magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How would I go about setting this event up? You use the console on the spaceship to determine which planet you want to go to.
I know that when you land on the planet, I can use an event to switch pages on the console event allowing you to transfer between the other planets.

How do I set up the transfer event at the door to put you onto the right planet that you selected?

Also thinking of doing private actions like Star Ocean. How do I go about setting this up?

Last edited:

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With event "Show Choices" on first tab of event (acting like a console)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depending on what exactly you want there are several ways, but your description is short on details.

if the tip above doesn't help, please give more details of what you want to happen when.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I set up the transfer event at the door to put you onto the right planet that you selected?
When you make the selection at the monitor event, you need to turn a switch ON to change the transfer event of the door. I would have a switch assigned to each possible location from the monitor, then when the choice is made by the player, turn ON that location switch and turn OFF all the others.

Also thinking of doing private actions like Star Ocean. How do I go about setting this up?
This is going to require use of switches and variables. Before trying to set something like this up, I would go through some tutorials on variables and switches. Relationship type systems can get pretty complex depending on the detail you want to have incorporated. It's not terribly difficult, so much as it is time consuming, and it does require a pretty good working knowledge of variables and events.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, variables is my weakness. Not sure if I'm actually doing the whole relationship system. Never found out how that actually works.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I said relationship system I didn't exactly mean like having varying degrees of friendship, sorry for the miscommunication. I really just mean some type of system for determining the triggers for the private actions. It doesn't need to be anything super complex. It could be something as simple as assigning variables, or turning on switches, after certain plot points happen in the game.

Variables aren't terribly complicated. There are some really good tutorials on the forums. You do need to know how to change them within events and how to use them as conditions for getting other event pages to work properly. If you dedicated a few hours to watching some tutorials and actually doing the things they teach while watching, you'll probably pick up the basics fairly quick.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
variables is my weakness.
in that case I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and work through the tutorials there, especially the variables guide game.
It is effectively impossible to make a game with anything more complex than "go there" quests without knowing how to use variables as you'll need them for everything beginning with counting inventory and up to complex puzzle mechanics.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to add puzzles into the game. I shall do your tutorials later when I get home.

Last edited:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally got the variables game to work. Played it, checked the events, and I'm still confused.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then try to make something like the quests of the variables guide on your own, and ask specific questions as to what lines in the event codes you don't understand, with screenshots showing us those lines.
we cannot help with "I'm confused", but we can help with "what does line x in event y does?" (with screenshots of the event).

and if you really read my tutorial, you should have read the line that it takes usually a month to learn the basics, so no one will wonder that you don't understand everything in a single day.
You WILL need weeks to learn everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton