RavingGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is an interesting one..

There are 3 different NPC's in a room. The main character must talk to each one and after each conversation the NPC is supposed to "leave" the room. Now my idea was after the conversation i set a movement route towards the exit, followed by transparency ON and Through ON.. The first NPC works perfectly fine.. The next 2 fail to go transparent even though its an identical sequence in the event page.. I have no idea why.. Any help would be much appreciated here..

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show us screenshots of all events and we can try to find your mistake.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you setting the transparency and move for THAT EVENTs?

GothicMonocle

Dearly Departed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I understand your issue, the problem must be that the events get stuck somewhere and the sequence stops before they can complete their move route and turn transparent.

try this approach instead.

1. Tick the box that reads "skip if cannot move" in the move route
2. Add a seperate command AFTER the move route that activates a self-switch (Switch "A" preferably)
3. Make a new event page, leaving the graphic blank and below characters
4. Tick the box that says self switch and Select A

This should keep the characters from coming back when you re-enter the map and will also stop your player from bumping into their "ghosts" and triggering the same event again.

Alternative, if these are not issues you can just do step 1 and then add a seperate move route command after your first one that makes the character transparent (Make sure to enable through as well, though)

Anyways- I hope this made sense. Feel free to ask if you need further elaboration

Attachments

RavingGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welp. This was a standard "Did you turn it off and back on again" situation..
I deleted both events that were not working and re did them.. They both work now... Not sure why it wasnt working as i literally copied and pasted. In any case thank you for the responses and now i feel slightly dumber for not doing this to begin with.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RavingGamer Game Mechanics Design isn't meant for "how to..." questions, any issues with events should go in the support section.

Moving to MV Support.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My guess is that your events all had a move route that they couldn't complete. Even though your first event disappeared, the event is still on that spot, and events will not walk onto the same tile as other events, even ones that have no sprite. You could have turned THROUGH on to allow them to do this, and I think it would have worked.l

Next time you need help, please make your thread titles more specific about what the problem is. Probably half, or more, of questions posted about MV are to do with "event issues". Something like "Event won't disappear after moving" would be better, because it tells us at a glance whether we might be able to help or not, so those who can't don't need to open the thread only to find out they have nothing to offer.

RavingGamer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Will definitely be more specific in the future! thank you1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oli25511