artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm still relatively new to this program so the answer might just be something simple.  I have this event where a character shows up after the player has obtained all the members in the party, but it won't run.  I have tried many different things like conditional branches, autorun, self switches, loops, and combinations of those.  I am at a complete loss.  Please help.

Here is my most recent attempt.

pg1.PNG

pg2.PNG

pg 3.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please upload a screenshot of your most recent attempt using the attachments.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would definitely not use an autorun event - that will cause your game to hang. I also wouldn't use a parallel process event - you'd have something running 60 times a second when you MIGHT only want it to run every half hour.

I would set up a common event with NO trigger, that turns a switch off. Then have your nested conditional branches to test if all of those actors are in the party, and if they're all there, turn the switch on (this is a switch, not a self switch).

Then remove the first page from your event, and condition the second page by that switch you've set in your common event.

Finally, on any event that adds or removes a party member, do a Call Common Event command to update the switch depending on who's there and who isn't.

artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's what I have now and it's still not working.

database.PNG

pg1.PNG

pg2.PNG

pg 3.PNG

database.PNG

pg1.PNG

pg2.PNG

pg 3.PNG

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
TO help you remember what you used switches for, and to help us understand that please remember to give your switches Meaningful names related to their use

Also it's not working because you have that common event set to Autorun, when that common event is not even needed. It's constantly, about every .01 seconds, turning Switch 1 off.

artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I changed it to no trigger, but it still doesn't work.

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it iswith no trigger, you need to use an event comand to call it. It is the third on the left from the bottom up on the left.

Also, please read Shaz's answer more carefully. She said to add your forks to the common event and call it every time you add a party member so it does the check, so no need for the first page of the event.
I assume that means that they can be gotten out-of-order, else you just needed to change the switch when the last character joined.

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry, is it not how it is called on the VX Ace? Mine is in portuguese, that's how they were calle din the 2k/3 RMs...
Conditional Branches

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just delete that common event! Even if it still doesn't work that common event is not needed.

artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, thanks. Here's what I got so far and it's still not working.

(I am very bad at understanding directions.  I'm sorry if I missed something)

database.PNG

pg1.PNG

pg2.PNG

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Explain what "it's not working" means. Can you SEE that character? Do you HAVE all those people in the party? Can you SEE them ALL when you go to the menu?

artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't see the character at all when I have all the party members, but he does show up when I don't.  I thought it was just backwards, so I tried switching all the switches but it only ended in the same result.

Waterguy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you don't have all party members, does he say what he is supposed to when you do?

artimiss1238

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am supposed to have all party members before he shows up.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you playing a new game, or have you loaded a save file? It seems a bit strange.

If you like, you can zip up your project and put it online somewhere so someone can take a look at it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ugh! I HATE 4shared. I CANNOT download from that site.

Can you load it up somewhere else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny