Event displayed over Overlay?

Alalia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using Kaus Ultimate Overlay and I'm trying to have an event placed on a wall that the player can walk behind and gets overlayed on top of the player. The problem is the event that is also on the wall has the overlay placed on top of it. Is there any way to change the layer priority of the event so that it goes on top of the overlay?

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So if I recall correctly your map overlay will have a "ground" and "par" level. So it sounds like you want a layer that the player will be behind but an event will be in front of. No events will ever appear above the "par" level, it's just not intended to do that. However, I believe you can achieve what you want doing this:
  1. Place the piece of the map you want your character to be under and the event to be over on the "ground" layer
  2. Place an event that displays the wall piece of the map that your playable character will walk under (put the wall in a "character sprite"; even if it's larger than your 48x48 grid size it will still show up as long as you have your "sprite" template setup correctly) => set the event priority "above characters' & check "through" in the options
  3. Make the event that will be walking on top of the wall => similarly set the event priority "above characters' & check "through" in the options
This should allow event 3 to walk over event 2, and your player to walk under both. Let me know if there is any confusion with this!

Alalia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So i figured it out with a modified version of what you told me to do. I made the sprite for the wall 2 high with the bottom half being blank and the top being wall and set it to same as character. Then I set the event one above it and set it to above character. This worked for me. And I thank you for giving me the idea. :) Couldn't have done it without ya!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188