dnel57

dnel57
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Page 2.pngPage 1.pngPage 1.pngPage 3.pngPage 4.pngPage 5.pngPage 6.pngPage 6.pngSleep Event Page 1.pngSleep Event Page 2.pngI have pored over this for two days,now,and cannot figure this one out.

(not that I'm a pro by any means)

I have an event that has three parts A,B,C.

The first part I used the last item that I obtained as the condition.

It is an item that you cannot avoid getting in the game,nor can you sell it.

The second part uses an item that I am to fetch for this particular

character as the condition and, you cannot get it sooner or any other way.

The third part is a sleep event where we sleep at the character's house.That is using control switches etc.

Now for the problem.

I play  tested it with "new game" with one character who has no items,etc.

I put chests out with the items for the first two parts and took them in the order as they were needed.

Then,slept for the third part.

All three parts of the event worked perfectly.??

Yet,when I try it with my two person party,it only plays the third event,and I haven't slept there???

Perplexed.Any ideas?

Thanks

Page 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show screenshots of the event - descriptions are ambiguous and often leave out a lot of important information.  We need to see how you've set things up to be able to help you.

Please use Alt+PrintScreen to grab a screenshot of each page, as that's the best way to provide an image that's big enough for us to read, and contains all the information we need to see.  Then post them here as separate images - do not combine into one as that reduces the size and makes it difficult to see what's going on.

dnel57

dnel57
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you,Shaz,for looking into this.

I have solved it,myself,I hope.

I created a new switch name and # for the sleep event,and,that seemed to solve it.

Why it worked with new game,I still can't understand.

Thanks,again

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If changing the switch worked, it might point to you having a script that uses that switch and you didn't make it use a different switch, or reserve that switch so you don't accidentally use it, and so the switch is being used for two different things.  This would be particularly likely if you were previously using a very low-numbered switch, like 1 or 2.  If you were, definitely look through any added scripts and make a list of the switches/variables they use, then go into a Control Switches / Control Variables command, name those switches/variables so you know they're being used by the scripts, and hit Apply.  You don't need to save the event command, but naming them and hitting Apply will make the names stick, so you don't accidentally use them for other things.  Then each time you add a new script, go through the same process of looking for switches and variables.  Usually they'll be just under the script comments, in a configuration section.

Last edited by a moderator:

dnel57

dnel57
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll have to check through the whole game to find out what happened.

The reason I created a new switch name and # was because of the

the difference of "new game" playtest and my two person party playtest.

The party has collected items and been lots of places and,of course,"new game" playtest is one character with nothing who has been nowhere.

That is why the

"new game" worked and the party didn't(seemingly).

They must have encountered that switch before.

Thanks so much for your help and responses.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's always risky making changes to maps and then loading save files from before the changes, just as it is with adding scripts and then playing from a saved game.  You don't know what might have been done before that you've forgotten about but is impacting your test.  

I would still look at the scripts.  It's a process you need to do anyway, even if you think you've solved this problem.

dnel57

dnel57
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I will check all event pages.

I do fix little things here and there,if needed.while playtesting through the game.

When done, I playtest again from the beginning.

Thanks,again

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol - that's not what I said.  I said you need to check your SCRIPTS, if you've added any, to see if they use switches or variables.  If you do, you need to either name those switches and variables so they are not used for something else accidentally, or you need to change the scripts to use switches or variables that you're not currently using in your game (and still name them so you don't accidentally use them for something else).  Also to ensure you don't have several scripts using the same switches and variables.

Scripts are NOT events.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbelluco