Event and Text quandary

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I am new to these forums, and I didn't know where to post this. I have been working on a private fun little experiment of a game for about a month or so now. For the most part its comin  together nicely. However, oyi does this game do some strange things at times! Case in point, the reason I made this post. I have a NPC that is sleeping, and when the player clicks on him, a text is supposed to pop up saying "zzzzZzz" and it does, but the problem is, and this is strange. The character changes forms each time you click them, from a brown haired man, to a woman with pink hair laying on her face, to a blond man laying on his side, I used a damaged person graphic when I did this. Then there is this door, a stone door with jewel in the graphic, when the player walks through it, it disappears (which is fine), however it cuts a white hole into the ground in the shape of the door afterwards. So anyone know how I can fix these? Also if this is in the wrong section, just say where and I'll move it.

Oh I forgot one other thing, if you put a plaque/sign on the wall how do you get it to activate? I tried adding one to a wall and making an event and choose (player activated) and then the text, and nothing happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Questions on "how to do something" belong in the support area of the Maker you're using. I've moved that according to your profile preference.

Game mechanics is for theoretical development of mechanics independent of the engine.

And what you need is to check the "direction fix" (bottom left), you're using a behaviour sprite that has different pictures for the different directions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv