George Halstead

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Friends i have seen that in a few rpg games like the one i downloaded from here called Homework-Salesman that in front of an event there is an animation letting you know to visit that object to trigger the event. My question is how do i implement that indicator. See image below and look at the refridgerator and the hutch beside it that there are little white shining sprites letting me know to visit those 2 objects to trigger something. That is what i want to do.

star.png

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it's probably the event's own sprite set to those sparks.
after the event is done, activate the event's self-switches, and enable a secondary page, without the sparks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simplest way is to give the event a sprite of those sparkles and have it activate stepping animation to animate that sprite. Because the furniture is part of the map anyway, there is no need for it to be part of the event itself.

If the event is not part of the map you'll need a bit more work with show animation on it, and to repeat that it'll need a bit of event code inside.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pirocudo341