Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

tg-bbg-wod-01-aa.png

ೋღ❀ღೋ SYNOPSIS ೋღ❀ღೋ
Eurydice is a Visual Novel Game with Hidden Object Puzzles between scenes that focuses on retelling the classical Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice from the perspective of Eurydice.

ೋღ❀ღೋ IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS ೋღ❀ღೋ
Screenshot .pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.pngScreenshot4.pngScreenshot5.pngScreenshot6.png
ೋღ❀ღೋ DOWNLOAD LINK ೋღ❀ღೋ

ೋღ❀ღೋ STORY ೋღ❀ღೋ
Listen to the story of Orpheus and Eurydice as told from her perspective. Follow her from a seedling to her tragic death, while taking breaks to find a few hidden pictures along the way.
Watch as she cheers on her love in a walk to reclaim their lives in the living. Can you help her be reborn?

Please note:
This is not complete at this time. There are a few functions (Back and Skip) that are not implemented yet. I am also working on several additional endings to add to the game for more playability.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice mapping, though, I try when I got time. (not a visual novel fan),
but I will check anyway :)

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the click and search puzzle is nice, failed to get them in the 2nd one,
the story is nice so far I followed, the guy with the music is similair
to zelda that has one too :D but a nice touch though.

the maps are realyl gorgeous and I try to beat the game later this week.

there is 1 thing I really like and didn't saw it before.
when you click the cog wheel (to save, back, skip, pause), it is really nicely
done going out.

there are also some aspects to learn from, so keep up the nice work :)

while seach and click to get the object isn't my thing, I still recommend
people to play the game and try it out :)

Last edited:

X9Kittenz9X

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks and sounds really good. Can't wait to play!

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the click and search puzzle is nice, failed to get them in the 2nd one,
the story is nice so far I followed, the guy with the music is similair
to zelda that has one too :D but a nice touch though.

the maps are realyl gorgeous and I try to beat the game later this week.

there is 1 thing I really like and didn't saw it before.
when you click the cog wheel (to save, back, skip, pause), it is really nicely
done going out.

there are also some aspects to learn from, so keel up the nice work :)

while seach and click to get the object isn't my thing, I still recommend
people to play the game and try it out :)

Thanks!! I'm still working on trying to get the back and skip to work... It's frustrating me because it won't stop the current scene dialogue first THEN do the back or skip.... So I end up with story over top the puzzles. Lol oh well. I'll keep going though!! It will probably be after the deadline for the jam... But at least I got a working prototype for the hidden picture part in!!
It looks really good! I'll definitely play it (after I'm done with mine).
You can do it!!! Keep going!!!

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm in completely over my head in my own IGMC project, but I cannot wait to play yours! I love hidden object games, but I haven't played one in an age. Visual novels aren't usually my thing, but this has definitely piqued my interest!

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm in completely over my head in my own IGMC project, but I cannot wait to play yours! I love hidden object games, but I haven't played one in an age. Visual novels aren't usually my thing, but this has definitely piqued my interest!
I hope you enjoy! VNs aren't usually mine either... but i decided to try something new and get out of my comfort zone with the jam as i was in a sort of funk. I had so much fun making it though so I may do more! In college i had an assignment to rewrite a Greek myth, and so i chose to do this one, with a spin and I always had the story close to my heart since. While trying to make the leap from paper to dialogue was more challenging then the rest, it was a fun endeavor! I just have to get those last two mechanics to work right lol... i will though!

This looks and sounds really good. Can't wait to play!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it if you play it

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Just finished playing through this. I left my thoughts on it on the itch.io page.

Some "bugs":
  • Both Aristaeus & Hades's portraits cover up the leaf sign in the window.
  • For some reason, when the Save Menu first opened, the selection was on File 2, instead of File 1
  • I also had the missing file prompt when I failed near the end. Thankfully the game didn't close, so I was still able to experience an ending. (Unfortunately the game kept trying to find the missing file even after I started up my savefile.)
Some ideas for improvement:

• Have a SE play when you clicked on the correct object. This is common in HO games, and would be very helpful to know in case the hitbox of an item (like the Seashell in puzzle 7 and the walking cane in puzzle 5) is smaller than expected.
  • Have the game pause when the game window is not active. (I started this up and when I was in an auto-play section one of my cats started screaming bloody murder (for no apparant reason ofc). I tried to pause by making the game window inactive, but the text just continued playing)
  • A casual mode that's not against time? Instead you could have a hint system for that one that works the same way as your 'ran out of time'. Persephone only has two/three hints she can give you throughout the game. I don't know, just spitballing here :)

As I mentioned on itch, this was a great experience and I'm in awe of stuff you were able to do with this game!

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just finished playing through this. I left my thoughts on it on the itch.io page.

Some "bugs":
  • Both Aristaeus & Hades's portraits cover up the leaf sign in the window.
  • For some reason, when the Save Menu first opened, the selection was on File 2, instead of File 1
  • I also had the missing file prompt when I failed near the end. Thankfully the game didn't close, so I was still able to experience an ending. (Unfortunately the game kept trying to find the missing file even after I started up my savefile.)
Some ideas for improvement:

• Have a SE play when you clicked on the correct object. This is common in HO games, and would be very helpful to know in case the hitbox of an item (like the Seashell in puzzle 7 and the walking cane in puzzle 5) is smaller than expected.
  • Have the game pause when the game window is not active. (I started this up and when I was in an auto-play section one of my cats started screaming bloody murder (for no apparant reason ofc). I tried to pause by making the game window inactive, but the text just continued playing)
  • A casual mode that's not against time? Instead you could have a hint system for that one that works the same way as your 'ran out of time'. Persephone only has two/three hints she can give you throughout the game. I don't know, just spitballing here :)

As I mentioned on itch, this was a great experience and I'm in awe of stuff you were able to do with this game!
I love all the feedback I have gotten, and have started working on a list of things that have been mentioned already in the game itch.io page...
I am open to all suggestions and ideas and feedback on this project because it can only make it better... Right!?!!!!?? Thank you @slimmmeiske2 for playing!!

So to date(working on the polished version for after the jam).

I have:

Changed the calls in the events on "The walk" Map (last map) to use the correct 'scream' file in all fail instances.
Added "bell" sounds to the picture events to signal audially to the player they found something
Got rid of the save confirmation on the bonus puzzle (like...idk why I put it there honestly...)
Opening/Closing the object tray on puzzles now causes the timer to pause until it is fully open or closed.

Last edited:

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added the Hint system as you can see here.
Got the message log to work correctly!
1661207019784.png
Fixed Arty and Hades Busts so that you can SEE the little leaf icon
1661207174302.png1661207191004.png
Because there are many ways that Orpheus dies in the myth.... Depending on which version you read... Plus my own romanticized version... I asked one of the artists to reprise her work on the project!! There will be a total of 4 ending images. Wonder which you will get....

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is the hint system only working on the amount of "hints" you got?
and ending based on hints used?

I'm a bit busy, but definelty redownload later on for a new run.

CCCreations

CCCreations
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
heh.... opps
is the hint system only working on the amount of "hints" you got?
and ending based on hints used?

I'm a bit busy, but definelty redownload later on for a new run.
I wont be uploading the new version until after the voting period is over.

Each puzzle will only have a max of 3 hints available to the player. Three is a major thing in mythology of most histories... but especially in Greek mythology. I showed how they worked in the video for demonstration only ^.^
The ending is based on if you get the QTE. If you make it to the end... to my own romanticized version ... then you will see the art work and story ending that reflects that. If you do not make it to the end of the trail, then you will get 1 of three endings in which Eurydice briefly glazes over in the IGMC version. The story will be fleshed out a little in some places, but not so much that it impacts the play time.

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinRykhus