Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!
Working on a puzzle idea. I created a parallel event with conditional branch with key press check. I was able to get it to work for the most part, however there is a bit of a lag on the event movement when pressing a button down. Wasn’t sure if adding a key press script would help remove the lag on the event.

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Adding a script for that might do what you need, but I honestly don't know...one other thing you could try, though, is adding a few frames of wait at the bottom of your parallel. Also, I think there's a function for this in VisuStella's events and movement core plugin (<Mirror Sprite> should do the trick if I'm understanding right, but I've never tried to use it). Hope that helps!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't really say what triggers the lag when pressing a button. Sounds like you have a parallel running with condition "If action button is pressed"? If that is so, try putting "wait 6 frames" at the end of the parallel If it runs over and over and over, without the wait, it try to run infinite times per second and then it might cause lag indeed. With the wait 6 frames at the end, it still runs 10 times per second, but that is already much lighter on the CPU.

If that is not the issue at all, you might want to add a screenshot or 2, explaining what you try to do and how... The how is more important than the what. :p

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't really say what triggers the lag when pressing a button. Sounds like you have a parallel running with condition "If action button is pressed"? If that is so, try putting "wait 6 frames" at the end of the parallel If it runs over and over and over, without the wait, it try to run infinite times per second and then it might cause lag indeed. With the wait 6 frames at the end, it still runs 10 times per second, but that is already much lighter on the CPU.

If that is not the issue at all, you might want to add a screenshot or 2, explaining what you try to do and how... The how is more important than the what. :p
Yeah, it is lagging with the wait as well.

1645479181271.png

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I didn't mean wait in the move route. At the end of the event, under the condition, put a "wait 6 frames"
1645479486111.png

Ruth Studio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't seem to work either. Do you know the script for the key check?

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, sorry. If it isn't the parallel event causing the lag, then I have no idea.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer