Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i have a event and i selected a picture i made but every time the event starts the picture is too far to the left so i moved the event one block over to the right and when i tryed it now the picture is too far to the right.
it clips into half of the block to the left or right

i have the image in a x 3 y 4 but everytime the event starts it moves left or right of where i have placed it

userlame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A 3 to 4 sprite is right, but MV's default sprite mode is images of 6 of these sprites together. If you name the sprite with a $ in front of the name it tells MV it's a single sprite.

Like this: $robotcarrot

If you already did that, post the image and let's have a look at it.

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
also i made my screen resoution 1392x768 and my map is W 83 H 84 w3984 h 4032
Here is the picture im using it is a 8x9 384 x 432 and the entire picture size is 1152x1728 everything is divisable by 48 and the name has a !$ in it so it selects the image correctly when the swhich triggers the image moves 24 pixles to the left
iMV9k8

https://ibb.co/iMV9k8
and here is a video of whats happening

Last edited:

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok i did find a fix but never found out what was causing the event to move 24 pixles when it activated.
the fix i found was a plugin SimpleShift http://mvplugins.com/plugin/EvilCat/SimpleShift
which allows you to set in the events notes when it activates how many pixles you want it to move up or down.
so if anyone has this problem here is the only fix I found

userlame

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh now I see exactly what you mean! Rpg maker shifts events position by 24 pixels to give the illusion events stand in the middle of tiles. It can be changed for all events in rpg_core or rpg_scenes, I don't remember which (ctrl + f for 24). Or a plugin like that will do the trick for individual events.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ashfell Are you using it as a picture (as in, show picture) or did you set it as the event graphic?

If you are using it as an character set/event graphic, I suspect that it's to do with the way you've set up your character sheet. Events draw graphics from the bottom middle outwards. So wherever you place your event, it will draw the center of the bottom of the image in that spot. If your image is not aligned properly for that, it will appear to be off. Can you post the image you are using?

@userlame I'm not sure that that is accurate information about it shifting it 24 pixels for any reason. Character sprites are, by default, shifted 6 pixels UP. This is so that when, say, standing on the edge of a cliff, the character is more realistically placed rather than literally being directly on the edge. This is what the ! in front changes. It is commonly used on door character sets, so that they are flush with the bottom of the wall and not drifting 6 pixels up.

I may be wrong, but I've never heard anything about it shifting 24 pixels for centering it.

You may both want to take a look at this topic regarding the structure of character sprites.

edit: Okay, I saw that you had posted the image after all, so I opened it up in Gimp and my guess was correct. Because your image is 8 tiles wide, it is not centering the way you think it should. Like I said, it starts in the center of the bottom, so the part I've highlighted in red is what is being shown in the tile you place the event. Notice how it is half of two grid sections? That's because you have an even number of "tiles".

center_event.png

What you need to do is in your image editing program, shift it over so there is a 24 pixel border on either side. This will make it a full 9 tiles wide, thus the center will be the center. When using larger images for character sheets, you always want to make them an odd number wide because of this reason.

However, when you do this, you will need to add an extra 144 pixels to your image width, otherwise, the image won't divide properly. See how here, I've place the 3 images going across, as a character sheet would have, but the last one does not fit. So I would need to make my image sheet wider to accommodate that.

center_event2.png

Another option that might work best is to not use it as a character sheet and to place these images in a B-E tilesheet and simply map them.

Last edited:

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i tryed your thing and i made my sprite sheet spread out like that and it still moved it over 24 pixles.
i cant really use tilesets because i parallax all my maps nothing is used by tiles from now on i will make evreything odd number. and because i parallax all my maps increasing the width by 1 was a simple task ty for the info i had no idea it would center an image like that ty.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you post a picture of your adjusted sprite sheet?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flike1963