[Event] Creating key item triggered events

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In games like chrono cross, you can press a key to open a window with a list of key items currently in your inventory.

In chrono cross, you can try arbitrary key items hoping that one of them will trigger an event.

RM also comes with a similar feature, except it is strictly through eventing, and you are unable to use a key item to

trigger an event.

There are two issues with this:

1. Even if you wrote a script to open the key item selection window, you'd have to figure out a way to actually trigger an event

2. When you've triggered an event, how would you determine which item you are using, and how can you make it easy to set up the event? Parallel process with a conditional branch? What if you have a hundred NPC's?

The solution is to use Event Trigger Labels.

This script comes with built-in functionality that allows you to setup an event to activate when a key item is used on an event.

Setting up the event is simple:

1: Create a label of the format

keyitem?(n)Where `n` is the ID of the keyitem that you want the event to respond to.
2: Add event commands as usual under the label.

The following image shows a sample event, with multiple triggers (both buttons and key items), as well as an example result in-game:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos