lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The EULA of the FSM Castle and Town pack states:

"Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the Resource Pack"

Where do I find this documentation? Do I seriously have to create this myself?

marsatche

Strawbebby
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it means you just gotta credit it somewhere that you're using the pack.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is an EULA when you download and bouch the pack with a demo of them.
if you dont have it, did you download them illiagally?

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think it means you just gotta credit it somewhere that you're using the pack.

No, here's the full line:

Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the Resource Pack and the following copy: [Copyright](C) REFMAP

In other words, this is a separate requirement from the "crediting". I have no idea what "documentation" they're referring to that they want me to include.

And the guy who replied above and who instantly assumes everyone is pirating, seems to have no clue that this line IS in the EULA. The EULA even starts with "Thank you for purchasing...". That doesn't seem like a document you'd want to include to your game.

Really confusing. I guess translation was lost somehow from Japanese to English, or whoever wrote this has no idea what he's doing. I could add a text file to my game that says "Hey, the resource pack "X" will be used as assets for this game... DUH", but that seems rather silly (and obvious). I guess it's better than getting sued because of this EULA written by a child though...

marsatche

Strawbebby
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, here's the full line:

Your game must include additional documentation that clearly indicates the use of the Resource Pack and the following copy: [Copyright](C) REFMAP

In other words, this is a separate requirement from the "crediting". I have no idea what "documentation" they're referring to that they want me to include.

this line IS in the EULA. The EULA even starts with "Thank you for purchasing...". That doesn't seem like a document you'd want to include to your game.

... could add a text file to my game that says "Hey, the resource pack "X" will be used as assets for this game... DUH".
Oh dear. Maybe a restaff member would know more about it?

Well yeah, "Additional Documentation" seems pretty vague. Having never purchased it before, I would think that they ask to make a separate document from the game itself, not an entire license txt solely belonging to this one pack. If somehow yours didn't come with it tho... then it'd make sense to just credit it in your readme and put in their big copyright sign. :p

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I do think they mean crediting. It is very common to include a ReadMe.txt document with your game that serves as documents the resources you've used.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As many packs/resource creators ask that you include something like that, and/or their web site address, it makes sense to have a simple notepad document in your game folder where these are all listed. It's only a few minutes' work, and keeps everything clear.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinokami