josellie1234

Roman Centurion
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
HI, I was wondering, is there a way to have an event, when activated by the player, start a battle? it would need an enemy graphic, and should stay still. Once defeated, it would remove the event so that it does not repeat. 

Could you please help me?

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You'll want to create a new event and set it up as so:

Double click the "Graphic Box" (where the dragon is in the screen shot) and it will pop up a window that has a choice of graphics. Pick one that matches the monster you want to use. And click ok to go back to the event window.

Then Below that you see some little square boxes in the "Options" area.

Direction Fix means it will always be in the same position. (If it's facing down, then it won't face up, turn left or turn right).

Stepping Animation: means it will cycle through the character graphic sheet's row. This isn't needed, but if you have a mob with wings, then turning this one will make the wings flap.

Next double click in the very large white area to the right called "Contents". This will make a menu pop up. seclect the 3rd tab at the top and select "Battle Processing". It's the first on in the list.  Pick the battle you want the player to enter. Click ok and go back to the Event window when done.

Now double click the line below the battle process and go to the 1st tab and in the Game Progression section: select "Control Self Switch". Set it to "A" and "On".. this is the default so all you need to do is press ok.

Now, you should be back at the event window. There's buttons at the top of the window. Click "New Event Page"..This makes a new page. For this one you want to set a "Condition". Look for the small square white box next to "Self Switch" and the drop box next to it will activate. You want this set to A.. which it should do by itself.

That should be it.

josellie1234

Roman Centurion
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, ill try right away!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
btw, the second page of that event uses the Self Switch A as it's condition...

then if you want the event to be available if you return to the map, replace the Self switch with Erase Event... and remove the 2nd page too

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDevloG