Event isn't moving after sprinting

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP' started by FrozenNuke0327, Jun 12, 2018.

1. FrozenNuke0327

FrozenNuke0327 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I have recently set up a sprinting system for my game, however, (like the title states) the Event simply stops moving directly after pressing or releasing the sprint button, Attached below are two images showing the event in its complete two pages. (Note: At the moment the sprite is simply a temporary placeholder, this will likely be replaced at a later date)

So far, i have attempted setting the second page of the event to "Direction Fix", changing the "Move Toward Player" in the Autonomous Movement to "Move Up"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- FrozenNuke0327

Attached Files:

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The event stops moving? Or the player stops moving? The event's movement has nothing to do with the sprint button.

You only need Move Towards Player once in the move route, if you've got it set to repeat.

Any chance it's bumping into another event? Events won't move through each other, so if there's an event in the road, even if it has no sprite, it will cause it to stop moving.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    additionally, I think you should add a wait(2) to the parallel process that checks for the button press.
    you might have gotten a timing problem due to lag because currently that event checks sixty times a second, no one can press or release buttons that fast.
    A wait(2) reduces that to twenty checks per second, which should still be enough but create much less lag.

4. FrozenNuke0327

FrozenNuke0327 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Things here at home have been quite hectic lately, anyway, i have gotten the event working, and i have implemented the wait like Andar suggested, as well as reducing the amount of "Move Towards Player" in the autonomous movement to just one, ensuring that repeat is enabled,

Thanks for your help! - FrozenNuke0327