Event Editor Help

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How do you get two different event pages for a singular event to work simultaneously? ie, one page allows an object to move and the other allows for it to damage the player on contact.

I know that autonomous movement can be done on the same page, but the movement pattern I'm looking requires the event object to warp to set location, which doesn't to be an option under the "Movement Route" list, thus me using another page.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope. Two pages can't be active at the same time. The game always uses the latest page (one that's condition is met, if any at all)
You can do this in one page though... can you talk about it in detail?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yup, two event pages can't be active at the same time. Depending on what you are trying to achieve, there is surely another way to achieve it.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Use this in the script section of the move route?
$game_player.reserve_transfer(map_id, x, y, direction)

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, so that's that, lol. Good to know.

Let's see. What I guess my main problem is that I have an object that's supposed to go straight down in a line in order to simulate falling. Initially, I used only one page with the autonomous movement making it move down 8 tiles and then Jump up 8 tiles upwards back to the top to loop it. Like there's multiple falling objects, you see.

Anyways, I tested it out and found that if I just stood there and blocked its path, it would stop moving, but Jump up 8 tiles anyways. I'm assuming it goes through all the steps, but since it can't do that with the player in the way (can't remember if I had checked off "Skip" but I think I did), it just goes to last step, even if it means removing itself from the map. Whoops.

I thought that opening a new page with all the same commands except replacing Jump to Set Event Location would just bypass that, but here we are. What I really wanted was to have it just warp back to the top of its path to avoid any shenanigans. Besides that, I didn't want the object to actually be visible on the way back. Didn't really see an option for that under the list of Movement Commands. If there's a way to do that, then I guess my problem's solved.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you turn through ON? So that it doesn't get stuck?

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Tea's Jams Tried that. It got to the bottom of the path before saying "$game_player is not defined."

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Hyouryuu-Na Nah. That just makes it so that object goes through the player without damaging him.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! You want to damage him. Sorry, I misunderstood that. Is this a cutscene? Like, it's supposed to happen or can the player move and dodge?

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's just supposed to be an obstacle. Completely dodgeable. Think like a line of falling rocks you have to time to get past.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How about this:
I goes forwards 8 tiles, right? Turn on through so that it doesn't get stuck along the way. At the 7th tile downwards, turn Through off. Make sure event trigger is Event touch. At the end of the custom move route, you can use thsi: $gameMap.event(eventID).setPosition(x, y); where x and y are the coordinates where the event is falling from initially.

Managed to make it work:
1597370987708.png
1597371007989.png

Last edited:

WhatZitTooya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm.
So having it jump to a set point seems to prevent it from off-screening, so that much was helpful. Thanks.

But I think the way you got it set up is so that it only hits you on the very last spot, which was confusing me for sec. I guess I shouldn't have said "falling" rocks, cuz I meant it like a landslide type of way. Like the rock could hit you at any point of the path, y'know falling on a slope or something. I guess the proper word for that would be rolling!

Still, I think I can figure out the rest from here. Plus, if I ever need to implement a system where the object is falling through the air and then it can hit you on the ground, I guess I have it now. Either, learned something new. Thank you.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh. I thought falling as in something falling from above. Do you still need help with this? Just finished my test. I'm free now so I can try to help you out.
Edit:
@WhatZitTooya For the rolling event, just insert this in the event page contents. Mark it as parallel.
◆If:Script:$gameMap.distance($gameMap.event(5).x, $gameMap.event(5).y, $gamePlayer.x, $gamePlayer.y) == 1
◆Change HP:Entire Party, - 10
◆Shake Screen:9, 9, 60 frames
◆Wait:60 frames //This is just so that the player doesn't lose too much health at once

:End

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serkmet