Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide some help with eventing/possibly scripting. I'd like to know how to make events sense other events without using a heck ton of variables.
15909687610764596194218391677523.jpg
So, in this picture, every square is an event. One event would be somehow tagged as a bomb, and non-bombs would show how many bombs are touching it. Is there any way to do this without using, like, 9000 variables, because I'm planning to have an 8x8 grid, and that would be a heck of a lot of variables. Any advice you have would be helpful!

EDIT: There is a way I could do this using scripting and $game.variables.value = ["ex1, ex2,] At least, I think that would work... But, that would involve a lot of tinkering, like ( I'm gonna simplify this here) if x pos = variable +1 or x pos = variable -1 or x pos = variable and y pos = variable 2 plus one, minus one, or equal to then do this. I mean, I could do that, but there has to be an easier solution!

Last edited:

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This ride is very BUMP-y!

Alador

The Mage of Mythix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why won't people view this? My emotions are very BUMP-y!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frepoppo