Event that acts as a party member

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Berylstone, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berylstone

Berylstone Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is it possible on VX Ace to create an event that acts as a party member - and continuously follows the player around in the same fashion as an actor who is a member of the group would?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    not exactly - perhaps you can specify what abilities that event should have and in what functions it should act as a party member?

You can set an event to "player approach", then it will automatically try to go to the player (with random movementas soon as it stands near the player and cannot move nearer).

however that is per map and you'll need a bit more to have it follow to another map - and it isn't the same as a follower for a number of other cases as well.

3. Berylstone

First Language:
    English
    Do you mean the move toward player command or is there another player approach option somewhere I haven't been able to locate?

As far as details, if I can get the event to always be on the tile the player was most recently on I think I could make it work.

Edit#

I found what you were talking about with the approach thing under autonomous movement.  I had tried that earlier but the event kept bouncing all around the player - so after that I started trying a custom move route that moved toward the player.  Neither is really working though, because the event always seem to stray off course.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  4. Death10

Death10 ;D Member

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    I found out a way. (but not done yet)

In Game_Follower:

def actor    $game_party.battle_members[@member_index]  endchange it to:

def actor    $game_map.events[@member_index]  endAnd in Game_Followers, add this in def initialize

@data.push(Game_Follower2.new(EventIDHere, @data[-@data.size]))Game_Follower2 is the one edited above.

Hope it can help something.

5. Berylstone

First Language:
    English
    Thank you death, it's good to know this will at least be possible to me at some point then.

I'm not comfortable enough with the script editor to tamper with it quite yet, so think I'm going to put this on hold since it's not something I can do through Events.  I'm going to paste this into my script files though so I'll have it handy for when I have a better understanding of scripting.

6. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.