FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I have recently set up a sprinting system for my game, however, (like the title states) the Event simply stops moving directly after pressing or releasing the sprint button, Attached below are two images showing the event in its complete two pages. (Note: At the moment the sprite is simply a temporary placeholder, this will likely be replaced at a later date)

So far, i have attempted setting the second page of the event to "Direction Fix", changing the "Move Toward Player" in the Autonomous Movement to "Move Up"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- FrozenNuke0327

Attachments

• s_shotfinal.PNG
    s_shotfinal.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 11
  • s_shot_ev.PNG
    s_shot_ev.PNG
    21.7 KB · Views: 8
  • s_shot_ev_two.PNG
    s_shot_ev_two.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 8
  • s_shot_ev_three.PNG
    s_shot_ev_three.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 9

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event stops moving? Or the player stops moving? The event's movement has nothing to do with the sprint button.

You only need Move Towards Player once in the move route, if you've got it set to repeat.

Any chance it's bumping into another event? Events won't move through each other, so if there's an event in the road, even if it has no sprite, it will cause it to stop moving.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, I think you should add a wait(2) to the parallel process that checks for the button press.
you might have gotten a timing problem due to lag because currently that event checks sixty times a second, no one can press or release buttons that fast.
A wait(2) reduces that to twenty checks per second, which should still be enough but create much less lag.

FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Things here at home have been quite hectic lately, anyway, i have gotten the event working, and i have implemented the wait like Andar suggested, as well as reducing the amount of "Move Towards Player" in the autonomous movement to just one, ensuring that repeat is enabled,

Thanks for your help! - FrozenNuke0327

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeAngelis