Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I need some help.

It probably shouldn't be too hard, but I'm somewhat new at all this. If I make a map full of monsters and use Shaz's Kill Counter to count the number of monsters killed - plugin link: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kill-counter.56923/

Is there a way that the player gets his ''kill statistics report'' after leaving the area?

For example, If I put on the map 50 very strong monsters, and the player leaves the area after defeating 20, is there a way for him to be informed by an NPC or event on another map about how many he has defeated?

Thank you!!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can display the value of a variable in a message using the \v[n] code.

So if you're using variable 18, just put \v[18] as part of the message. That's just one variable, if you have all the same kind of monsters, or you're using the same variable to count them all (10 goblins & 10 orcs incrementing the same variable would show 20 kills).

If you have different types of monsters and are using a different variable for each type, then you would need to list them separately in the message:

You've killed \v[18] Goblins and \v[19] Orcs

or add them altogether into another variable before the message, then use THAT variable in your message:

Control Variables: 20 Monsters Killed = Goblins Killed
Control Variables: 20 Monsters Killed += Orcs Killed
Control Variables: 20 Monsters Killed += Slime Killed
Show Text: You've killed \v[20] monsters

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are awesome, THank you so much!!!

One more question, does the plugin reset the counting each time?

Let's say a player goes to the area once and kills 5 monsters and dies. So after death he respawns in town (I have it set up that way), and I make autorun event with ''EndKillCounter enemyId'' plugin command, and then and he learns he killed 5 monsters...

If he goes to the area again after all that, will the counting start from beginning (desirable) or will the count continue where he left off (less desirable).

Thank you for making this great plugin and also for your help. You really are a great asset to this community!

EDIT: I got it all to work.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the variable doesn't get reset either when you start the counter or when you end it.

If you want it to start counting from 0 each time he enters the area, just do a Control Variables to set it to 0 on the event that transfers in.

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, the variable doesn't get reset either when you start the counter or when you end it.

If you want it to start counting from 0 each time he enters the area, just do a Control Variables to set it to 0 on the event that transfers in.
Thank you Shaz!!! You are AWESOME!!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosted