Event doesn't complete the full movement route when trigger is parallel process

Pawpwner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello guys, i need your help again :p

So i want to make this event run up and down when the player enters the map.

Instead it just gets stuck, and just moves down until it hits a wall.

I figured out that the parallel trigger was the problem.So i tried to place some events that trigger on player touch in the beginning of the map, but this looked awkward since the event didn't move until the player started walking  What would be the best way to make this event work like I want it too? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Since the event runs every frame, the moveroute probably keeps overwriting each other, so the first step (moving down) is repeated forever.

Couldn't you just set the moveroute in "Autonomous Movement -> Type (Custom) -> Route..."

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Parallel processes run continuously, up to sixty times per second without lag and without waits.

And the command is SET move route, it doesn't move directly - which means that you give a new move route (always erasing the previous one) sixty times per second.

The correct solution depends on what the event to run is - if it is just a map decoration or an NPC populating the map, then set move route is the wrong way and you should use autonomous movement like said above.

If the event has some specific function and needs to be processed at special times, then you need to switch off the parallel process after you've given the command.

If it is part of a cutscene, then every event in that cutscene needs to be controlled from a single autorun event by set move route.

If you can't get it corrected with these tips, then you need to give us more info on what that event should be on the map.

Berylstone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello guys, i need your help again :p

So i want to make this event run up and down when the player enters the map.

Instead it just gets stuck, and just moves down until it hits a wall.

I figured out that the parallel trigger was the problem.So i tried to place some events that trigger on player touch in the beginning of the map, but this looked awkward since the event didn't move until the player started walking  What would be the best way to make this event work like I want it too? Thanks.

You may also want to try going to your set movement route options and change it from Repeat Movements to Wait for Completion.

That should fix the issue with your event continuously moving down if you want to stick with using a parallel trigger.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Use a Custom Movement Route and set your event to Action Button.

Apart from the issue you're having above, if you do this for a number of events, you're going to be causing some lag by using parallel processes. Follow lavra's instructions and set it up under Autonomous Movement instead.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Never do it like that... parallel process + move route event command that move it's own event will make your savefile corrupt. Try saving in that map and your save will be erased. It's mv bugs i accidentally found. You must use the autonomous movement move route instead placing it in event page like that if you're moving that event. The bug won't happen if you move other event... it will only happen if you move the same event that called it using move route in parallel process.

Hope this help.

Pawpwner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks  for the help, i can't believe that i didn't notice Autonomous Movement before, kinda sad that i can only pick 1 answer because all of you provided some good information, oh well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpLover666