Character?!

Whos%20that%20Character..PNG2_zps1f21plhh.png

Whos%20that%20Character._zpsopuzbd21.png

P.S: You get to fight a mashed up photoshopped jumble of mess. Maybe...

Also, to end this off.. I want to ask...

"Do you want an artbook gallery?"

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, this has been awhile since the last update. I've been pretty busy with classes and stuff with the addition of other stuff coming into plans and all, but I should be able to provide you guys with updates on the next part.

I'll be honest with you though. Thank you so much for people who are interested and looked at this project. While there isn't much or even new in terms of interesting gameplay or storytelling, it warms my heart to see this experimental game of mine has quite the high look count. I really appreciate it. Seriously. 3000+ views? Wow.. XD

- Right now Chapter 1 is progressing, but very very slowly. And because of the problems that arise in the progression of the plot and the diverging pathways. This will take some time to complete. And I've been testing a lot of balance for battles. I don't think I can make it as super strategic, seeing as this is the first project I want to put at least an OK effort in doing. However, I have been making progress on this and would like to share some...new information.

I will spoil you on some of the future chapters. Chapter 2 will be taking place in a massive town unlike any other. And unlike the other towns, cities and dungeons from Chapter 1, It WILL be MASSIVE. With lots of content and NPC's that may have a little more role than just saying one-liners or giving advice...maybe.

Oh, and if you're taking the DLC route. Should you find some way to beat the "special characters" and do a certain VN-style character development, you are given the ultimate diverging path where you will actually play as the 4th-breaking aficionado Majin Zubher. In other words, once Chapter 1's Part 1 is complete, Chapter 1 Part 2 will be massively different from just going through Saio's, Mika's or Forzo's routes.

And the bosses you faced in DLC#1 will join you as a permanent party member AND support group, for the very first time. This game will have support units! Support Units won't have direct control, so it is kind of random. But their skillsets are so OP, you would find their randomness be a tradeback to their OP attacks. Support characters will act after a certain turn and will only be available if specific characters are in play. Right now, I plan for only 3 Supporting Characters in the entire FaD. So, not much eh?
Of course, because of this massive plot divergence and the significance of the progression within Chapter 1 and 2, I have no choice but to prolong Chapter 1 a little bit more. However, I should have the prologue up and re-uploaded by the end of this month, maybe. By then, there should at least be enough content to play for roughly 30-1 hour, provided you look at everything. Its not long. Chapter 1, on the other hand, will be slightly longer, with more content and lots and lots of grinding (which I may put an option to remove encounters should I want to later on if people want to).

As for development process in terms of art and levels.. Well, here's a spoilery tidbit.

New%20Save%20Format_zpstekccdrj.png

Cleaner Save Files to look at.

Why%20are%20you%20doing%20this_zpsw4lggbck.png

Some new characters?

Hacking%20into%20the%20Gate_zpsy86yikse.png

Impending DOOM...
I can't spoil anymore! Too much restraining power is needed just to not spoil a lot of it. But I think it would be rather interesting to see this in a whole new perspective.

But as an aside..

The reason why I've been keeping a lot under wraps for now is because.. well.. I'm a pretty bad person. This is going to be so illegal, but I can tell you that I have researched a little bit or a chunk bit of the Maker community and I've been...using this game as an excuse to design a 'fanfiction' game. A bad, bad fanfiction that creates Paradigm Shifts and causes a massive error in the storyline and the world. And obviously, without permission or the OK for this, this little game crossover fanfiction will just be nothing more than a bad dream. What am I talking about, you ask? Well... I suppose if I must...

"I've made bosses nodded from decent-mediocre -> pretty ok looking RPG Maker Games. And I've been researching game left and right. And what makes it fun about these fanfic design gametests is that..well...you can't wikipedia the info because its not that extremely well known, which makes me giddy with excitement as I played it myself / watched Lets Plays of people playing them to get an understanding of the design for the game."

Yeah. I'm bad. I'm a bad, bad developer. I had to be un-original. I had to be illegal. Urgh. The pain! The pain! 

Why am I saying all this?

----

Because THIS exists in the PLAYTEST data and will likely never be in the game at all. Just a fleeting memory and just a little bit of my little "fantasy".

Warning: Major Character Spoilers for Crossover Games AND Main Games

Do not open the spoiler tag if you do NOT want to be spoiled. If you have an idea on what this is, then go ahead.

Skeleton_3 inspired by Thalzon. Inspired even further by Aldorlea Games' Undefeated Final Boss, Naltus

Dimension%20Keep_zpsh1213ss5.png

Having a battle of superbosses and evil demonlords by Tale of Two Swords. Making an appearance is Castoth, Ark's Creation of Doom and Devoid with 2 swords of super powers under his belt, the power of Rift itself, Rift Entity, now combined with Rift Manifest to create Rift Amalgamation. And special diverging events paths crossed with Merces Letifer, who once took Liara for a hostage and killed by Lann and the other casts and Terminus, the immortal soul yearn to see his sister once more, Follower of Castoth. (Note, Merces is the only one battleable.) Shocking twist will be WHAAT?! Martyn, the Headmaster!? Legionwood: Tale of Two Swords by Dark_Gaia.

Setting%20into%20Horizon%20-%20Martyn_zps10fcqegf.png

Solar%20Light%20and%20Lunar%20Dark_zpsnc83gy0j.png

Do%20you%20want%20to%20see%20this%20happen_zps1vcii3da.png

Legionwood%20Exclusive%20Superboss_zpsedazahmp.png

And the one who brings rain to Egypt, the one forever cursed by Odion, Masud from Born Under the Rain?! Born Under the Rain by LockeZ

An%20Egyptian%20Boss_zpsjdlwyjcc.png

Even more, Shocking Soul Wrenching Story Sobbing Soul Sunder with the Origins of Zero now appearing as.. special bosses?! Soul Sunder by Red Nova.
Soul%20Sunder%20DLC%20-%20Possibility_zpsmlwkrfme.png

P.S: Liara and Masud are Guest Characters...Eh...?

Yeah.. But this is all a fanfiction. A bad, bad fanfiction.... And I don't think I will even make this a reality because.. well ownership and copyright... But I guess I can put this here since I'm practicing their battle strategies...

And I'll be honest, I've made fanfic scenarios of  DEViL::ender. And even planned on researching Star Stealing Prince, Master of the Wind, Reconstruction,and Silver Town...  

Point is: This is just a little playtest fun for me so I put it in the game because of my silly fanfic tendencies. I'm sorry if anyone sees this, being off-putted by this and if they want this removed, I'll be happy to do so.

Welp, that's all for now. I guess I'll have more development pics next time.

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty shocked. At first, I took this little game as a design concept that I tried making back in Junior Highschool and after major tweaks and finally having a little bit of "guts" to go through with this, I decided to make this one of my most experimental and very visual-CG oriented game. And you know what, this concept back then is totally different from now, with a little more oomph and more care was placed into the design of this one. I did put Visual-Novel on the design. I sacrificed mapping and a little bit of the character quality pixels for the sake of designing the battlers, backgrounds and the like due to my inexperience in coding, eventing, mapping and all. I wanted to make this story a mix baggage of tests between serious or comedic in terms of its development phases and I would have to make things much smoother and cleaner for the touch. And I will admit that I won't be bringing anything new to the table, but I'll still put my best effort to put this using RTP based assets and see where we go from there. With that being said, I will give you the final development of this month in the progress of this game and I will say this much, this may be one of the biggest updates I've ever made before 2016

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

First of all though, thank you so much for looking over this li'l project. Its nothing short of an experimental passion project that I can't express enough gratitude for looking at this. I should probably give back by giving you a full update on the development of this project that I worked almost painstakingly for the sake of just... experimenting game design on my own with its own flaws and problems within the game. I hope that whatever I'll make will be relatively okay for you guys to play. 

Spoiler

Thank%20you%20for%20looking_zpsyjwfavvi.png

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Now that I have gotten my expressions out of the way, onto the progress report. 

My idea for this is to make this a more generated crossover amongst the community, with a plot that derives around time and space, the idea of Toroque being low in terms of population of creatures, variety of creatures from other worlds is unavoidable, because of the significance and the unstable structure of Toroque to begin with, which may or may not be able to provide possibilities of many other creatures from foreign lands coming in and start causing paradigm shifts left and right in Toroque. This way I would be able to provide a little more excuse for some.. artistic choices to be made in the battlers and the creatures in general.

But yeah, basically I'm trying to test out battles for balance. But I can't do that if I test it out directly in the game engine because of the massive limitations and the lack of freedom in the game. I've been testing this all on my own because of time constraints (There's a friend who helped me out giving short feedback on v.0.0.1, but I don't have much to go on with that), but I'll be working all the entire design's overalls on my own with the limitations I have. Though I have a LOT of CG's to work off of and provide myself with Character Cells and sheets to complete the design for the game separately piece by piece, like one of those processes in 2D Animation. Though since I really haven't had a lot to work off of though, I'll have to make due with the time and effort I have on hand and see how far this will go. Though this process may be glossed over on the background assets and the character design for the game. I can say this much though, there will be a lot of process to take into consideration and along with the writing that I need to process, there's a lot to work on here.

The balance for the games is more to do with whether or not you will use the RPP system or not. I want to make sure that battles can be won without the use of an RPP system. But right now the balance curve is slightly unbalanced on that front, so I'm trying to pull off the right spice in order to make it not too spicy. Though this may not work if I tested it all on my own so I may have to ask someone to help me out on this front at a later time. Though I will say this much, the Prologue can be played without resorting to RPP. Though it will be much harder on you. Good luck on that.

Also, I've had a friend of mine tell me that blind is dangerous early on.. and later on I noticed it too as I tested it carefully, so I decided to provide better means of healing status ailments in the game later on as well as giving a fair chance at recovering blindness to some characters.

I also want to make sure that some of your choices in-game will be based on your actions you made during the game. Choosing an option, deciding to do the side-quest, doing the DLC or any of the like will lead to later chapters, despite you traversing at least the same dungeons, will be completely different. So you will be going along a converging path, but a diverging choice in storyline.

I've also noticed that the Prologue and Chapter 1 will be a lot of the usual go to town-go to dungeon-have a break formula. I will not change this. This formula stays simply because I don't have a lot of freedom to change it anymore based on the design of the game that this will come up with. Hence, this may be a little off-putting to some people, since this is a more grind-oriented game. I do need to think of other means of taking a breather of the enemies or else things may not be as fresh as I wanted it to. 

I won't give any tutorials in-game (lest you explore this yourself) but I have mentioned a feature in-game where you can increase your framerate by using the Haste Section in Mikapedia. There is an option to slow down movement as well. This may compensate the auto function and the grind feature in the battles in-game. Considering a good amount of people can be turned off from grinding on its own. Fastening the pace of battles is almost a necessity, so that's why I decided to put the whole speed functions down either way, considering that it hasn't caused any massive errors on its own. So, that's why I left it as is.

-------

If there are other developments that I can say in terms of backgrounds, art and the like, I can give you a lot of spoilery packlets that I could give you right now, right here sorted out each by their group class.

I have to thank the community of front battler Artists such as Thalzon, Tyler Warren, Magellan and the main package of the RTP from different RPG makers for this design of the overall concept. I love their art so much, so I figured.. why not? It will, to some degree, make some validation due to the nature of the narrative in Chapter 1-3. The prologue is mostly original art. Chapter 1 onwards on the other hand, will have some revamped art from them, paying homage to their amazing contribution to the RPG group. 

In-Game Battle Scenarios - <Semi-Spoilers, May or May not be in the Beta Version. This whole version will not be in the current demo version coming down soon.>

Do these look familiar to you?

More%20Tests_zps6mk45y7t.png

What%20the%20heck%20is%20going%20on%20around%20here_zpsfw0te4zg.png

Look%20Familiar_zpsqzzpp27t.png

Finalized_zpsbs3ldhvo.png

Revamp%20X_zpszosj1aam.png

Clipped%20Wings_zpsoagukia8.png

Tri%20Specials_zpshrt3otam.png

Hidden%20Pix%20Secrets_zpsu2sm5ea0.png

Special%20Thalzy_zpspizxhrl4.png

Extra - DLC - Spoilers:

Spoiler

Magellan%20Sprites%20Retranslated%202_zpsxqailgvu.png

A%20Massive%20Derivative%20of%20Dragons_zpspq3uie5k.png

Advent%20of%20Time_zpszz3ccjia.png

CUTE

Make%20the%20Cutie_zpsgplqo5uj.png

And well.. Do you think this is familiar? I don't know if I can place this in.. But I do want to put this as a small homage.. Not much, mind you.. I don't think I want to put this in.. but I probably shouldn't hide this out..

Spoiler

I don't own these characters.

GS © Camelot.

Testing%20Battle%20Scenarios_zpscvjwpsnm.png

Magi%20Balls%20-%20Inspirator%20More_zpslawv7ic8.png

Spoilery%20Stuff_zpscxxz56pn.png

Being%20friends%20is%20more%20difficult%20than%20I%20thought_zpstvlttmac.png

There's also a lot in the CG side of things too. But the majority of them are still in development.

Cutscene In-Game < Warning - Spoilers > :

Have%20I%20shown%20you%20this%20before_zpsq3fw15h0.png

How%20Cinematic_zpsqbnkd7v7.png

Derivative%20of%20the%20Truth_zps3c1dwrse.png

Cutscene CC - In development:

cid1_zpsaostzeuc.png

DEVshower_zpsm7ghkwl5.png

CharaCells1_zpsci2cznrz.png

CharaCells2_zpsynivzsqi.png

CharaCells3_zpsmwhhiatl.png

CharaCells4_zpsg8q2nlgd.png

CharaCells5_zpsw0lpfjwg.png

CharaCells6_zpsjra5i3om.png

CharaCells7_zps6jcxop0h.png

CharaCells8_zpsn71cr0o1.png

More Concrete Version - Spoilers:

Spoiler

Full%20Spoilers%20-%20Onwards_zpsoq5fn0yx.png

Falling%20Down%20-%20Again_zpsr8trtiic.png

Full%20Spoilers%20-%20Master_zpsk6ct97ec.png

Maps - Development

Spoiler

Darklab_zpsdgiu6fbb.png

Librarystairs_zpshptf8pij.png

OceanBlues_zpsu0rt863a.png

MtTemplar_zpsqu1rn80v.png

surreal%20environments_zpscvlj4tro.png

Shadow%20World_zps53ghrp6y.png

Duddudduddudduddudduddududududdududud_zpsupj2sviz.png

In Game-Stats/Formation - From Current Playtest:

Cleaner%20Armor_zpslbkidzgv.png

The%20Evil%20Known%20as%20Overlevelling_zpstoa121hd.png

"Be Wary, as Curiosity is a blessing and a curse."

0100100001101001011011100110000101110011011010000110100100100000011010010111001100100000010001110110010101110010011001110110111101110011011100110010011100100000010001000110000101110101011001110110100001110100011001010111001000100000011101110110100001101111001000000111011101100001011100110010000001100011011000010111001101110100001000000111010101110000011011110110111000100000011101000110100001100101001000000110010101100001011100100111010001101000001000000110001001100101011000110110000101110101011100110

Spoiler

11001010010000001101000011001010010000001101000011000010111001100100000011000110110000101110101011100110110010101100100001000000111010001101000011001010010000001101101011000010111001101110011011000010110001101110010011001010010000001101111011001100010000001110100011010000110010100100000011001010110110001100101011011010110010101101110011101000110000101101100001000000110001101101000011010010110110001100100011100100110010101101110001000000110111101100110001000000110100001101111011100000110010100101110

♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬

Music - Notice the Credits on the Side: Well, other than soundpool mixes, I also added in some remixes from other generations of RPG Maker. Though because I'm an amateur, don't judge me over the issues over the reverb and the sound quality in-game. I'll consider fixing it if there's a problem though. Some of my fav tracks includes: 

♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬♩♬

Spoiler

I won't spoil the rest. But those are some of the more.. better ones that I've tried remixing. You can get the entire current soundtrack if you download the game.

---------

Notes for the current alpha development - I don't mind spoiling this since really, this is all about development and feedback on the alpha version: 

==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

Chapter Two will have a lot of CG's, probably. The battles in Chapter Two and Three will likely be battles that won't be strategic per se, but will be brutally unfair on you. At least to those who did not use the RPP system. 

If you may want to know, levels are now up to 200. So, yeah. By the end of Chapter 1, you would have reached MAX level of 99, provided you grind like crazy. How weird is that? Of course, this is if you decided to grind like crazy. I do want to try to limit the grinding feature though at some point.. but maybe I shouldn't think it over too much considering this is an experimental type of game.

Majin Zubher and one other character (Male and Female) are OP characters if used correctly. Justified, since they are from the opposition of the main cast.

Some RPG Maker MV soundtracks will be included in the pack, this includes the DLC Remix of RPG Maker 2003. 

I changed my mind in the previous post, there will be 5 supporting characters confirmed to play a role in-game. All of the supporting cast can be placed in the characters post, but that's spoilers.

The entire package, DLC and all, will likely be complete by Winter 2016 or Early 2017. May be pushed back or it may be closer depending on the overall scenario that I have to pull. Considering that the mapping designs will be a little bit less detailed, I may be able to complete it at least 2016, maybe. Don't take my word for this though, since this may not be entirely accurate.

----

Also, due to problems in the bestiary system, I may remove it completely, thus it may not be a part of the final game. I assume that because there is a problem with another script that I placed in. But right now, I don't think I can remove it for now. I may remove it in exchange for the bestiary depending on whether or not I may consider the significance of the design aspects in the game on whether or not I would need one. And even then, the script for Smooth Movement of choices is a little cluttered and problematic on some areas, especially when you move it rather quickly. But this is beyond my area of expertise, so I may not put it in.

The prototype of the game will be based on the demo provided in the game. So that should be done. Scripting edits would take some time to complete due to my other "activities" but once I'm done within the next two or three weeks I may be able to work on reiterating the scripts for the game even more. 

Half the characters in-game will have a "potty-mouth". In addition, part of Chapter 1 will be... Very Disturbing because of a certain character. So if that offends you or turns you off.. then this might not be the game for you. If this is best changed because it doesn't fit the atmosphere, then I may consider changing this. This is dependent.

Also, the final, FINAL boss, from what I can gander... has over 2,000,000+ HP and 15,000+ MP. While the normal final boss is only 155,000 HP. Ponder over that for a second. I still need to balance that out though. 

Chapter 3's majority of bosses are at mostly done and strategically placed. Though they haven't been tested for balance just yet.

Chapter 2's battle will be "interesting". I may really consider the character competition for adding more participants to the battle in the Grand Magic Tournament. And your choices will culminate into multiple diverging choices depending on your actions in the Prologue and Chapter 1.

There is over 200+ bust set for main and side characters in the Prologue and Chapter 1. I'll probably have around 250+ bust set by the entire game's standards.

There are 10 exclusive battlebacks with a lot of the current ones placed in RTP. This may change later on.

A majority of the main cast will at least have their own character sprite. Depending on the characters themselves.

Considering how much people could do with the stuff they had, I think I'm not pushing it. In fact, with the time I had, I probably should made it a little better than I wanted it to, considering I'm not on a time-constraint.

-------

Well, that's all for this month's update. Its a whole chunk lot, so I think that'll be good. By then, I should have Chapter 1 all set, maybe.

I also may not be able to work on this much this month due to my other "activities" require me to be very, very occupied. But I may be able to at least provide an update by January at best.

Oh, and also, I also need to juggle between this and another small project created with RPG Maker MV on another game site on RMN, which you can find the link right here:

Concordant%20Title_zpsjmzwwxxp.png

http://rpgmaker.net/games/8374/

This is kind of irrelevant, but I guess I might as well add a little bit as to why I don't exactly update as much. Its on hiatus right now though, so you don't have to mind it too much for the time being.

On a final note, I might as well leave this li'l thing to ponder on:

Spoiler

DKAM%20-%20Bust%20-%20Secret_zpsr7thzrzz.png

BerryB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This month's update for this game's slow at best right now. I'm still off on vacation and I won't be able to work on it a lot. Even if I do have the time, I'm actually working on a short game called Concordant, my RPG Maker MV game for this month (finally working on it after 2 months of delay(s)). So I might not be able to make the deadline of February both for the DLC and the current update. I'll post updates and release builds of chapters when I'm actually done with it, to not kinda ruin the expectations on what's on the front page. But I may be able to try to get everything done this year, I hope.. 

Though I will take this time to reflect on my "drafts" and see how much I can go through with this project and see how much I can complete this game's Chapter 1 and, eventually, Chapter 2. And after watching a few RPG maker games and trying a few on my own, I could say that I may be able to pass the bugs for the time being and just work on completing the game. Although thanks to a great friend of mine, who actually helped me out with proofreading of all things, I can concentrate on making the story with little worries while at the same time, fixing all the bugs and change all the stuffs at some points, fixing a few minor details.

Anyways, this little side post will be a short reflection in how much I really care about this project's... origins.. So, kinda ignore me if it seems a little too "me-me" and all, but I suppose I should at least get some personal stuff for the development of this li'l project, just as something that I could reminisce about in the future. And as for something of a li'l sneak peek to the development of this thing that I may probably call a hobby side project of mine.. Eheh..

-----

First draft of this game is actually made quite awhile when I was starting out with VX. The result... is questionable at best and at the time, I was a total noob on the matter. I never thought how much I overscoped, how I ended up flawed in the design and all and ended up with something that is probably bad by current standards, but I really don't care all that much and just.. be happy with what I've gotten. Welp, we all grow through experience sometimes, I suppose.

What%20it%20ACTUALLY%20starts%20as_zpsn2apzqj4.png
 ​
Yes. It started that way..
 ​
And then after deciding on drafting them, I finally decided to make another version, which one of them is already seen on the previous post. That version went under the water too because of a lot of reasons, which are more personal than technical (though copyright is probably one of the reasons..).

And then I decided to make this version in RPG Maker VX ace, simply because it has easier control and I can work with it in a more flexible manner. And with the passion that I had left in me, I worked on it endlessly until the end result is as follows:

New%20Revamped_zpsp9rrvqij.png
 ​
 ​
I ended up re-making all the assets from scratch, which took me quite awhile to work on revamping story and assets. I finally decided to just work it off for now and hopefully I can get through it the best I can. Being the first project that I took rather ambitiously, I might say that this might be overstepping my boundaries. But then again, my first experience working on this is going to be, at best, not one of the best experience I will make. Though I might have to learn sometime in the future and improve upon it the best I can.

So yeah, now.. I suppose I'm still working on it and tried to complete everything to the best of my ability. Balancing out the progression curve, learning the in's and out's all while learning from this experience. I get this sense of euphoria when I'm working with this and it's still something that I will treasure a lot during the development of this l'il thing I made.

So yeah, I'll say that I don't have much to share (other than this li'l self reflecting of mine). I have to fix a few problems here and there and with my friend helping me out on everything, I really hope I can get Chapter 1 done by February at best as I still have to fix some stuff and complete all the CG's and cutscenes. Also, probably shouldn't set deadlines for this one this time around since I probably won't be keeping them. Anyways, I'll keep updating this later on in the month and see if I can get everything done by then, we'll see.

Latest Profile Posts

Tarzanthecat wrote on hiddenone's profile.
THANK YOU SO MUCH HIDDENONE ADSKFSJDFSKDF
Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington