Event flying over star passaged tiles

lunaluna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi all, I'm having a problem finding how to make my owl fly correctly over the trees. When it goes around the map, the tiles marked with star passage option end up on top of the owl. I put the option Above Character thinking it might help, but it didn't. I couldn't find any depth option for my event neither. Is there an option to make this easily? Thanks!

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Star tiles will always show above other graphics by default... You would probably need to find a plugin to allow you to bypass that.

Above character will just make your owl appear above the player, graphics set at non star and events with same as char or below char and also allow it to pass thru lower events I think... and Tiles still get the priority I think

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
One workaround you can do is to event the actual tiles of the overlapping trees.

You can event the bird with the priority "above character" and make sure "through" is checked.

For the top of the trees place an event and put the tree from the tileset in the event that you want the bird to fly over.  Set priority to "same as characters".

The bird will fly above the tree event and it will look seamless to the player.

One issue you may have, if the treetop is in an area where the player can walk, then the player will walk over it rather than under it.  Depending on how your map is setup you may need to jiggle events around and possibly change their priorities depending on where your bird is.  

Last edited by a moderator:

lunaluna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Star tiles will always show above other graphics by default... You would probably need to find a plugin to allow you to bypass that.

Is there any known one that does this?

Thanks to both of you! I'll see what I can do.

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CubeLeopard5