itachi11115

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to make a simple boulder pushing event, where the player can push the boulder into a hole and then
the hole is sealed, allowing them to pass.
1. I have one boulder which moves away from the player upon being touched.
2. I have 2 separate holes, each one leading to a different treasure, forcing the player to come back for the other
3. I have a parallel process event which constantly checks the location of the boulder
4. I have a conditional branch which states that if the boulder is within one space of the hole, it activates a switch
5. When the switch is activated, the holes activate "through" so the boulder can pass through them.
6. When the switch is activated, the parallel process switches to another page, also parallel, which constantly checks the location of the boulder to see when it has been pushed onto the hole.
7. When the boulder is pushed onto either hole, it activates a corresponding switch
8. When the switch is activated, both the boulder and the hole are supposed to disappear.
9. When the player leaves the area, a parallel process activates outside the area and turns all switches off so they can go back for the other treasure.

Everything works as expected with the exception of the hole and boulder being removed when they make contact. For some reason, they both stay visible, but I am able to walk through the hole and continue pushing the boulder past it.
Can someone help me figure out what went wrong?

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you dont exactly need a constant check if you do it right, as your
hole/boulder dissapair might be caused of the "event tile", I would
suggest if they are on the right spot, change the image with the
boulder inside the hole.

I made a similair mechanic, but a bit more advanced, but do you
use any plugins or pure eventing?

as there is a tutorial of this on the forum as on youtube how to
make one like this as well.

it might be helpfull if you can find it.

itachi11115

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you dont exactly need a constant check if you do it right, as your
hole/boulder dissapair might be caused of the "event tile", I would
suggest if they are on the right spot, change the image with the
boulder inside the hole.

I made a similair mechanic, but a bit more advanced, but do you
use any plugins or pure eventing?

as there is a tutorial of this on the forum as on youtube how to
make one like this as well.

it might be helpfull if you can find it.
No plugins, just pure eventing. Both the hole and the boulder should be replaced by a transparent image, leaving a dirt spot where the hole was. But for some reason even though the switches seem to be activating as they are supposed to, they don't disappear.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's impossible for anyone to see what might be wrong if we don't know what your event actually looks like - especially when it's obviously some kind of error in the event code that should be triggering that last switch. Please provide screenshots. Aside from that,
3. I have a parallel process event which constantly checks the location of the boulder
As previously mentioned, I can't imagine why this is necessary. Just have the boulder check its current location after each time it's pushed.

itachi11115

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's impossible for anyone to see what might be wrong if we don't know what your event actually looks like - especially when it's obviously some kind of error in the event code that should be triggering that last switch. Please provide screenshots. Aside from that,

As previously mentioned, I can't imagine why this is necessary. Just have the boulder check its current location after each time it's pushed.
Okay, I took your advice and eliminated the extra event. Now it is working mostly as expected, the only hangup is that when it is on top of the hole you have to walk into it an
extra time to get it to fall through. But honestly, not a big deal, the mechanic is now doing what I want it to. So thank you!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
having an inside could help you more if you didn't miss any,
but you could always polish it later when you learn more :)

Good luck on your project further.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlimbs