Not open for further replies.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
hey guys! =D

some enemies do have weapons. and to make them carry them, I thought of parallel processing a "Transfer Event to X/Y (of the Enemy) Location. Yeah does work great. UNTIL it moves. The Enemy has to do one step in order for the Transfer event to let the weapon follow.

there is a possibility with pictures doing that work. but doing pictures for every direction the enemy is facing and every weapon the enemy is capable of carrying... this is an endless task. I want another event doing that work for me.

I tried Event follow Event scripts but those do not do what i want them to.
Guys, what can I do about that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to give us more info before we can help.

Enemies don't move and they're not on the map, so I assume that either you're talking about events pretending to be visible enemies, or about an ABS-type battleplugin you've added to the project. Unfortunately that is an extreme difference, and we need to know what it is before we can help.

In the case of an ABS-Plugin, we need a link to which plugin you're using, because the solution will depend on its code.

In the case of events pretending to be enemies, we need screenshots of the events (full events) to see where you went wrong.
This basically is a similiar problem to why we always advice that a cutscene needs to be controlled from a single event to prevent timing problems - you need to control the movement of both events from the same source, and parallel process for transfer event is the worst possible solution, because transfer does not move the event, it skips the move steps.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
1) The title says "event moves..." so please consider this "events pretending to be visible enemies".
2) no plugin used
3) it is NO cutscene. It is an event (with visible weapon) which should <walk together with another event but being permanently ON the event>
4) and about that Transfer Event being the worst possible solution. Yeah, that's right. That's why I need your help as I said in the beginning.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you just have alternate versions of the sprites carrying the objects you want to move with them, rather than using a second event?

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
because than I have something like this:
Monster 01 having weapon 01 - Sprite
Monster 01 having weapon 02 - Sprite
Monster 01 having weapon 03 - Sprite
Monster 02 having weapon 01 - Sprite
Monster 02 having weapon 02 - Sprite

you see where this is going? ;)
there will be lots of weapons and lots of monsters carrying them.
I'm just trying to find a way with you guys how it can be lot less time consuming.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know there have been Ace scripts that would change a character's appearance based on their equipment. Maybe you can find something similar for MV. Of course it would have to be modified to work on events or enemies, but an existing plugin would be a good starting point.

Do the different types of monsters use the same sort of weapons? I mean, is weapon 1 for monster 1 the same as weapon 1 for monster 2?

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
thanks for the reply shaz!
well it's an easy conditional branch to do this, so no script needed in this case. ;D

yes. lots of monsters have same weaponry as some others.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, but twice as many events. A parallel process could be used to update the weapon's real location based on the enemy's location, but would cause quite a bit of lag if you have a lot of them.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
true words. But if let's go back to topic right now. If have the enemies and the weapons location... I need the weapon to move with the "locked" enemy. How are we going to do that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@craenk22 you need to give simulatenous set movement route commands to solve this, but that depends on how you control the movement of both events - which is why I asked you to show us screenshots of your events, because that will give us the information we need to tell you how to change the events to work correctly.

You do know how to make screenshots? Because this is not the first time I asked you to provide screenshots of your events to solve your problems. If you don't know how to do that, simply ask and we will tell you.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
well. moving towards player. because the enemy wants to kill the hero doesn't he?
and the event has the same. logically, they won't take the same way together.
- no screenshot needed - you could've asked which movement route both of the events have in first place.

I believe screenshots aren't necessary here. That's why I don't post them. Thank you for providing help if needed in that case, too.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I already told you you could use a parallel process event to move the weapons to the same locations as the monster events, but that it would cause lag. The only other way is via a plugin.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I hope I can follow you: A parallel process for the weapon to move to the position of the event? so it won't be simultaneously.. correct? they have to move the exact same time. is this even possible via move route and parallel process or am I missing something?
Which plugging do talk about in that case? I've searched but couldn't find any.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What have you tried so far? We need to see your screenshot of your event of what you tried to accomplish, and then we can help further.

Shaz means a plugin to change the sprite based on the equipment, which will not lag your game as much as your parallel process event will.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you know the ID of the weapon events ahead of time you could use a script command in the enemy's move route to also make the weapon event move the same way.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[pirate]IgnoreMe[/pirate]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabershu