hananack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hy i want to make a wood log over the water.
i have set up that the log event will be "through" "below player" and activated "parallel" but still my character cannot step on it in game.
any one can help? how do you make events that allow stepping on them when they are over unpassable terrain
thank you

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use a movement route with through selected to automatically move them when you hit a "on touch" event. Or in the tileset options, you can set passability directions for the tiles you want to be able to move across.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
activated "parallel"
NEVER set an event to parallel unless it has content.
and then make sure you really want that content to loop.

activating parallel on an empty decorative event only creates lag, nothing else. You might not see that lag if your computer has enough reserves, but the event will reduce those reserves for nothing.

that the log event will be "through"
and that is why the player can't step on it.
"through" means no interaction between the event and anything else - it ignores not only the passability but also the player and other events.
If you want the player to step on it, through needs to be OFF and the tile selected as a picture needs to be passable in addition to the below player (which is the only one of your settings that is correct)

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
activating parallel on an empty decorative event only creates lag, nothing else. You might not see that lag if your computer has enough reserves, but the event will reduce those reserves for nothing.

Activating parallels is completely fine if done correctly, they don't cause lag.(Using parallels incorrectly will cause lag.) I been using rpg maker for many many many years...

That being said you don't activate parallels in this situation, its Auto Run, that you want. It will freeze everything else then pass the player through the log just make sure to switch that auto run off by setting another event page condition after or it will just continuously try to loop and the game will freeze.

Using parallel is not advised when trying to force move party on the map because the person playing can still move the party on the map so it will just mess everything up.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you select a tile for the event's image, the game will use that tile's passability for the event.

Alternatively you could make the water passable and block off the borders, e.g.
  • With invisible tiles set to X passability, or
  • Events with no graphic and "Priority: Same as characters".
For the "invisible tile" approach I recommend giving the tile a visible graphic until you're done testing.

Otherwise, as suggested, you'll need a workaround that makes the player move Through the impassable water when the log's there, or a plugin that can change passability rules.

hananack

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok i understand.
Thank you all.
i decided to make an event below character that enables player to move through. and for player not to start wandering around i forced him to move to the end of the log where there he steps on another event that turns move through off

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif
Preparing untested English localization for DOWNFALLEN.

unknown-43.png
Sometimes I wonder if I feature creep... 225 magic spells is a lot lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milkpowder