Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I'm having and event issues where the SE and BGS's are not playing, anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Attachments

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you add ogg and m4a files for them?

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For BGS, you turned it off right away with fadeout.
Fadeout BGS is basically turned down volume slowly.
1590504437113.png

As for the SE, I don't know... the volume (50) might be too small.

EDIT : nvm, BGS should've worked even if treated that way. At least the sound supposed to fade away.
You sure the sound works in editor? Doesn't need to be both, but the file has to be either ogg or m4a format.

Last edited:

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Both OGG and M4a files are in there, i've used the sound elsewhere and has worked fine.

The fadeout should have no impact on sound initiation. Maybe I found a bug?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your filenames are a problem.
RMMV creates HTML5-based games, and that means all file- and foldernames have to follow networking rules or the browser will have problems loading them.
and one of the network rules is "no spaces", but your filenames contain a lot of spaces. Replace them with underlines and then reload and rebuild all references.

And how long/big are those files? they have to be completely loaded before they can be played

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your filenames are a problem.
RMMV creates HTML5-based games, and that means all file- and foldernames have to follow networking rules or the browser will have problems loading them.
and one of the network rules is "no spaces", but your filenames contain a lot of spaces. Replace them with underlines and then reload and rebuild all references.

And how long/big are those files? they have to be completely loaded before they can be played
I can confirm, that this has not solved the problem

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BANJOPC you didn't answer my question in the last sentence, because that could also be another cause of the problem...

BANJOPC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Apologies, the first one is about 10s, the second is 30s and the third is 1s.

But, for clarity they all work elsewhere in the game

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to MV support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority