Event for adding lore found in a game to a comprehensive library

Castoa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not entirely sure how to tag this since I'm having a hard time wording what I want to do but

Basically what I'm wanting to do is create books and such in my project that players can interact with to get lore. I know how to get that to work, but what I'm thinking I might want to do is create a place or menu in game that acts as a sort of library or "lore dictionary" where once they read a book, that text gets added to the library for them to access all in one place easily later. I'm not sure just how I'd go about doing that or if I'd need a plugin.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sounds like you want to look for a journal plugin or something similar. I mean, it would be possible to do this through events, but it would certainly be longer and messier.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use the book menu plugin by taaspider

Castoa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the input, I figured I'd probably need a plugin. I went to check out taaspider's book menu and it works beautifully!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing clean-up on tall-ified sprites, filling in pixel by pixel where the stretching warped the image, feels incredibly tedious but also highly rewarding when one zooms out and the sprite looks even better than before.
I found this app on the playstore and I'm loving it, it's very good for organizing project ideas
hmm one of those days where there's a lot to work on with my game... annnnnd I have no idea what I wanna do. most of it tho, involves drawing lol. either enemies or NPCs.
I'm going back to the default RTP, in the interest of getting it done. FSM is lovely but slow to work with and has tall doors. And switching to tall sprites would mean a lot of franking, and also the horses will be small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raylux92