Alice's hat trick

Abraca....what was that again...?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if there was already a plugin about this, because this is really a big problem to me as a game writer.

There are times when you want events to stop blocking each other but for certain reasons you can't turn on "through" of any of these events (For example: Event touch)

It would really help if there's a plugin which enables events to be passable if they have different levels of priority, so the entire map won't be so trafficky:kaodes:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I remember your post about the bunnies and the poison grass. You could likely accomplish that using an existing plugin. It's called YEP region events. Using that you would create a common event for a certain region tile, then paint the grassy area with it.

Then your bunny events could run all over it, and once you stepped on the grass (certain region) the damage you specify would happen.

Alice's hat trick

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I remember your post about the bunnies and the poison grass. You could likely accomplish that using an existing plugin. It's called YEP region events. Using that you would create a common event for a certain region tile, then paint the grassy area with it.

Then your bunny events could run all over it, and once you stepped on the grass (certain region) the damage you specify would happen.
Yes! Thankyou so much! I'll go check out this plugin now and see if it works!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@just1witness
I considered that plugin as well and mentioned it, but unfortunately it will not work with @Alice's hat trick other requirements she explained later: the grass is not static, but supposed to change over time (decay and regrow at other positions). But the region Id plugin would have static positions, and no grass animation.

Alice's hat trick

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, after learning how to use that plugin, I realized there are still limitations of what it can do in my situation. (Plus all these alternative methods is making the whole thing very complicated my brain is crying:eek:)

I think sticking with events is the simplest and most effective way to solve my problem here. Hence, this plugin request too.:kaocry:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, you essentially want a plugin that allows you to set priorities for events that allow them to be pass through for events, or for the player?

We could break it down into steps
Use Plugin Command to activate priority -> Events can pass through each other based on priority -> turn off priority -> events go back to normal

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cees