Event below character coliding

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, one thing that's being problematic for me is that I need to have events that are below character (such as floor buttons) to be able to move around. Problem is, they have no colision, and they are able to walk on top of each other.
I don't want that to happen. I would like to have events that are below characer (and maybe above character as well) to be able to colide with events that are on the same level, and to not pass throught each other.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Normaly Events dont path through each other. Only if "Through" is activated.

And yes on "below character" the player can only trigger em by walking on em, but the events cant trigger by moving under the player.
Its not clear who activates who in your question.

But while writing this i notice this is for MV, did they change the Eventbehavior? Or is maybe another Script causing this behavior of passing through events?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I mean is, I have events that are below character moving around.
And unfortunatly, they are actually able to walk over each other, despite not having "throught" checked.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thats strange... maybe report it to the Devs as Bug in the Engine.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not a bug. Event collision checks for other events with normal priority. It allows events with Above/Below priority to be ignored. It works exactly the same way in Ace.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But in ace i could place some empty events on below to make sure some npc events dont wander of in some of the coridors.
I have to retest with 2 Events both on below.
Edit:
I placed 2 Events on below character one had a graphic the other didnt.
The Events could not walk over each other.

So i supose they changed it in MV, or its a Bug, or this behavior is caused by some plugin or other unknown reason. Or the "Through" Box is checked, than they can move through each other.

Edit2: Even above Events need to be made "Through" to being able to pass through other Events. Have to recheck in a fresh Project , not that on my end a script is interfering :).
Edit3: Retested in a fresh Project, same outcome. So did they change it in MV?

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There used to be a bug where events set to above/below still blocked hero-level events, but that's been fixed. Not sure if that's related to your issue.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He is not talking about player to event movement collision passability.
He is talking about Event to Event movement collision passability.
Atleast if i translated the first post correctly.
I asume he aint a Bot or a Troll eather. So the problem is strange and if i would buy MV i would face the same question like OP does.

Edit:
OP recheck your Events and specialy the Eventpages (last eventpage meeting conditions is being executet), Human Error is a common cause of Bugs and Problems, it happens to all of us.
Also check for Common Events in the Database or Paralell Events on the Map and look if they contain any moveroute commands. The Bug could be somewhere in there.
Best would be to retest a simple test build in a fresh project.
This can be done also by anyone who owns MV, to provide further information.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The thing is, in VX ACE, any events on the same level colided with each other and couldn't pass throught each other.
But with MV, I've tested it, and while "same as character" events block each other, events that are "below character" aren't blocking anything.
And that is a problem, because I want to have things like walking buttons, or walking teleportaion pads and stuff like that for my puzzles.
So I'd need below-character events to block other events. I thought there could be a plugin for that.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you are still asking for the standard behavior of this maker, make a bug report...
in ace my below player event cant move though the above player event. events in general cant move through events until the through box is checked with a mark on.
So OP having only the events colliding on the same priority would not work and you would need a movement script for that.
But since i dont own mv and cant check for myself very quick, have good luck iam out of the thread.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bex you're right - just checked again and the Game_Event function isCollidedWithEvents just looks for ANY event without 'through' on that spot. Game_CharacterBase's function (used by the player) is what checks the priority.

However, make sure it IS a bug before you report it as a bug (I hate it when people jump around shouting "the engine is buggy" when they've done something to cause the problem).

Start a brand new game, don't add any plugins. See if it still happens.
If it doesn't, disable ALL the plugins in your project. See if it still happens.
If it does, check what version the scripts are in your project - you could have the latest and greatest editor version, but your project could still have the very original version if you haven't manually updated it with each new release.

If your project's scripts are all up to date and your plugins are disabled and the problem still happens, and the problem happens in a brand new game without any plugins, then you can call it a bug. Otherwise, it's something specific to your project.

Reactions: Bex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stuart18