Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynelf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am trying to create a sort of custom menu thing for a feature in my game project. The way I have it set up, I use a common event to store the player's x and y coordinates and map id, and another one to transfer the player to my "menu" map. Once the player is transferred to the "menu" I show a bunch of pictures (portraits, bars and such). If the user holds the B button, the actor then returns to their original location. But when they transfer back to the "menu," all the pictures are gone and won't be generated again... Is there any way to make sure that every time that I transfer the player to a map, all of the autorun/parallel process events run as if for the first time?

Dynelf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, I found out how to fix my problem. When you create a menu system you deal with a lot of switches. In my case, I used all four self-switches in the event handling the generating of my pictures. All I had to do was create a switch I called "menu off," then on the event handling the pictures (every page), make a conditional branch if switch "menu off" is on, then set self switch A, B, C, D off. And I turned on the "menu off" in another event by created a conditional branch that makes it so that when the B button is pressed, the "menu off" switch is activated, and the player is transferred back. Sorry for wasting your time. But maybe this will help someone else.

To reiterate, the fix is to turn off all switches before re-accessing the map. And this is for if you have multiple event pages with different conditions.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry this didn't get approved in time to get help, but glad you figured it out. Also, in the future if you have something to add, and no one has replied, just edit your last post. Otherwise, it's double posting, which is against our rules. Thanks!

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.
I'm sorry about earlier. I have the most hate and the most love for my art at the same time. Felt bad about my thread because I wasn't listening, and because I made it out of a bad mindset to begin with. S'another Thursday for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrollstorm