Event Activates on Event touch

KeenWolf

Amateur Game Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My issue is getting a lever to open a door when a projectile hits it. In VX Ace all you would need to do is set the event to event touch which would make the event activate on both player touch and event touch, now event touch activates when the event  initiates the touch on the player and has nothing to do with touching other events. 

Issue.png

To put it simply: How can I make that orb make that lever activate.

Issue2.png

I checked all of the plugins on the released forum and didn't find one that did what you could in VX Ace.

Issue 3.png

This is how I allow the player to fire a projectile. Although it is a crude method that I could tidy up with other plugins it still works as intended, but with events not being able to easily trigger one another I'm not sure what the best way would be to make the projectile activate events. My intention is to allow the player to use the projectile to hit switches and start fights with a guaranteed preemptive strike. If I made the projectile check to see if it was lined up with another event and had several of these events on the map it would cause lag in the projectiles movement to check every events location.  I'm not sure if I missed the plugin that would solve my issue, should request a plugin for my issue, or if there is a better way to solve this without cluttering my map or lagging the game out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
events do not trigger other events. The Event Touch trigger means when the event touches the player, not when an event touches another event.

There is a plugin (in the JS Plugin Releases forum) that allows you to set a condition for an event touching another event. Otherwise you can just use a parallel process that checks the two events to see if they're on the same spot. Or a parallel process event that checks the region id of the projectile, and then paint that region id over the tile that the switch is on. For both, turn on a switch when the projectile is launched, and condition the parallel process event by that switch - then turn it off again when it reaches its destination.

Or - how are you moving your projectile? If it's a defined move route, just turn on a switch at the end of the move route, and have the second page of the switch event conditioned by it. Avoid parallel processes and the need for plugins altogether that way.

KeenWolf

Amateur Game Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If it's a defined move route, just turn on a switch at the end of the move route, and have the second page of the switch event conditioned by it. Avoid parallel processes and the need for plugins altogether that way.
This did work for the lever, but would there be a way to get the projectile to stop when it hits a monster and start a fight? I can get the preemptive attack thing to work if hit by projectile, but I'm not sure how to make the fight start with the projectile.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This did work for the lever, but would there be a way to get the projectile to stop when it hits a monster and start a fight?
In VX Ace all you would need to do is set the event to event touch which would make the event activate on both player touch and event touch, now event touch activates when the event  initiates the touch on the player and has nothing to do with touching other events.
You'll need a plugin to create a new trigger for event-event-triggering, and that has always been the case.

In all makers so far (since RMXP), event touch always only triggered when the event touches the player - there was absolutely no way to trigger event by event in default of Ace.

Either you remember completely wrong, or you added a script that changed the default way of triggering, but event touch could never be triggered by another event.

KeenWolf

Amateur Game Creator
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright I went back and looked at my previous VX Ace game and I am indeed wrong. Fooled myself. I'll look through the event sensor plugins and try to solve this. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laser_Kirin