Event is skipping conditional branch...

Frostlord_Icy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure what's going on with this event. The only page higher is a self-switch which is triggered at the end of page 5. This page is just a loooong bit of dialog, no switches or variable modifying, and no common event hogging up the used variable either. However, the problem is, when I have the variable at the value I need for it to trigger, it just completely bypasses the conditional branch and ends.

Attachments

• Even Page Botom.PNG
    Even Page Botom.PNG
    160.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Event Page Higher.PNG
    Event Page Higher.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 12

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is the Player Pick variable set?

Are you 100% certain it's set to ≥1 somewhere prior to the branch?

Frostlord_Icy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, an event prior to this one gives an option for an extra little bit. And I forgot to mention when I playtest the game, I can set the variable I want and it'll still skip it.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This page is just a loooong bit of dialog

.......drop the dialogue and simplify the flow then?

it's hard to see the fault when you can't see the code, and you won't see the code if you have to scroll past a wall of text.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the computer cannot skip a conditional branch if the condition is true - not unless the entire engine code is completely broken and non-working. And that would show with other problems.

so no matter what you think, at that moment when the event skips that show text, the variable is not >=1, and there is a simple way to proof that:
add a show text above the conditional branch that displays the variable value with a textcode.

now the reason why the variable is different than you think is what you need to find, and there are several possible causes.
most likely cause is a plugin you forgot to configure, resulting in the variable being used and set by that plugin. Followed by a double use of the variable in events like already mentioned above.
Or it could be that you have two variables with the name "player pick" and mixed them up.
And if you add the show text and that does not happen, then you broke your playtest by deploying into your project folder and need to repair your project folder.

Frostlord_Icy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Andar OMG, you are amazing. Did the text box, debug added value needed and realized something outside was modifying it. Searched and it turns out, a parallel event to refresh a door was set to activate at that that same level, and to turn itself off; it subtracted 1. Guess I ended up a little unfocused and completely forgot about that lol.

And, when I do any deployment, I'm keeping that folder as far away from the project folder as possible.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o
just finished a bunch of art commissions! im really grateful for this community- people have helped me out so much here- so im just trying to return the favor the only way i know how! :0)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akshatshah