Andov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings.

In a small area called mining camp I have a rail that comes from the edge of the map and enters a building. There's two things I want to do. I haven't been able to figure this out or find a solution allready posted.

First:

My downward rail bends ninety degrees and appears to go into the building on its left side. I created an event using vehicle graphic of the mining cart full of ore. I used custom route to move the cart down the rail, turn right, move right, and flip a switch.

This event page two starts when the page one switch flips on. It has no graphic. The player assumes the cart went inside the building. Page two has a wait 60 frames then it flips a switch that does page three. This is all attempted with multiple pages in one event- the cart event. The event did not erase it just went to a page with no graphic so it seems like the cart is gone.

Page three has the vehicle empty rail art graphic. Same event, same coordinates, went from full cart to "no cart" to empty cart. Using custom route the cart moves left, turns up, moves up to the edge of map and flips a switch.

Page four has no graphic. It starts with the switch flip at the end of page three's move route. It has a wait 60 frames then a switch flip.

Page five is supposed to mimic page one. I have page one set to auto so it should start the inbound cart anytime player hits the map. I'm fine with that.

My problem is that page five fails to launch page two- the full cart arrives at building and either sits(ignore move if illegal) or bumps. But I can't figure out how to loop the event/s route/s

I want the inbound full cart and outbound empty cart to repeat on the town map. Later I will adjust the interval and complete the cart events inside the building with the laborer unloading the full cart. I know it isn't the same event but I'll event the interior to make it seem like the same carts that appear on the town map.

I appologise for the lengthy post. I'm mobile and can't post a spoiler right now. I've attempted to explain my method for the sake of understanding. I'll post some SS of the event pages as soon as possible (maybe it won't be necessary)

If you know an easier way to do the rail cart "circuit" please explain. I'll be happy to give you credit. If my attempt can be repaired please explain my doh.

The second thing I can't figure out is probably simple. It isn't necessary but it would add a terrific visual. Is it possible to do an upward rail into building? Cart moves up. I can't find a tile series that looks proper.

If no, I can live without it. I can manage with left and right side ins. I can also do top side ins.

I will want to do a least one more on the same map for furnace fuel coming from the warehouse. I will need one similar for the town recieving from the camp. I'm also considering a passenger rail on the same lines.

Thank you for reading. And thank you in advance for donating the added experience and brain power.

-A-

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to visualize all this. <_>

Are you turning off switches and allowing the event to reset back to the starting point? Events will always run the last page that has true conditions.

Screenshots of the event would definitely help.

Andov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought of turning off switches. Running the last page with met conditions was something I did not know, thanx. I was short on time so lll go through that extensively when I get back at keyboard.

I tried to make last page go into second page instead of first page. Reason was I had first page on auto because I wanted the carts to be going as soon as player entered the map.

Thanx for the input. Sorry it's diff to imagine.

Page one moves the cart to the building using custom move route NOT move event inserted in the white area on the right side of the event window. The last movement command in the list is turn on switch002:fullcartarrives.

Page two has the conditional box checked 002:fullcartarrives. It has no graphic. In the white on the right it has wait:60frames. Second and final turns control switch003:emptycartappears on.

Page three has the conditional box checked switch003:emptycartappears. It has vehicle graphic empty cart. It uses custom move route NOT move event. It moves to the edge of map then Switches On switch004:emptycartdeparts.

Page four has conditional switch004:emptycartdeparts with no graphic. It has wait:60frames and finally control switch005:fullcartappears.

Page five was the same as page one except that page one did not have conditional. Page five has conditional 005:fullcartappears on. It has vehicle full cart graphic with custom route same as page one's.

Page five brings cart to the building edge same as page one but I haven't been able to make it flip to page two for the cycle to repeat.

So in my mind I want the page order to go 1,2,3,4,5,2,3,4,5,2,3,4,5...etc.

Can you suggest which switches to try turning off and a what points in the rotation I should turn them?

Thanx. I'll post screenies asap.

-A-

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_your_bro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought of turning off switches. Running...

---------------------------------------------------------------

...what points in the rotation I should turn them?

Thanx. I'll post screenies asap.

-A-
try this:

PAGE ONE

parallel process (NOT AUTORUN)

has the graphic of the full cart

I would recommend that instead of setting a 'move route' in the white box, instead to just set the event's direction to 'custom'

then make the box that opens say this

-[whatever you need to make full cart move to the spot you want]

-change graphic [none]

-wait 60 frames

-change graphic [empty cart]

-[whatever you need to make empty cart move the spot you want]

-wait 30 frames

-change graphic [full cart]

-wait 10 frames

then check the box that says repeat.

thats it, you dont need any switches or even additional pages, this will work.

if you have any trouble just post your problem here.

edit: once you have this working i would suggest clearing your switches that you dont need so you can have the space later if needed.

Andov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanx.

I'll try one page with waits and change graphic.

I need to add an element of realism to the locomotion of the cart. I'm fond of putting people to work instead of machines, :p so I thought having some poor sweaty npc that gets to push the cart. Heh, at least the terrain is level.

If one page works for the cart I think I can model the cart pusher event the same way. I'm think when the cart graphic changes to (none) I can move the cart aside one space to allow the pusher to step forward. It looks like the cart went inside first and the pusher went in second.

While they are both invisible I could rearrange the events then make them reappear and go the other way. I think I can do this.

I'll report back, Thanx again

-A-

Edit: Thanx for the reminder on clearing switches!

P.S. I can use photobucket to link screenies. What's a place to use so I can link demos?

mike_your_bro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanx.

I'll try one page with waits and change graphic.

I need to add an element of realism to the locomotion of the cart. I'm fond of putting people to work instead of machines, :p so I thought having some poor sweaty npc that gets to push the cart. Heh, at least the terrain is level.

If one page works for the cart I think I can model the cart pusher event the same way. I'm think when the cart graphic changes to (none) I can move the cart aside one space to allow the pusher to step forward. It looks like the cart went inside first and the pusher went in second.

While they are both invisible I could rearrange the events then make them reappear and go the other way. I think I can do this.

I'll report back, Thanx again

-A-

Edit: Thanx for the reminder on clearing switches!

P.S. I can use photobucket to link screenies. What's a place to use so I can link demos?
i think the one most people use is mediafire but let me know how it goes. :^D

edit: also, photobucket works fine for linking photos, but i prefer tinypic bc then i can post the img here, you just upload the pic on the site, and copy the link it says is for forums.

it should say
"thelinktoyourpicturehere"][/img]

though if you do it like that it might be better to post your image in a

tag.

Andov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanx Mike_your_Bro for the idea to try. Anyone is welcome to take a look and make suggestions.

I have recreated the design using your one page event suggestion.

My railcart and cart pusher DO have a correct path and timing (just dont get in their way[fences ftw!!]) but unless the party is near enough to them when the route loops over they will fail to repeat.

I want the rail cart and pusher to loop continuously regardless of party proximity.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sc94ialiks7kmyx

This file is the small version so you need the RPGMaker VX Ace to be able to edit it.

-A-

Andov

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
http://www.mediafire...q3exh584jx372qf this is the screen shot.

I see that you have used a barrier to prevent the party from inhibiting the events' movement routes. I will probably use fence instead of water.

However, moving south still caused the cart to move without the pusher. I wasnt fast enough to grab a screen of that but I did get the second one. It seems the cart will not "enter the building."

So what Im wanting is a way to have them do their thing without needing party to be near them.

Im going to try the multiple page events again and make sure switches are off. I was told that the latest page which conditions are satisfied will be the page that runs.

-A-

Update: I redid the events using multiple pages. On the last page I turned off switches. The events do rotate properly.

Two things, multiple pages with switches seems to do the exact same routing as one page with waits, and second, when party is far enough away the events will not repeat.

There seems to be some dependence on party/leader proximity for the event to "go." This problem can be eliminated if I use only one event. Its only when the two events activate improperly that the whole thing breaks.

Comments? Suggestions?

mike_your_bro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
http://www.mediafire...q3exh584jx372qf this is the screen shot.

I see that you have used a barrier to prevent the party from inhibiting the events' movement routes. I will probably use fence instead of water.

However, moving south still caused the cart to move without the pusher. I wasnt fast enough to grab a screen of that but I did get the second one. It seems the cart will not "enter the building."

So what Im wanting is a way to have them do their thing without needing party to be near them.

Im going to try the multiple page events again and make sure switches are off. I was told that the latest page which conditions are satisfied will be the page that runs.

-A-

Update: I redid the events using multiple pages. On the last page I turned off switches. The events do rotate properly.

Two things, multiple pages with switches seems to do the exact same routing as one page with waits, and second, when party is far enough away the events will not repeat.

There seems to be some dependence on party/leader proximity for the event to "go." This problem can be eliminated if I use only one event. Its only when the two events activate improperly that the whole thing breaks.

Comments? Suggestions?
not sure exactly what you mean by 'it breaks', but my guess is that when they don't run together, or dont start at the same time, they end up running into each other and getting stuck in place basically, thats the problem i encountered, what you could do is put a page at the beginning that is just the sprite, with no actions, no switches on, and place a few blank sprited events on the ground that flip the switch for page 2 of the cart AND pusher start(add a new switch), this way the events will only begin RIGHT when you can see them both. Should fix that, though I haven't tried it myself yet.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiteSilverwind