Event Position: Fine Tuning

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Vlue, Apr 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Vlue

Vlue Talent Extraordinaire Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, why not! There we go, some quickie screenshots in the spoiler~

2. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking at your screenshots, I just realized you just doubled a tileset size. Can you imagine the variety possible when you just simply flip or slightly zoom certain tiles? Think about it. You look at a whole row of the RTP trees. They get kind of boring just because they are all exactly the same. When you start adding a slight zoom to, say, every other tile, you are adding a bit of variety and making them less ugly to look at. Or with odd tiles like boxes and barrels, in an area that contains ALOT of them, simply flip a few of them or slightly alter the Hue of a few and poof, you just made them more interesting.

Also, this can make for some cool puzzles. Say there is a key hidden in a huge mess of boxes. One single box is (very) slightly zoomed and has a slight hue change. This creates enough of a difference to set it apart from the rest, but keeps it still 'hidden' enough to make for an interesting puzzle.

So many things can be done with this now. For anyone reading this, you have just found one of the best Ace scripts out there, even if you don't realize it yet.

The Infamous Bon Bon and Vlue like this.
  3. Megablackdragon31

Megablackdragon31 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Great script Vlue,sadly this is not compatible with Moghunter Character EX,it dissables some of the effects...

Please keep un the good work and excuse me for my bad English.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
  4. MrLevi

MrLevi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    This script is exactly what i was looking for and pretty easy to use! Thanks man! Now my candles and mugs of beer finally can sit properly on my tables, instead of teetering precariously on the edges. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    Vlue likes this.
  5. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    I got lazy trying to map out move routes, especially ones involving several hundred moves. So I've added waypointing to this script, mostly for me, but for others too you know. Using the command waypoint(x,y) will cause the event to move towards that position on the map, yay. No pathfinding, just straight movement just like what you would see if you used move towards player.

6. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    Another update? Yup! All these commands are to be used in a Set Move Route of the event to be edited.

Two commands have been changed (read simplified), @shakechar = [v,x,y] to offset(x,y) and @zoom = zoom to set_zoom(value)

Seven new commands have been added to make things cooler and simpler to do within your events!

1,2: fadein and fadeout will gradually change the opacity of the sprite. Duration can be specified with fadein(duration) and fadeout(duration)

3: shake will cause the sprite to.. shake. Duration can be specified with shake(duration)

4: random will teleport the event to a random, passable, position on the map, range can be specified with random(width, height)

5: random_region(id) will teleport the event to a random, passable, position on the map with the same specified region, range can be specified with random_region(id, width, height)

6: self_switch("letter", value) will set the self switch of that event to value, for example: self_switch("A", true) will turn self_switch A on

7: balloon(id) will simply play the specified balloon animation over that sprite

7. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    Added a demo project download link to the first post to show off many of the features of the script~

8. Baka-chan

Baka-chan ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Found a bug while playing the demo.

[​IMG]

If you move to the area marked with the red X then the event at the bottom moves 1 tile upwards. You can now walk through the visible part of the event but not through the original location.

9. Napoleon

Napoleon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    If I have an event like a chair and I want it to have an offset like offset(0,-8), how do I do this BEFORE the scene/map becomes visible? Right now I actually see the chair move to the correct offset when I enter the map.

10. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    Bugs bugs, squash the bugs. Nice catch, got that fixed up now.

If you are setting it via it's custom move route, the easiest way to do it, just change it's frequency to 5, it'll occur before the transition.

11. Napoleon

Napoleon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thank you so much :) . Before I had to adjust the locations of each item in the tileset. So I had 5-9 tiles for 1 chair (1 for each offset). This is so much better.

Vlue likes this.
  12. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    I just keep thinking of more things to add, most probably useful to only a handful of people!

1. jump_forward(length), jump_side(length), and jumpto(x,y) which allow you to jump based on direction or to coordinates

2. memorize, recall, and recall_walk which let you save an events current position, move them, then have them go back to the saved position

3. reset, which clears all Fine Tuning details and restart which completely restarts the event, with option to clear self switches

4. moveto_player and moveto_event(id) which causes the character to move towards either the player or the specified event (works like waypoint)

5. play_animation(event_id, animation_id) which plays the animation specified on the event specified.

How enjoyable!

13. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    you need option to save the event after movement. example: in demo... when talking to girl above. it will teleport to the right side. then try changing maps. and back again to that map. the event will be at the left side instead the right side. but the problem is the page activated is where she supposed to be at right side. talk to her and he will teleport to same location shes standing.

14. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    Merely because I just made it quickly and didn't put anything in the event to check for that. To actually have it save locations after a transfer tho, hmm...

15. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    another method is save the events on the map when there's some changes.... and load it when loading the map....

in my EST - BUILD AND DECOR series i saved the new events in global variable whenever the event copied. and load it when game map setup.

this is the loading parts. hope this help.

class Game_Map  alias est_event_new_setup setup  def setup(map_id)    est_event_new_setup(map_id)    if $resaved_maps.include?(@map_id)      @events = $resaved_maps[@map_id]      $game_map.refresh    end  endendfor the saving part. i could define method in game map.

class Game_Map  def save_current_map    $resaved_maps[@map_id] = @events  endendto call it anywhere... just use $game_map.save_current_map

of course i save my resaved map variable using tsukihime method.

#module data manager to save the resaved mapmodule DataManager  class << self    alias est_clone_event_make_save_contents make_save_contents    alias est_clone_event_extract_save_contents extract_save_contents  end  def self.make_save_contents    contents = est_clone_event_make_save_contents    contents = contents.merge(make_resaved_map_contents)    contents  end  def self.make_resaved_map_contents    contents = {}    contents[:resaved_map]           =    $resaved_map    contents  end  def self.extract_save_contents(contents)    est_clone_event_extract_save_contents(contents)    extract_resaved_map_contents(contents)  end  def self.extract_resaved_map_contents(contents)    $resaved_map         = contents[:resaved_map]  endendmaybe this could help you :D .

16. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    That's close to what I had been musing around, though it would've just been more of a hash of x,y coords with a key of [map_id, event_id] tied to a variable made in game_party so I wouldn't have to write a Data Manager entry.

17. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    I agree to link it game party. (but it's better if game system though. it fits the theme more). since the whole data manager saving is not needed.

in my version i saved the game map @events instead. so the 'same' game_event object will always continue (instead creating new game_event object like default).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
  18. DerTraveler

DerTraveler Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I hope bug report doesn't count as necropost ;)

I like your self_switch-method (which is very useful and should have been standard feature of VX Ace - since only changing self-switches from the event's own pages is quite limited). But it has a bug - you cannot call self.event.id but have to call @event.id when constructing the key... since it is private and cannot be accessed otherwise...

19. Vlue

First Language:
    English
    Whoops, right you are. Got that fixed up now.

20. DerTraveler

DerTraveler Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Next one ^^:

Is there any reason why you need to switch rotate off after doing the rotation?
    Because when the game map refreshes (after any page relevant condition change or any scene change) the rotation is reset...