Triggish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I have a gate that I want to simply have slide left to open once a condition has been met. In this case Switch 2. It works fine once that switch has been turned on but prior to that the gate is invisible.

I figure I need to have the event activated to be visible but can't get my head around how to make this happen. If Switch 2 is on from the start then the gate will open before it's supposed to. If it's off, then there is no gate. I'm sure there is something simple I'm missing but any help is appreciated :) thanks

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need multiple event pages, one page each for the status of the gate. Remember highest page number = highest priority.

how exactly to do this depends on how you open the gate - so we would need screenshots of your event with its properties and commands for a more detailed help

Triggish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's brilliant thanks, I simply have a default event with the gate image as page 1 now and it works.

The next snag that's presented itself though is that one half of the gate works but as soon as I add the bottom half of the gate, neither work. Some sort of conflict I assume but can't see the answer myself. I've attached a screenshot of the event page 2 if it helps?Event.png

AssumedPseudonym

Lawful Neutral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ran into a similar-ish issue in the project I’m working on, but bear in mind that I’m a rank newbie (and also currently severely undercaffeinated), so you may want a grain of salt with this answer.

I wound up taking the tileset image to GIMP and cropping it down to just the two tiles I needed, making a full spritesheet of twelve out of it, and saving the result as $Statue.png. I used that as the image and everything started working. I’m sure there’s a more elegant solution, but that’s what wound up working for me.

Also, if you’re doing that as an autorun, you’ll need a way to turn it off or the gate will just keep moving left until it can’t anymore, locking up your game in the process. The best option there is turning another switch on after the movement route and creating a new event page for that switch. After that, do you want the gate to stay open indefinitely or open every time the player enters the room?

» If the gate needs to stay open, leave that third event page blank and make a new event with only the gate image, triggered by the switch you just added.
» If the gate needs to open each time, the third page should have only the gate image, but you will need to turn off that new switch before you enter the room (and my suggestion would be to do it immediately before the player transfer into room or immediately after the player transfer out; see which works better).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddkovi