TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey so I'm not asking someone to make me a custom plugin for this, I feel like there MUST be an existing plugin that works for this, and I just want someone to point me in the right direction. I think this is still the right forum and if it's not, please at least know I'm not posting this in the wrong forum *on purpose*.

I found and tried one plugin here on the official 4ums with this functionality, which is https://ct-bolt.itch.io/rmmz-chase-player-plugin

Now, possibly owing to it being an acknowledged very early demo, it doesn't work great. by which I mean it more or less does what it's supposed to, but a little clunkily, and then when I feed in an event move route to an event using the plugin (for instance, with an event that's an on-touch encounter, the event move route to make it disappear once that enemy chases the party down initiating a fight and the party kills that enemy) it locks. Events with the plugin's note tag don't seem to like receiving movement routes from event commands.

I've looked on MakerDevs and a few other places with no luck. This Huddell plugin, Cyclone Movement, or this Casper Gaming plugin, CGMZ Event Movement MIGHT include the basic functionality I'm looking for, but then again they might not, and I'm reticent to hand over money for something that might not even do the one fairly simple thing I want. Likewise, I don't really have a budget for MZ Plugins (I'm using MZ for the Touch The Stars jam) so I'm not inclined to shell out $ I don't have to Visustella for this. If anyone has ported Yanfly's Event Chase Player for MV over to MZ, I haven't found it. I feel like there's gotta be something free and working around here for a function this basic, even though RMMZ hasn't been out all that long.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What about this

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Close! I'm looking for a "sensor" that lets an event "know" or "see" when the player is within a certain range, say, five tiles. CTBolt's plugin does this but as I mentioned it has some issues.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I recall correctly, @SigmaSuccour posted a video about switching event pages using a sensor. So you could try to combine both to create what you wanted. Check their profile posts.

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey so I'm not asking someone to make me a custom plugin for this, I feel like there MUST be an existing plugin that works for this, and I just want someone to point me in the right direction. I think this is still the right forum and if it's not, please at least know I'm not posting this in the wrong forum *on purpose*.

I found and tried one plugin here on the official 4ums with this functionality, which is https://ct-bolt.itch.io/rmmz-chase-player-plugin

Now, possibly owing to it being an acknowledged very early demo, it doesn't work great. by which I mean it more or less does what it's supposed to, but a little clunkily, and then when I feed in an event move route to an event using the plugin (for instance, with an event that's an on-touch encounter, the event move route to make it disappear once that enemy chases the party down initiating a fight and the party kills that enemy) it locks. Events with the plugin's note tag don't seem to like receiving movement routes from event commands.

I've looked on MakerDevs and a few other places with no luck. This Huddell plugin, Cyclone Movement, or this Casper Gaming plugin, CGMZ Event Movement MIGHT include the basic functionality I'm looking for, but then again they might not, and I'm reticent to hand over money for something that might not even do the one fairly simple thing I want. Likewise, I don't really have a budget for MZ Plugins (I'm using MZ for the Touch The Stars jam) so I'm not inclined to shell out $ I don't have to Visustella for this. If anyone has ported Yanfly's Event Chase Player for MV over to MZ, I haven't found it. I feel like there's gotta be something free and working around here for a function this basic, even though RMMZ hasn't been out all that long.

hello. Hey moghunter has a sensor plugin for MZ. I currently use this in my game. It’s able to sense a player within the number of squares you designate. So you can set up an event chase player.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can simply have the event running a parallel process...
JavaScript:
if ($gameMap.distance($gamePlayer.x, $gamePlayer.y, $gameMap.event(this.eventId).x, $gameMap.event(this.eventId).y) < num){

//do something

} else {

//do something else

}
...where "num" is the number of tiles away you want to check for. Then if the player gets close enough it will do the action, such as moving towards the player, and when the player manages to get outside of range it will stop.

Personally I use...
JavaScript:
if (Math.abs(Math.sqrt(Math.pow(x1 - x2, 2) + Math.pow(y1 - y2, 2))) < num){
    //do something
} else {
    //do something else
}
...because it is much less resource intensive, though it doesn't however check for looping maps if that matters. x1,y1 representing one target's location, and x2,y2 representing another. You of course don't need to use the player in either example, you can use two event locations.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitty_Muse