ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone, I am searching for a script like this one from Hime http://himeworks.com/2013/03/event-followers/
This basically give an option for the player to add event as follower!

I need it for a simple reason, some of my party member make light when it is the night in the game. As followers cannot be tagged with terrax lightning, i thought about making an event who will follow the players as the actor will do.

edit: So after many try, i still need help for this:

I thought about ways to do what i need!
1/ make an edit or additional plugin for Terraxlightning to work with followers (with a notetag as an exemple).
2/ Make a plugin who link a event to a follower. So if event have light, it will look like follower will have the light.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about conditional branching to check whether someone is in the party and whether it's night time to change the follower sprite into one that shines? Will that work?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried,but many trouble happen. When i set the event to move with the player, there is a delay, so when the player keep moving, the event do not move as many as the player! If i just set the road to go where the player is, it move a little as he want, so the light is not following the needed actor!
I also tried using yep plugin to have the event moving to variables, but it is not supported by the plugins! (else i made a mistake, but i checked twice the instruction)

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fixed. Galv's script worked nice. (there is some ... awkward little moment. But at least it work just fine!)

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So after many try, i still need help for this:

I thought about ways to do what i need!
1/ make an edit or additional plugin for Terraxlightning to work with followers (with a notetag as an exemple).
2/ Make a plugin who link a event to a follower. So if event have light, it will look like follower will have the light.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Last edited:

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This one is to add non playable followers but there are actor. Yeah it do not work. Lol
Yeah, it is so close... but isn't quite what you need.

Perhaps the best solution is to ask Terrax to add follower support?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did, but he didn't connect on the website since month... this is why i did that and also asked to galv if he could handle it with event spawner. He can't as his real life his busy...

Edit: I really think being able to have event as follower could be conveniant for more than me.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found that the following script used in an Event's Autonomous Custom Move Route with the Options Repeat Movements & Skip Movements checked does bind the event to a follower:
Code:
$gameMap.event(this._eventId).setPosition($gamePlayer._followers._data[$gameVariables.value(1)]._x, $gamePlayer._followers._data[$gameVariables.value(1)]._y);
This example uses Game Variable #1, set 1 to which ever variable you'd like to control which follower is bound to the event.

Before you display the light set Game Variable #1 (or which ever you use) to the follower you'd like to bind the event to.
Same if you'd like to change which follower is bound.

Alternatively you could hardcode the follower id like this:
Code:
$gameMap.event(this._eventId).setPosition($gamePlayer._followers._data[2]._x, $gamePlayer._followers._data[2]._y);
The above uses follower #2.

Also using the combination of OrangeMapChangeEvent & OrangeCustomEvents by Hudell is able to load an event from one map to another every time a map is loaded.

Almost forgot for this to work best I believe the movement frequency of the event should be set to 5 (Highest).

However because this this is not a more direct it method does have a delay.

Let me know if this helps.
I will try to work on a plugin if possible. :)
Edit:
Needs more work but I've managed to write a plugin that will Bind Events to Followers (or the Player):

Version 0.4:
CTB_BindEvents - Plugin: Click Here to Download

CTB_BindEvents (with TerraxLighting) - Demo: Click Here to Download

However... the lighting still seems to have a delay. Perhaps it is just my PC though?

Note: The only true stable way is to use the comment method, the others seem to get removed upon scene changes...

Last edited:

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a mistake when i try to run it in my game. lenght undefined.
2018-01-02 (1).png
2018-01-02.png

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I can send you the game's file if needed, so you will be able to see what happen easily maybe... just tell me!)

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I sent the link to you in PM)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o
just finished a bunch of art commissions! im really grateful for this community- people have helped me out so much here- so im just trying to return the favor the only way i know how! :0)
Ami
--- Fan Art ---

F.Mage: Phew...after finishing the Gathering Quest,i can take a break with my Phone. Let's see,what's new in the Fan Art Gallery
(3 Minutes Later,The Fan Art Of F.Healer & F.Mage Pecking Each Other Appeared)
F.Mage: (Spit The Water) WHAT THE HELL!!!
(Meanwhile)
M.Knight: (Nosebleeding) Nice Scenery!
trying to figure my way around the basic functions of Construct 3 and OH GOD MY BRAIN. I'm starting to think that developing decades of RPG Maker skills might have a downside.
I miss my VXA project, so I might be rushing for RSE. Dropping a random progress report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Verdux